over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alcohol: How often do you drink?

How often do you drink alcohol?

• Total voters
have cut it way down since college. Hardly ever. Once in a great while, maybe holidays maybe or a get together. Very Rare.

Like said before somewhere on here the poll is not that good. Goes for never drinking to drinking x# every week, where is the middle ground?

If i dont have to work weeknds ill have some fun but if im not really in the mood every weekend ill pass.It seems to be at least twice a month on avg tho.

Not very often. Special occasions, holidays, and every once in a while I get a wild hair. It's hardly ever much though, few glasses of red wine.

Once every 3-4 months about. No matter how much I enjoy myself when I do drink I still never care for it. Always been that way.

:yeahthat:

But, i really moderate myself compared to 10 years ago. The plus side is it doesnt take much to feel a strong buzz now! :p

UGH!!! Yesterday was my birthday, and wow, I feel like ass today! Its funny how everyone, and I mean everyone has to do a shot with you on your birthday. It was fun, I dont drink near as much as I used to though. I dont remember singing all those songs though:eek:;)::ction-sm

Not sure how healthy it is to completely abstain; there was a big study done by the Harvard Medical School, tracking grads of the school over their entire life, and they discovered that those men who had 2-3 drinks daily lived longer and with less cardiovascular incidents than those who abstained. Didn't matter what the drinks were, as long as they had ethanol.

With that said, I personally drink at the most 2x/wk, like on Friday & Saturday evening with dinner, and then it's only a couple glasses of wine or a beer. Many weeks I honestly just forget to drink, even though I really enjoy good red wine and have a couple hundred bottles in a cooler in the basement.

i only drink to shut ppl up that are drinking around me & thats only a cpl times a month if that...

I agree that its ok to not drink but by the same token there are many benefits associated with red wine. Most longevity studys of certain demographics have shown that area's that as a population drink red wine have longer life expectancy than those who dont. I think that we need the bacteria that are in certain fermented foods/drinks/ I'm doing a study right now on Dr. Weston Price who is famouse for his studies of 12 traditional diets of near-disease free indigenous communities from around the world. He found that the one common element is fermented foods which were consumed daily. Such as cheese, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, yogurt, kombuchu tea and yes; wine/alcohol. They also found that obese people have signifigantly lower bacteria in there system/intestines than that of healthy people. Its Probiotics and Prebiotics. Take Serotonin, 5% is found in your brain and the other 95% is produced in your gut. Probiotics have been shown as an effective alternative treatement for depression because of their power to inhibit inflammatory molecules called cytokines, decrease oxidative stress and correct the overgrowth of unwanted bacteria that prevents optimal nutrient absorprtion in the intestines. One can get faster fat loss and better mental health by consuming the "good" bacteria found in fermented foods.

Once every 3-4 months about. No matter how much I enjoy myself when I do drink I still never care for it. Always been that way.

Same here bro, I don't have anything against it, I just don't like it.

Every night.

Every night.

Have a little nightcap each night do ya? Nothing wrong when its in moderation is my opinion. I would worry though if it were a daily thing week after week. Hopefully its just one drink?

1 glass of red wine per day with dinner is shown to have cardio-protective benefits. I hadn't touched any drop of alcohol for months but have recently started having a glass of red wine with dinner on my non-training days for the past few weeks. Gotta say, it's hard to stop at 1 glass. LOL

How bad is alcohol really..for a bodybuilder. Say a bodybuilder sticks to injectables like test and no orals. Is having a good time in the weekends a bad idea....for a non competitve bodybuilder. Kevin Leverone was known to be a heavy drinker.

drinks

I try to keep it in the once a week range anymore than that and it just kills me in the morning.

I don't drink anymore... I drank enough in my Marine Corps days to pickle my liver so I think I'm good on the whole drinking thing. I haven't had a drink of alcohol in several years I believe!

Maybe a beer or two after dinner a couple times a week. However, if there's some good games on, all bet's are off!:D

I rarely drink anymore but I used to be a huge drunk, like wait until my last patient of the day was done. Then zip on out of my office and pick up beer on the way home as quick as possible so I could calculate that I wouldnt smell by the next day's patient at 9am.
But I put myself on baclofen which is a wonder drug for those who get their brain's reward system addicted like I did. It works on the gaba-b receptors, its as effective as benzos such as valium to prevent delirium tremens and withdrawal without the intoxicating effects of benzos.
I started a little mini movement a few years back on an alcohol board getting people sober with it. It was greatly effective in most cases when they used my protocol.
Funny thing was, many of them, started drinking again b/c they liked getting drunk, but with baclofen they can do that, rather than fall back into drinking 24/7. It allows them the ability to moderate much more effectively.

Every couple weeks I get a request for info for some Aussie on the skids from my wife's family who is big into their church. And almost always I can sort them out whereas, before baclofen there was just locking them up in rehab.

Baclofen has also been looked at to prevent testosterone decline while on cycle working in the hpta realm, if I recall, it wasnt too effective but I only looked at the research briefly.
My basic protocol for those who want to quit is:
10mg tid to start (tid = three times daily in divided chunks of time).
Initial drowsiness is the side effect in some/most. Subsides very quickly though.
Double that dose after 5 days,
20 mg tid
Double that dose again after 5 days or when you equilabrate to the dose, meaning the drowsiness goes away.
Continue upping the dose until your "magic point" which is when you feel zero desire to drink. It always happen, just have to get the dose higher. Ive had some reach that at 60mg total daily, some at 300mg. Most at 120mg daily.

Once that is reached, you fill your life with stuff that doesnt involve alcohol, be social outgoing and build networks and time to do things that dont involve alcohol. And voila, you are cured, or managed at least.
Then you can dial back the dose until you start getting that devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear that a beer sounds good and go back up 10mg on each of your thrice daily dose. And thats your maintenance dose.

Which 10mg above waking up the Irish devil that sits upon our shoulders lol
Of course your devil maybe whatever, mine is defnitely Irish

And if you do that, you will be able to drink normally and socially and put it down after halfway through, rather than planning how to get mass quantities of -OH molecules in your system surreptitiously after drinking your first drink. You will be able to put it down and allow the cognitive/reasoning portion of your brain to remain in control, rather than losing a battle to the hijacked reward system of your brain that at that point thinks that the alcohol is more important than water to your survival, which is always a losing battle. Kill that reward system with a gaba-b receptor agonist

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ThirdLegery Gregory
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws