over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Day In The Life of a Bodybuilder: For the Less Genetically Gifted- AMA

First of all, thanks for this topic...
now onto the question, what offseason would you say were the most productive for you? what year / gain / what did you do differently (or better), thanks in advance
So I’ll answer this with my “keeping it real” stance and by no means is a shot at any coach.

My best off season and progressive phase since getting back into things serious at 30 was 2021 going into 2022 when I dropped my coaches and took over my own prep and plan.

I used Meadow’s Gamma Bomb program modified slightly as my training foundation and got away from all the new age BS training philosophies.

I also did my own prep in 2022 which was one of my best looks.

I contribute this to the fact that guys can over complicate the hell out of this stuff. And when you hire a coach they have hundreds of other clients and have to learn your body so in some ways can be limiting IMO if know your own body, which I did and do.

When I pulled and did my own stuff I went back to the basics and ate like hell, trained like hell, cut out all the crazy compounds and just maximized Test and EQ. Only used insulin pre-workout meadow’s style.

It’s why I’m so clear on here that if I wasn’t working with AJ that I would do my own stuff. And honestly if I didn’t have a crazy life running a business then still would do my own stuff. But AJ and this year so far is on track to be my best progressive phase so far.

So I’ll answer this with my “keeping it real” stance and by no means is a shot at any coach.

My best off season and progressive phase since getting back into things serious at 30 was 2021 going into 2022 when I dropped my coaches and took over my own prep and plan.

I used Meadow’s Gamma Bomb program modified slightly as my training foundation and got away from all the new age BS training philosophies.

I also did my own prep in 2022 which was one of my best looks.

I contribute this to the fact that guys can over complicate the hell out of this stuff. And when you hire a coach they have hundreds of other clients and have to learn your body so in some ways can be limiting IMO if know your own body, which I did and do.

When I pulled and did my own stuff I went back to the basics and ate like hell, trained like hell, cut out all the crazy compounds and just maximized Test and EQ. Only used insulin pre-workout meadow’s style.

It’s why I’m so clear on here that if I wasn’t working with AJ that I would do my own stuff. And honestly if I didn’t have a crazy life running a business then still would do my own stuff. But AJ and this year so far is on track to be my best progressive phase so far.
Thanks for the answer!

Thanks for the answer!
I’ll add to that as I saw your post in the other thread on pushing up in weight.

#1 Rule in this sport: do NOT miss meals.

#2. Make sleep consistent and focus on quality of sleep.

#3. Stop under training.

I have always found it’s one of those things and usually in that order as to why guys can’t progress in the offseason. Notice gear and insulin aren’t on the list. Thats easy. Try not missing a meal on your plan for 6 months- that’s the hard shit and what counts.

I’ll add to that as I saw your post in the other thread on pushing up in weight.

#3. Stop under training.

I have always found it’s one of those things and usually in that order as to why guys can’t progress in the offseason. Notice gear and insulin aren’t on the list. Thats easy. Try not missing a meal on your plan for 6 months- that’s the hard shit and what counts.
I'm always eating you can be sure!
for sleep i was a nightshifter from 18 to 25, now at 26 i finally can sleep better and i'm working to always keep my timming 8pm bed 5am wake up
and 3 how would you advice to not undertrain? i mean what tips and feedbacks would you give someone that maybe he is under training? sets maybe? weight? thanks in advance.

I'm always eating you can be sure!
for sleep i was a nightshifter from 18 to 25, now at 26 i finally can sleep better and i'm working to always keep my timming 8pm bed 5am wake up
and 3 how would you advice to not undertrain? i mean what tips and feedbacks would you give someone that maybe he is under training? sets maybe? weight? thanks in advance.
For me it’s easy to ask someone if they’re under training. Some people will say that “DOMS” goes away as you train longer. Well sure the body will adapt to anything. It’s why most guys in the gym will look the same 3 months from now and 6 months from now.

You can of course track weight and sets, but for me if I’m not sore 24-72 hours after a workout then I didn’t train hard enough.

For those who worry of “over” training (very few ever hit this IMO) if your previous workout (for that bodypart) soreness doesn’t clear in your warm up sets then you’re hitting the muscle too soon again or haven’t recovered properly.

