over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here with sleep apnea issues?

I tend to be a little claustrophic sometimes. Once in a while I feel like I'm going to suffocate if I *don't* yank the mask off. If I'm semi winded for some reason when I first it on I feel like I have to breath thru my mouth to get enough air in. My pressure setting is very high and a ton of air is coming thru the tube so this is actually all in my head. It may help to put the mask on and sit up in bed for a minutes before attempting to sleep. Get acclimated to having it on.

If your mouth falls open at night you might try a boil & bite mouthguard; think of your high school football mouthpiece.

I also take ZMA and 5mg melatonin before bed.

If you have sinus issues search for cpap wafers. I put a little lavender or eucalyptus oil (stronger) on one and put it next to the cpap air intake.

If you buy a used machine you can get into the Provider mode on most of them. This is where you can change the pressure setting or better yet, set it to auto-trial mode. The machine will constantly adjust to your needs thru the night. Once the trial is over, usually 7-30 days, it will set it itself to 90% of the average pressure during the trial.

Sitting up with it on at first and it being night #2 definitely helped. Also making sure the mask was tighter/less air was escaping decreased the uncomfortable level of air flow.

I put mine on the auto regulated setting that adjusts to your breathing

Night number two I could keep the mask on the whole night. I had to piss once or twice so I had to take it off but other than that I'm fine with sleeping with it on. I was able to get out of bed WAYYYY more easily this morning too. My eyes are a little dry I think from the mask pushing up and/or air escaping into them. We'll see how I feel today...

I thought I had posted on this thread before. I'm age 53, 5'8, 280lbs, with a lot of belly fat. I look like a guy who used to lift a lot. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in March 2013. Before then I was getting tired a lot in the afternoons and blaming it on the carbs I had with lunch. No training much because I didn't have the energy for it. I once dozed off on the way home in LA traffic. I woke up probably 30-45 seconds later cars whizzing by, lucky nobody t-boned me. I also have high BP, which I'm on Benazepril and a diuretic for.

I had an in lab sleep test done. For the uneducated your AHI number is essentially the avg number of times you wake up per hour because you stopped breathing. Normal is < 5. Mine was *92*....not a typo....92. Do the math, that means essentially I was waking up every 40 seconds all night every night.

The doc set me up with a Resmed PR System One CPAP. After the first few nights I felt like I could have done the Ironman. Two years later I was still averaging around 10-12 AHI, which is high but WAY better than before treatment. I went back a few times but advice-wise he was 100% useless. I got on some CPAP forums, tried about 10 different masks, used free software called Sleepyhead to track my numbers. Now my AHI is around 1.

GET THAT SHIT CHECKED! GET THAT SHIT CHECKED! GET THAT SHIT CHECKED! I feel like it saved my life. It's the equivalent of 2IU GH to me. I will never intentionally sleep without it again. I feel like it gives me super powers. Try different masks because my AHI can average 1-2 with one mask and closer to 7-8 with another.

I wake up with dry mouth sometimes so my mouth falls open sometimes. I tried a AirFit™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask which covers the nose and mouth; my AHI went up so I went back to a AirFit™ N20 Nasal that covers the nose only.

My machine is a DreamStation BiPAP Auto. I still have my old Resmed PR System One Auto CPAP which works fine if anyone is interested.

Ask me any questions.

Thanks for posting about your experience. I started this thread as i am pretty certain I have sleep apnea (heavy for my height, snore, etc).

I am just not sure what the next step would be. Is a sleep study really worth it (money wise)? (I dont live in the states). Go through a doctor or get a used one off craig's list on my next trip to the US?

Any recommendation?

Is the nasal only thing better than the mask?
I have only tried the mask.
Do you guys use the humidifier and do you get better sleep with it?

Haven't gotten any quality sleep last couple of months that's why I'm asking. :(

Thanks for posting about your experience. I started this thread as i am pretty certain I have sleep apnea (heavy for my height, snore, etc).

I am just not sure what the next step would be. Is a sleep study really worth it (money wise)? (I dont live in the states). Go through a doctor or get a used one off craig's list on my next trip to the US?

Any recommendation?
I went with a doctor because a) it was important and I wanted to get it right and b) I have insurance and I hoped to get a lot of it at reduced cost. Between the sleep study and a new machine you will spend close to $2K so the doctor route makes sense if you have met some of your deductible already. I didn't know what I'd get with a used machine. My insurance wouldn't cover an in-facility study but I did it anyway, fuck'em. They hook about 30 wires to you then tell you to sleep normally......yeah right.

You can do an in-home sleep study fairly cheap. This dude (actually the guy in the pic) offers them as his side business.

AXG Sleep Diagnostics LLC - Accurate, Affordable, and Convenient Sleep Study at Home

He also runs a Youtube Channel called TheLankyLefty where he reviews a lot of CPAP devices, and he has a forum called FreeCPAPadvice. No connection to him; I just like his info.

If you don't have insurance by all means look for a used one; just confirm it is one that lets you get into the Provider mode. That is the hidden menus where the doctor sets it up. It won't do you much good if you are stuck with someone else's settings. The steps for most are online if you search.

Over the years I have tried probably 10 masks. They need replacing every 6-9 months anyway so don't be afraid to experiment. There is no one size fits all.

If you get a good used device and set to trial mode for 30 days you will get 90% of what a sleep doctor can do for you. Mine was useless. When my AHI numbers were still 10-12 after two years all he said was keep using it and see what happens.

USED MACHINES
1. CPAP, APAP (usually cheaper) OR BI-PAP will not matter for most people unless you need a high pressure setting like me. A BI-PAP will let you set a bigger drop in incoming air pressure during exhale. A CPAP with a high pressure (15+) feels like someone is pointing a leaf blower right up your nose. APAPs do have a setting that drops pressure; you just won't have as much control over it. You don't want to the drop too large or your airway will close anyway, defeating the purpose. Avoid CPAPs because they don't auto adjust pressure (which is fine if you do a real sleep study). Get the best deal on APAP or Bi-PAP.

2. Get one that stores data on an SD card. That way you can import your sleep data into the free Sleepyhead software and track changes w/o a doc. I have my numbers for nearly every night going back 5 years now. Mine also uploads to DreamMapper software via Bluetooth but I'm not sure you can use that unless a doctor creates a Resmed account for you. Sleepyhead is much better anyway.

3. ALWAYS use distilled water in the reservoir, not tap. It will stay cleaner longer. Most the grime you see in the reservoir is actually the minerals in the water you put in it. It's < $1/gallon.....just do it.

4. Clean the tank and hoses AT LEAST once a week.

5. Try different masks. My numbers vary A LOT from mask to mask. I just returned a $150 mask that didn't work for me. (the seller offered 30 day insurance)

Watch the LankyLefty videos before you buy anything.

Is the nasal only thing better than the mask?
I have only tried the mask.
Do you guys use the humidifier and do you get better sleep with it?

Haven't gotten any quality sleep last couple of months that's why I'm asking. :(
Nasal only is more comfortable for most but if you breathe thru your mouth forcing air in thru your nose isn't doing anything for you. If you wake up with dry mouth then you likely are.

I use the humidifier all the time but it's more helpful for in the winter when the air dry, possibly from heater/AC. It is adjustable so I can just leave it on a medium setting and let it do it's thing. I'm also in a high humidity area.

I do not use a heated tube but it will help if you see condensation in the tubing or notice wetness on your pillow when you wake up.

Dial tone,

Thanks for the valuable info...

I do have insurance and so will go with my local caribbean doctor...

Also, if you have the funds, I recommend getting the "So Clean" mask sanitizer

How long did it take for you guys to feel better after starting? The next day... couple days... weeks?

Have sleep apnea bad. I forget the exact amount of sleep interruptions but remember I was told it is more on the severe level.
I initially bought a cpap on Craigslist. Hated it.
After a month of intermittent use I got the whole sleep study done and they gave me a new unit
Unfortunately I just can't seem to get used to it. Hated it due to comfort and vanity. At the time I had a very young gf and kept thinking how I must look in her eyes. Like some old man on life support. I'd wake up bloated with gas etc.
so now it sits in my garage. It's stupid not to use it I know.
I don't think I truly gave it enough time to get used to. Maybe I'll try it again. Idk.

I was considering trying a mouthguard. But see mixed reviews.

Have sleep apnea bad. I forget the exact amount of sleep interruptions but remember I was told it is more on the severe level.
After a month of intermittent use I got the whole sleep study done and they gave me a new unit
Unfortunately I just can't seem to get used to it. Hated it due to comfort and vanity. At the time I had a very young gf and kept thinking how I must look in her eyes. Like some old man on life support. I'd wake up bloated with gas etc.
I don't think I truly gave it enough time to get used to. Maybe I'll try it again. Idk.

You need a machine that automatically adjusts to your exhale... It stops blowing air in so there is not a constant in flow

Anyone have tips for the Respironics Dreamwear (nasal) mask?

I tried it last night but found it very uncomfortable. Sometimes it would choke me if I exhaled through my mouth, felt like the mask couldn't get a good seal on the nostrils etc... May have been a bad night but feel like I must be doing something wrong with all the great reviews.

I got approved for a sleep study from my Insurance. I will be getting one tomorrow night.

You can purchase CPAP machines without a prescription as well. Some places sell used ones for decent prices too.

I had a sleep study done and couldn’t sleep for the life of me... 30 minutes total. The Dr. said I only stopped breathing 4 times and he needed it to be more than that to get approved by insurance... too bad he couldn’t extrapolate that I would have MAYBE stopped breathing more than 4 turns if I slept more than 30 minutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really get what you're saying bro.
When I was living with my gf at the time I didn't go to the doctor to get it diagnosed just because I was thinking the exact same thing as you.
My sleep apnea was and probably still is really bad! Loud snoring, stopped breathing etc.
Used to wait until my gf fell asleep and then I'd go sleep on the couch sometimes,so I wouldn't wake her up.

When we broke up I went to the doctor, took a long timme to get the cpap, took a while to get used to it (wouldn't say that I'm used to it now either) but it really helps a lot.
Been single for a long time and to be honest I've been thinking about what to do if I ever get a gf.

One thing that helps a lot is earplugs. At least they cancel out the noise from it.

I really get what you're saying bro.
When I was living with my gf at the time I didn't go to the doctor to get it diagnosed just because I was thinking the exact same thing as you.
My sleep apnea was and probably still is really bad! Loud snoring, stopped breathing etc.
Used to wait until my gf fell asleep and then I'd go sleep on the couch sometimes,so I wouldn't wake her up.

When we broke up I went to the doctor, took a long timme to get the cpap, took a while to get used to it (wouldn't say that I'm used to it now either) but it really helps a lot.
Been single for a long time and to be honest I've been thinking about what to do if I ever get a gf.

One thing that helps a lot is earplugs. At least they cancel out the noise from it.

I've been seeing this girl and she kinda just laughed and made fun of my "gas mask" for a few minutes then was over it.... Been seing her for months though, I would use it with a girl I just met though.

Honestly, I really don't think its a big deal.

My Hat is off to anyone who uses a CPAP machine.
Used one for about 2 Weeks, like 15 years ago.
Keep waking-up, feeling like I was Drowning.

I did the Sleep Study, and it came back that my Oxygen was going down as I slept ~ I didn't Snore though ~ Diagnosis was Sleep Apnea.

So after the CPAP didn't work out.
I went to see my ENT, and he Scoped my Nose and did an MRI.
Turned out I had a Sinus Blockage.
Had the Surgery and have Slept great since.

So for all the Guys who have Sinus Issues and get diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, you may want to see an ENT............................ JP
P.S.
Had a Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty back in 74', after a Very Bad Car Accident ~ so wasn't thinking Sinus Blockage in the beginning.

My Hat is off to anyone who uses a CPAP machine.
Used one for about 2 Weeks, like 15 years ago.
Keep waking-up, feeling like I was Drowning.

I did the Sleep Study, and it came back that my Oxygen was going down as I slept ~ I didn't Snore though ~ Diagnosis was Sleep Apnea.

So after the CPAP didn't work out.
I went to see my ENT, and he Scoped my Nose and did an MRI.
Turned out I had a Sinus Blockage.
Had the Surgery and have Slept great since.

So for all the Guys who have Sinus Issues and get diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, you may want to see an ENT............................ JP
P.S.
Had a Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty back in 74', after a Very Bad Car Accident ~ so wasn't thinking Sinus Blockage in the beginning.

Have to look in to this! I'm sure I have sinus issues. Used to do martial arts, boxing etc. So my nose is probably in bad shape in general.
Should remove my tonsils as well. I think those things are the biggest issues for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131