over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

From bodybuilding to boxing

I started MA as a source of fun cardio. Trained krav, jitz, muay thia for about 10 years total, not the best at it but have trained with some guys that made it to the ufc. I cannot train MA anymore as I am on blood thinners but man when I did I loved that shit!

Evening sir, pardon my ignorance but what do the thinners have to do with training?

Assume your talking bleeding/lacerations mate even in a camp prepping for a fight I very rarely bleed. Even in camp I think I’ve only been cut 2-3 times.

I'm not really sure what the OPs personal goals are or the purpose of the thread ? But I've bounced back and forth from bodybuilding, powerlfting style work , to mma and boxing, catch wrestling, and back now. All I can say is genetics , genetics , genetics will dictate all. You may keep the majority if your looks and aesthetics and be able to get good cardio , VO2 max and movement , or you'll drop a lot of muscle in trade of all that. There are fighters with BBing physiques that don't train for hypertrophy and there are most that don't. There's the Paolo Costas and there's the Anderson silvas out there .

Evening sir, pardon my ignorance but what do the thinners have to do with training?

Assume your talking bleeding/lacerations mate even in a camp prepping for a fight I very rarely bleed. Even in camp I think I’ve only been cut 2-3 times.
There’s a bit of a death risk with a brain bleed if you get seriously whacked

There’s a bit of a death risk with a brain bleed if you get seriously whacked

That’s a fair concern - Jesus never considered that. Appreciate you dropping some wisdom.

That’s a fair concern - Jesus never considered that. Appreciate you dropping some wisdom.
To be fair probably a very minor concern until you’re sparring advanced guys, or get into it with some low rank belt who has farm boy strength but no control and just levels you.

But hey, they tell people on blood thinners not to ride bikes too

its not just your brain people tend to bleed easier and have more bruises on their body. I was told no more combat sports. When I did do it i have walked away with some pretty severe bruises that I didn't even know about until someone pointed them out and been hit in the face pretty hard. Not a lot but it did happen, currently anyone of those could send me to the grave. Sucks because I won an overall at a small reginal jitz contest and was a definite life highlight. I have heard of people just training without sparring or rolling but I think I would just get bored.

To be fair probably a very minor concern until you’re sparring advanced guys, or get into it with some low rank belt who has farm boy strength but no control and just levels you.

But hey, they tell people on blood thinners not to ride bikes too
@Virtuous ...serious question on blood thinners, women that take blood thinners, would their menstrual be longer? How would that work?

MS

When I decided to officially retire from BB last May, I began jiujitsu...which than led into wrestling and muay thai. Now I train all 3... It was incredibly hard for a while as I had A LOT of muscle. I started at 280, went to 260 stood there for a while, than held that until when I finally hit 240s earlier this year. Now I stay around 240s without trying. I dont train at all for hypertrophy. My cardio now is great, im able to spar 5 minute rounds MMA....It just took time. Having all that muscle was completely useless for fighting. I will be fighting for the first time before summer next year. Absolutely love it and healthiest ive been in a very long time.

When I decided to officially retire from BB last May, I began jiujitsu...which than led into wrestling and muay thai. Now I train all 3... It was incredibly hard for a while as I had A LOT of muscle. I started at 280, went to 260 stood there for a while, than held that until when I finally hit 240s earlier this year. Now I stay around 240s without trying. I dont train at all for hypertrophy. My cardio now is great, im able to spar 5 minute rounds MMA....It just took time. Having all that muscle was completely useless for fighting. I will be fighting for the first time before summer next year. Absolutely love it and healthiest ive been in a very long time.
How many times per week do you still lift weights or strenght training?

@Virtuous ...serious question on blood thinners, women that take blood thinners, would their menstrual be longer? How would that work?

MS
To give a serious answer to a hilarious question, yes.

While individual experience may vary, women using blood thinners broadly experience a menstrual period that’s ~10-20% longer and experience higher rates of menorrhagia, which is a horrifying word lmao

How many times per week do you still lift weights or strenght training?
1-2x per week, nothing crazy. Just enough to keep my joints and ligaments strong. When I begin my camp ill be working with an S&C coach so itll be 2-3x.

Oh harro - It’s been a while since we chatted mate hope your crushing it and life is treating you kindly.

100% go for it. Do you know what gym he fights out of?

I would highly suggest getting into it. I’ve tipped my hat at nearly every style/technique offered and Muay Thai seemed to be the best fit for me primarily due to real world application and the community.

Community with this group is very different than traditional mma. Very welcoming and loving.

Lots of guys going to Thailand every year a bit more of a kindred spirit type of group. What have you been up to mate?
What’s up brother!? I just started a prep for next springs shows with a daughter on the way too. Yea the community is cool he took pics with the guy he beat who put him on the ground for like 45 min win leg strike to same spot all fight. I was like “fuck those guys we aren’t taking pics with them”. But his coach is/was a ufc fighter and it’s all a big circle. I’m doin it here and there poorly, I have an aptitude for kicking which is tripping them out bc I’m over 250 and I can kick his jaw he’s 6’2 I’m 5’7 so it’s all super encouraging but they dismantle me in sparring. I do think it’s my next thing along with getting back into running in the Coros I loved 5Ks-marathons which I’ve missed. How’s life with you? I’ll PM his gym info.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131