But it’s baffling to me how many guys walk and move around in a progressive phase and aren’t sore as shit. Granted I share the same mentality as Branch Warren on training, but still…

For me it’s easy to ask someone if they’re under training. Some people will say that “DOMS” goes away as you train longer. Well sure the body will adapt to anything. It’s why most guys in the gym will look the same 3 months from now and 6 months from now.

You can of course track weight and sets, but for me if I’m not sore 24-72 hours after a workout then I didn’t train hard enough.

For those who worry of “over” training (very few ever hit this IMO) if your previous workout (for that bodypart) soreness doesn’t clear in your warm up sets then you’re hitting the muscle too soon again or haven’t recovered properly.

But it’s baffling to me how many guys walk and move around in a progressive phase and aren’t sore as shit. Granted I share the same mentality as Branch Warren on training, but still…
I'll be more mindfull of that man, thanks for the valuable tip

Not sure if I missed it, what is your current Split? Seems to be very john meadows inspired still, yes?

Not sure if I missed it, what is your current Split? Seems to be very john meadows inspired still, yes?
It’s in another thread on here. It’s Meadow’s style at the foundation with DC and FST work added in.

Monday: Back/Chest touch up (heavy incline movement)

Tuesday: Shoulders/Triceps

Wednesday: Quads/FST-7 seated leg curls at end of workout (hamstring pump day)

Thursday: Off day (cardio, PT work, etc)

Friday: Chest/Biceps

Saturday: Hamstrings/ FST-7 Hacksquats at the end of the workout (quad pump day)

Sunday: Full off day

Within each workout I use DC methods, FST, Rest pause etc according to the muscle group being worked.

There was one issue with your drug regimen that I'm surprised no one has pointed out to you

T4 is a sensitive little drug, even something as simple as coffee can interfere with it's absorption. There is a good chance that handful of other pills you are taking at the same time as it, is preventing you from getting all of it consistently.

There was one issue with your drug regimen that I'm surprised no one has pointed out to you

T4 is a sensitive little drug, even something as simple as coffee can interfere with it's absorption. There is a good chance that handful of other pills you are taking at the same time as it, is preventing you from getting all of it consistently.
Good catch and was going to clarify, but figured if someone wanted to know they would ask.

So nothing I take with my T4 blocks or lowers absorption. Thats why my minerals and vitamins are taken later just prior to meal one.

I also just ran blood work and my T4 was a little high so we will likely be cutting it to 50mcg. I’m extremely OCD about this stuff and timing.

But you’re right, you absolutely have to be careful what you take your T4 with.

If you don't mind, where do you get your aminos, l glutamine, luecine, creatine?

I saw on Amazon glutamine is fermented . Luecine had third party testing, something that is all so common, yet back in 2004, it wasn't for many common companies.

I know truenutrition has fermented vegan l glut, creatine, creapure,. Do you know if creapure supposed to be a superior German quality? I've heard this about twenty years now .

I bought some leucine in Amazon 500 g's was twenty instead of tn s 30 for 500. I saw the third party tested and though good enough.

Did you know many companies used to or still use, and correct me if I'm wrong, human hair,to make bcaas.
Brands I use and reccomend for glutamine and powders as I’ve seen third party HPLC testing on them:

Glutamine: Natural Stacks or Naked Glutamine (what I use)

Leucine: Nutrabio Leucine powder

Creatine Monohydrate: Nutrabio Micronized Creatine monohydrate

Amazon only requires a COA for products and is strict, but not as strict as they should be as they don’t require 3rd party HPLC testing.

I will also say I trust anything True Nutrition uses, but only drink their protein personally.

One brand I personally avoid is Nutricost. It’s cheap, but sometimes and most times in life you get what you pay for.

On creatine- I stick with monohydrate as it’s been one of the most studied supplements in the sports space. Trying to deviate IMO is not necessary or beneficial.

One brand I personally avoid is Nutricost. It’s cheap, but sometimes and most times in life you get what you pay for.

On creatine- I stick with monohydrate as it’s been one of the most studied supplements in the sports space. Trying to deviate IMO is not necessary or beneficial.

Nutracost has third party testing and GMP compliant. In 2004 most companies did not third party test, and costed way more. Anyone remember AST supplements? This is awesome because it shows how supplement quality has evolved.

Micronized creatine mono 's particles are a bit smaller and wont cause as mich stomach discomfort as regukar mono, I see you get micronized version. If load forty grams a day, but most people dont do this, had stomach discomfort from mono, recently. I bought equate brand at wal mart and assuming it wasnt micronized bc didnt say so . Would be good to take in more creatine starting a rebound phase, from dieting, with insulin. Glad you're into this life style.

Nutracost has third party testing and GMP compliant. In 2004 most companies did not third party test, and costed way more. Anyone remember AST supplements? This is awesome because it shows how supplement quality has evolved.

Micronized creatine mono 's particles are a bit smaller and wont cause as mich stomach discomfort as regukar mono, I see you get micronized version. If load forty grams a day, but most people dont do this, had stomach discomfort from mono, recently. I bought equate brand at wal mart and assuming it wasnt micronized bc didnt say so . Would be good to take in more creatine starting a rebound phase, from dieting, with insulin. Glad you're into this life style.
When a company says they have third party testing it generally means it’s randomized and paid for by them.

I can tell you from first hand experience that Nutricost is hit or miss. It’s great we have more compliance in the space, but it’s still not what it could or should be.

On creatine- I personally don’t believe in loading it or that the body needs more than 5g per day. But that’s just my stance. 😊

Can i ask about your pre cafdio protocol when you were cutting, or is it "proprietary"? It's different and very interesting

Referring to the OP, anyone who's competed as a wrestler at any level has my respect. IMO, it's the most challenging sport that takes quickness, functional strength, mental/physical toughness and chess-like strategy to compete at a high level.

My workout partner for about 10 years was a collegiate all-American wrestler, and he was a complete, utter bulldog. You never had to worry about whether he'd be there on time, and whether he'd be pushing himself and me in our training. Those were good, and tough, days! LOL

Can i ask about your pre cafdio protocol when you were cutting, or is it "proprietary"? It's different and very interesting
There’s not much “proprietary” in this sport man. 😂 Just stuff some guys don’t want to share who are advance (like insulin) because some new guys or kid could hurt themselves.

When you say pre-cardio protocol what would you like to know? Cutting and my philosophy on cardio has always been to do it as “active recovery” post workout. I do the step mill and keep my HR around 130-140 the WHOLE a time- not just once it gets there. The last part is important. I never usually go over 40 minutes and generally is 25-30min.

Doing post workout means you’re depleted of glycogen and like to use it for active recovery. Always been my thing.

Currently I do it first thing AM fasted outside walking my dogs as I am offseason. I have taken all my supps from the plan in post one before this happens including my HGH.

I know a lot of guys want to know about insulin and fasted cardio. What I can share is that while with Milos or AJ we have never used insulin around fasted cardio and I personally don’t recommend it as you’re playing with fire.

Referring to the OP, anyone who's competed as a wrestler at any level has my respect. IMO, it's the most challenging sport that takes quickness, functional strength, mental/physical toughness and chess-like strategy to compete at a high level.

My workout partner for about 10 years was a collegiate all-American wrestler, and he was a complete, utter bulldog. You never had to worry about whether he'd be there on time, and whether he'd be pushing himself and me in our training. Those were good, and tough, days! LOL
So true! I wrestled from 6th grade through senior year and was varsity my freshman year and took state every year from sophomore forward.

That sport teaches you every ounce of discipline as I was up at 4am running every morning no matter what. The training and making weight was brutal. I hit the mile in under 5 min year round.

But the one thing I learned the most from the sport is patience and that when you’re on the mat (like any fighting style) there is no getting out. It becomes the longest minutes of your life, but the only way out is to win or be defeated.

I dabbled in fighting after I graduated highschool because I had to fill that void, but bodybuilding quickly became my new outlet and obsession to channel it into.

#3. Stop under training.

Under training, can you go further into that? I don´t see a lot of serious guys undertraining. I would not say they are overtraining but I love training so I would rather spend 7 days in the gym then 3, 4 or 5. Though, my progress is much much better when training less.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131