over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How i made my best gains!!

I really like the push/pull/legs split. I am a fan of the three days a week, doing every other day. That is the first routine that I made ANY gains on.

A few years back, when I was trying to bulk up, I decided to ad a shake after most meals. My theory was that many meals were low protein for my goals, anyway. A plate of spaghetti for lunch did not have enough, so I would do a shake after. I did not feel it would be cost effective to have one with meals that included red meat or high protein.

I agree with the OP on both points. Good advice for many of us. I am sure that this has been done before, but maybe this thread could be used for some more experienced guys to tell what they changed or added that helped spark their "best gains.".

...BigA covers ALL of what was mentioned by the OP in the beginners forum sticky, "growth principles for beginners." from 2002

eg. 3x per week...similar exercise set up, reps,

adding the protein drink to each meal, shooting for 500g protein a day.

...it's basically what I'm doing now and logging in my journal.

ANNNNND yes, good results! Simple, easy to follow principles that work!

Gratz on the results OP! :cool:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1158-growth-principles-beginners.html

im pretty hesitant to only training 3x a week with that little volume... but then again i havent been gaining much lately.... maybe i should just go for it, who knows?
I just love being in the gym so this is gonna be hard

I train 3x per week out of necessity but like it. I eat 3.5lb log meat let day so should be covered with protein but try to get a little leuicine with meals when I remember. Glad your getting good gains

Log meat? Is that a gay thing?
Jk. That's a lot of protein like near 600 I'm guessing

I have done the add a shake to every meal or 24oz of milk. I do make gains but stall out at a certain point and start to add too much fat(with the milk) or am sick of being bloated from all the shakes in addition to regular meals. Great plateau buster thought for sure.

If you are going to do the shake with every meal please for your sake and everyone around you please get a QUALITY whey from some one like TP or Synthetek. The air around you will thank you!

im pretty hesitant to only training 3x a week with that little volume... but then again i havent been gaining much lately.... maybe i should just go for it, who knows?

Dexter Jackson couldnt get bigger by training 4 or 5 days a week until he went to a 3 day per week routine and that got him the size he needed.

Thanks for the motivation to get my ass going in the eating dept.

Dexter Jackson couldnt get bigger by training 4 or 5 days a week until he went to a 3 day per week routine and that got him the size he needed.

Thx bro. Had my first low volume workout today. Done quick. Feels easier than what I'm used to. Are u supposed to go beyond failure? Just went to positive failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do push pull legs, 3 times a week.
i dont ever go below 8 reps for upper, i do 15-20 for lower, im on 200wk biotech test cyp, and havent lost anything from when i was doing 4/5 days, heavy weights, and 500-750 test. course that was underdosed shit
i do whey with every meal, too. i get 20g extra and its alot easier than having to eat more. eating's a bitch.
as far as 500g protein a day, i see no need for that at all.
thats what, 300 pounds in a year. i cant see people needing 300 pounds of protein to add 10 pounds of muscle tissue. i do 250 a day and im still as big as before, just leaner.

No it wasnt the gear. There were two big variables i changed this year. I only lift 3x a week. Yes i know thats hard for some people to do, because they dont feel like they're growing unless they're in the gym. You grow when you rest and feed that muscle when its rebuilding. The second is i added a protien shake to every meal. Im sure i could have just ate more meat and gotten my protein that way but lets face it, not all of us can sit around all day preparing food and eating. Just get the calories in the best you can! I just thought id share....its not always the drugs that make the most pronounced changes. The vets and big boys know this, but ifigured it was worth saying to those who aren't making the advancements they'd hope for or to anybody whose new to bodybuilding. I know this is PROFESSIONAL muscle and all of this is basic info but it seems as though there has been an increase in newbees and felt this was worth saying.

I always seem to make the best gains when I have 3-4 very intense, heavy work-outs a week as well.

Training to failure and heavy weights NEVER fails to induce growth/strength for me as long as I'm taking in enough protein.

I do what you're talking about, and to me, it's more rewarding to maybe have to wait 5 days or so before you can hit that muscle group, and see that your adding reps and weight to all your lifts, rather than going for less intensity and more frequent work-outs.

I train 3X per week as well. heavy, one day cardio.
its working for me. A changed from how I used to workout.
I am happy for now.

This is my problem too. I would love to train every day but that's obviously not the best way to grow and make progress.

Log meat? Is that a gay thing?
Jk. That's a lot of protein like near 600 I'm guessing

Auto correct lol. About 400 protein most days. I go by raw weight on meat not cooked. Im a high carb guy so see no need for more than 400 protein. That aid I tend to snack on low fat cottage cheese when in hungry so goes a little higher sometimes

I aim for 3 days/week, chest/back/legs, but if I get the chance I'll do a light shoulder day and a quick arm day

Work might dictate I don't see a gym for 3 weeks straight, so I get in when I can, but agree 3 days is best

I could see how this would work if youre a veteran with a solid base and lots of muscle memory etc. Might be something i adapt to once i have a child.

This is my problem too. I would love to train every day but that's obviously not the best way to grow and make progress.

you obviously carry more muscle than me, so you must be doing something right man.

anyway, i started doing this routine last week; it feels nice to have some extra rest days.
Workout itself is over in 45 minutes tops if i do some extra warmup sets. But i add 30mins of light cardio after each session so i end up being in the gym for about an hour and a half. Feels OK.

Now just gotta wait and see how this will treat me.

Something completely new, it feels kind of refreshing though.

No it wasnt the gear. There were two big variables i changed this year. I only lift 3x a week. Yes i know thats hard for some people to do, because they dont feel like they're growing unless they're in the gym. You grow when you rest and feed that muscle when its rebuilding. The second is i added a protien shake to every meal. Im sure i could have just ate more meat and gotten my protein that way but lets face it, not all of us can sit around all day preparing food and eating. Just get the calories in the best you can! I just thought id share....its not always the drugs that make the most pronounced changes. The vets and big boys know this, but ifigured it was worth saying to those who aren't making the advancements they'd hope for or to anybody whose new to bodybuilding. I know this is PROFESSIONAL muscle and all of this is basic info but it seems as though there has been an increase in newbees and felt this was worth saying.

Dont doubt these claims for a second. Increased rest + protein makes a huge difference. Nice to see diet/recuperation touted over drugs! I always try to tell younger guys IRL if you really focus on your diet and get in all your macros every single day, consistently, you will grow better than using more gear and people look at me like I'm trying to lie to them or BS them. It's funny. I felt the same way until I was about 28-30. Some things you just learn the hard way. As we get older, more rest is HUGE for recovery and growth too. Is it true that you are only as big as your dose, yes. But you will not make the gains possible with higher doses if your food intake is on par. Most people do not eat near enough to validate their dosages. Its a challenge for me to get food in when I am in a growth phase every single time.

Last edited:
this is a good thread although first part older but still good to reread what works but Ive tried to gain muscle or just any kind of weight by upping cals . it didn't work to way I thought I have super fast metabolism just got slightly puffy and some water weight. point is over the past few months went back to my normal ways eating clean I added certain meals but besides that also added protein shakes 2 of them I like to blend them with half a cup of icecream some milk I got really good gains . I ran out of protein and seemed gains have slowed . there really has to be something to the shakes added and this made me realize it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws