over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Andrew Berry Diagnosed With Mercury Poisoning

If anyone here knows @berryswole personally and can get him to come comment that'd be an excellent addition to the thread. I know @IFBBProDomCardone shared his story here and it'd be great to have another so guys have resources in the future.
I will forward this thread to Andrew now.

Hey Guys, thanks for your concern. Yeah so long story short, I've been feeling like shit. Horrible insomnia, loss of appetite (one of the reasons i started eating more and more sushi grade tuna- its so easy to get down), headaches most of the day, weird cramping sensations on most muscles of the body- not during training but when getting off the couch or work chair, feeling dissociated and doing the fake interactions, still trying to train with an open Pro in his prime and get him ready for his contest season this year and feeling like i got hit by a bus all the time. One of the biggest things ive noticed is poor nervous system recovery. Some of this is age related (im 40) but the mercury definitely has played a roll because its gotten worse in the last fee months.

Now, i get plagued with bouts of insomnia periodically so it didnt hit me that "that" was a symptom initially. The appetite has been dwindling for the last 5 years anyway so that didnt appear to me to be a symptom. But the headaches, the cramping (despite playing with electrolytes and fluid intake) and feeling really beat up all the time- these symptoms started to build up in my mind. Then i noticed that most things besides my dog annoyed me which is weird because Im very easy going. I was getting labs done every month and nothing was appearing to be off or would describe the symptoms. On a hunch I decided to do some heavy metal testing, actually kind of praying that i had either lead or mercury poisoning because my next stop was going to be to go and see a cancer doctor.

So, needless to say, the fish is out of the diet now. I had reached out to some clinics that do chelation therapy but am waiting for them to get back to me. I bought Dr. Andy Cutler's book with his protocol but honestly, it seems too difficult to follow... Taking certain supplements in high doses, every 3 hours around the clock without breaks. Dom graciously shot me a text today and offered to help and i think im going to reach back out. The funny thing is, several years ago way before Dom knew it was mercury poisoning he reached out and we thought he was suffering from SIBO and some digestive issues and i helped him put together a plan to try and kick it. Obviously it wasnt the case or at least it wasnt the main cause of his issues going on at the time but it looks like it goes full circle here

So yeah, thats whats going on. Its not debilitating or anything like that, i think i caught it early. Im just an idiot for eating raw fish once to twice a day for like the last 9-10 months. You know.. the "it will never happen to you thing"

Hey Guys, thanks for your concern. Yeah so long story short, I've been feeling like shit. Horrible insomnia, loss of appetite (one of the reasons i started eating more and more sushi grade tuna- its so easy to get down), headaches most of the day, weird cramping sensations on most muscles of the body- not during training but when getting off the couch or work chair, feeling dissociated and doing the fake interactions, still trying to train with an open Pro in his prime and get him ready for his contest season this year and feeling like i got hit by a bus all the time. One of the biggest things ive noticed is poor nervous system recovery. Some of this is age related (im 40) but the mercury definitely has played a roll because its gotten worse in the last fee months.

Now, i get plagued with bouts of insomnia periodically so it didnt hit me that "that" was a symptom initially. The appetite has been dwindling for the last 5 years anyway so that didnt appear to me to be a symptom. But the headaches, the cramping (despite playing with electrolytes and fluid intake) and feeling really beat up all the time- these symptoms started to build up in my mind. Then i noticed that most things besides my dog annoyed me which is weird because Im very easy going. I was getting labs done every month and nothing was appearing to be off or would describe the symptoms. On a hunch I decided to do some heavy metal testing, actually kind of praying that i had either lead or mercury poisoning because my next stop was going to be to go and see a cancer doctor.

So, needless to say, the fish is out of the diet now. I had reached out to some clinics that do chelation therapy but am waiting for them to get back to me. I bought Dr. Andy Cutler's book with his protocol but honestly, it seems too difficult to follow... Taking certain supplements in high doses, every 3 hours around the clock without breaks. Dom graciously shot me a text today and offered to help and i think im going to reach back out. The funny thing is, several years ago way before Dom knew it was mercury poisoning he reached out and we thought he was suffering from SIBO and some digestive issues and i helped him put together a plan to try and kick it. Obviously it wasnt the case or at least it wasnt the main cause of his issues going on at the time but it looks like it goes full circle here

So yeah, thats whats going on. Its not debilitating or anything like that, i think i caught it early. Im just an idiot for eating raw fish once to twice a day for like the last 9-10 months. You know.. the "it will never happen to you thing"
Thanks for sharing with the board.

I bolded two parts of your post that almost seem to contradict. You say you were eating sushi-grade tuna more often because of the lack of appetite - was that purely due to appetite deceasing as you've aged? With loss of appetite being one of you symptoms it almost sounds like something other than the tuna led to it or at least contributed.

Thanks for sharing with the board.

I bolded two parts of your post that almost seem to contradict. You say you were eating sushi-grade tuna more often because of the lack of appetite - was that purely due to appetite deceasing as you've aged? With loss of appetite being one of you symptoms it almost sounds like something other than the tuna led to it or at least contributed.
So think of it as a problem that i already had but continued to make worse overall without initially realizing i was making it worse with my choices. Ive experienced a decrease in appetite for the last 5 years in general. Over the last year in particular, to try and "solve" that problem and continue eating at a higher level, i found myself putting more and more raw fish meals into my plan (I make poke bowls), leading to more appetite loss. Put it this way, this is the first year that I have on given days decided not to eat my 6th meal due to appetite being shot and not believing in forcing food particularly as we age.

Good mention of Andy cutler, I had referenced him on this forum before and had some members dismiss him instantly as a quack because they do not believe in mercury toxicity possibly being caused by amalgam fillings 🫠 . But I’m glad we’re getting somewhere on the topic now experiences like yours are being discussed and taken seriously.

Good mention of Andy cutler, I had referenced him on this forum before and had some members dismiss him instantly as a quack because they do not believe in mercury toxicity possibly being caused by amalgam fillings 🫠 . But I’m glad we’re getting somewhere on the topic now experienced like yours have been talked abouty
Did you experience issues with mercury toxicity? And did you follow his plan? And i have to say that know just a little on this topic. I have done a lot of reading lately on this and several similar/related topics related to the amalgam fillings, metals in vaccines and household products, pharma and big biz hiding actual clinical data on adverse reactions etc. etc. I dont think doctors like him can be dismissed as quacks at all. there is lots of data to support his findings and he didnt seem like an outrageous guy trying to sell you things.

One thing that this seems to settle is the debate on heavy metals in the compounds we inject.

If the stuff we inject truly had so much heavy metals in them we'd have legions of bodybuilders with heavy metal toxicity - but we don't. The only cases we're seeing are directly tied to diet.

Diet is such a huge factor with heavy metals. Farmed fish and processed foods are the main culprits IMO. It’s just so easy to not think about these things. Especially with fish as it’s supposed to be “healthy” and the cleanest. I don’t deviate from Cod for this reason.

@berryswole I know you’re very knowledgeable with supplements and am sure you have mapped out a plan to start. Would you mind sharing what you’ve put together?

I’m sure you’re doing things like high dose chlorella, vitamin c and humic/fulvic acid as I know those are staples for heavy metals and mercury.

t
One thing that this seems to settle is the debate on heavy metals in the compounds we inject.

If the stuff we inject truly had so much heavy metals in them we'd have legions of bodybuilders with heavy metal toxicity - but we don't. The only cases we're seeing are directly tied to diet.
thats a good point though im sure some products are worse than others depending on where the raws are coming from

Diet is such a huge factor with heavy metals. Farmed fish and processed foods are the main culprits IMO. It’s just so easy to not think about these things. Especially with fish as it’s supposed to be “healthy” and the cleanest. I don’t deviate from Cod for this reason.

@berryswole I know you’re very knowledgeable with supplements and am sure you have mapped out a plan to start. Would you mind sharing what you’ve put together?

I’m sure you’re doing things like high dose chlorella, vitamin c and humic/fulvic acid as I know those are staples for heavy metals and mercury.
Im not ready to list out my plan yet. still gathering info. Its hard to find the time to worry about my own programming and health. i literally sit at the computer all day minus 2-3 hours out of the house for the gym. i want to consult some other sources first.

Have me nervous now . Have been eating two cans of tuna with Rice for a few months because it's cheap. I'm guessing it would take more then that though but not sure.

I know someone with eerily similar symptoms.

Any specific heavy metal test you or anyone else wants to recommend?

I know someone with eerily similar symptoms.

Any specific heavy metal test you or anyone else wants to recommend?
I’ll answer since it was asked earlier. You can order blood and a 24 hour urine test through Ulta Labs to measure your levels.

So yeah, thats whats going on. It’s not debilitating or anything like that, i think i caught it early. Im just an idiot for eating raw fish once to twice a day for like the last 9-10 months. You know.. the "it will never happen to you thing"
Thanks for participating.

Great to have your body and your brain onboard here. Hope you have the time to stick around.

Have me nervous now . Have been eating two cans of tuna with Rice for a few months because it's cheap. I'm guessing it would take more then that though but not sure.
Stop now.

If you don't have symptoms like Berry mentioned then you likely are fine. You can always do testing to be sure.

Two cans of tuna a week for months is fine. Two cans of tuna a day for months is not fine.

At the 14:00 mark Wesley talks about having mercury levels 25 times higher than normal by eating too much tuna. He mentions cilantro and chlorella brought his levels back into normal range along with not eating anymore tuna

Edit: he said parsley not cilantro but cilantro seems to work as well

Stop now.

If you don't have symptoms like Berry mentioned then you likely are fine. You can always do testing to be sure.

Two cans of tuna a week for months is fine. Two cans of tuna a day for months is not fine.
Yeah, I've been on a tuna kick for a while, having a couple packets or can at least a few days per week, and this has me feeling a bit paranoid...I'm on the verge of grabbing a bottle of NOW Chlorella on Amazon at the moment, haha.

Yeah, I've been on a tuna kick for a while, having a couple packets or can at least a few days per week, and this has me feeling a bit paranoid...I'm on the verge of grabbing a bottle of NOW Chlorella on Amazon at the moment, haha.
It takes a LOT to get mercury poisoning. Most guys here likely aren’t eating anywhere close to what Andrew is.

Read his post again as to how long he was eating that way and how much. He exhausted every other option first.

But order you a test, go to Quest tomorrow and even take some Chlorella if you’re that paranoid. But it’s very unlikely that guys here have mercury poisoning.

Let’s see how many guys go get their levels tested now after this thread. lol

Since this will likely end up as a resource thread for guys I'm posting Jason Huh's interview with Dave Palumbo. I've started it where he talks his mercury poisoning caused by Chilean sea bass. He goes into great detail on mental symptoms, physical symptoms, testing, and treatment.

Is there a risk with salmon? 95% of the sushi I eat is salmon and we all know I eat a lot of it…

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131