over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding is The ULTIMATE Mind-Fuck!

ocd, body dismorphic disorder, self-obsession, narcissism...these are the mind fucks you speak of. i used to weigh myself twice a day, take measurments every day, look different in every mirror or window reflection...it sucked.
now, it's all different. i havent even weighed myself in 2 months.
i let it go, and i feel alot freer now, if that makes sense.

The only sport where you are too fat and too skinny at the SAME TIME!

I'm getting better, but I feel your pain. I feel like a 13 year old girl sometimes.

The 10-15 pounds I've gained the week after a competition (or now a fight) always messed with my head. But it's worth it to finally eat salt, fat and carbs again. Just keep saying its all water and you'll be ok.

I kind of enjoy the little tweaks of your diet and training that come from freaking out when getting ready.

I spend a lot f time on my looks... the reason why I take steroids are because I want to look better than the average men out there

I workout to look good to be honest, I don't pursue that being a monster shit, I'm a tall dude, I don't have that ego

I don't give a fuck about strenght either. Useless ! I mean to a point that makes my muscles grow but I wouldn't get upset if I can't bench 3 or 4 plates each side

I have become less and less obsessed as time has gone on because I am trying to be more at peace in my life and I am trying to appreciate what I have accomplished already instead of always wanting more. I still have drive, but I don't let it become negative. Being fully dedicated and obsessed with your goal is great, but it becomes a negative when I mentally feel bad about it. Being happy is my main concern when doing anything, so I now question something if it is making me upset or unhappy.

I do know what you are saying though, some days I look in the mirror and am not ecstatic with what I see because of a very minor tweak, but I don't let it get to me anymore.

Part of why I try to think this way is because nothing lasts forever... we are all getting older and one day we will be at a point where we can only start looking worse. I don't want that time to be a devastating thing for me.

Good responses in this thread, this is something that we all go through on a daily basis..

if you compete it will be worse exponentially. walk in the locker room under this light and damn i look good. walk in dumbbell area under poor light and you look like a skinny fat man and you don't want to show up on contest day.

add in the fact that everyone who has won nothing will try to tell you up this, decrease that, do more here, dont do that, eat this eat that, blah fucking blah.

the final 2 weeks you (or at least I) feel like gouging my eyes and ears out so i cant look at myself or have to digest the verbal feces that comes out of people's mouths

BNS, I totally feel you on this one. And, I have by far one of the best prep coaches (Shelby). And yet I still go through the self doubt... if you check out my last post on my log, I talk about this exactly.
After I've been on no carbs all week I look ripped and vascular, but at that same time I feel weak in the gym and small. Once I have my weekly cheat, I'm full and strong again, but then I'm upset because I don't look as ripped. The only thing you can do is just keep trucking along and be and do your best. Luckily if I need it, like I did this weekend, I have Shelby to steer me in the right direction and put my mind at ease.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131