mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you use insulin while cutting?

Eating a solid meal just before lifting is a sure-fire way to have a shitty workout.
Agreed. And I think former fattys jsut don’t get the amazing energy, pumps, ability to train hard.

I get sleepy and feel like a sloth. I don’t go in depleted, that will fuck it up for sure.

Y’all remember I think it was John berardi…the pancake test? Wake up, immediately eat 3-4 pancakes with syrup. If you pass the fuck out, no pre workout carbs for you. If you get all energetic and sugar high…..you eat carbs pre workout.

Sounds silly, but I think he was onto something lol

Eating a solid meal just before lifting is a sure-fire way to have a shitty workout.
Agreed. And I think former fattys jsut don’t get the amazing energy, pumps, ability to train hard.

I get sleepy and feel like a sloth. I don’t go in depleted, that will fuck it up for sure.

Y’all remember I think it was John berardi…the pancake test? Wake up, immediately eat 3-4 pancakes with syrup. If you pass the fuck out, no pre workout carbs for you. If you get all energetic and sugar high…..you eat carbs pre workout.

Sounds silly, but I think he was onto something lol
It's certainly not traditional but eating a solid meal right before lifting can be done if your digestion is good and you don't try to inhale your meal as fast as possible. Samson Dauda and Iain Valliere regularly eat right before their workout - Dauda actually eats his meal in the gym and begins training as soon as he finishes. I've seen a surprising amount of superheavyweights, amateur and pro, who do it.

It's certainly not traditional but eating a solid meal right before lifting can be done if your digestion is good and you don't try to inhale your meal as fast as possible. Samson Dauda and Iain Valliere regularly eat right before their workout - Dauda actually eats his meal in the gym and begins training as soon as he finishes. I've seen a surprising amount of superheavyweights, amateur and pro, who do it.
I used to do it myself when I was younger and it was ok, now that I'm 35 nothing is as easy as it used to be

Advancing age is associated with reduced pepsin output. I can definitely say that my gastric acidity declined substantially over the last twenty years. Nowadays there's no way I can eat a solid meal just before lifting.
Aging sucks.

Would you still utilize insulin if using low dose dnp?
This is playing with fire man, I’ve gone hypo on 250mg dnp after pushing 10iu slin lol.

To be fair I was fasted, shot the slin and then didn’t start drinking my carb drink for 15 minutes, but I had to chug it to ward off dizzziness.

This is playing with fire man, I’ve gone hypo on 250mg dnp after pushing 10iu slin lol.

To be fair I was fasted, shot the slin and then didn’t start drinking my carb drink for 15 minutes, but I had to chug it to ward off dizzziness.

Using insulin while fasted is playing with fire..

dnp will elevate your blood glucose - not make you hypo, so I’m curious how the balance is struck between the two compounds for the purposes that we are pursuing

This has been my experience as well. Matter of fact - ate leftover filet, about 8 shrimp and a chicken thigh (much more food than normal) hour before my leg workout yesterday and had as much enduring intensity as I can remember. Historically, I've preferred a good solid meal an hour before heavy ass weights. I prefer the opposite for cardio.

Dauda, pre workout eats sweet potatoes and steak; how does he get energy having food on his stomach and also having an intra workout?

This never made sense to me to eat right before the gym. If your looking for an insulin spike there are better ways of going about that, if your looking for increased energy availability then maybe 2 hours before gym you have some easily digestive food like 0% nonfat Greek yogurt, some COR and a piece of fruit. Insulin spike maybe a rice crispy treat 20 min before workout, trust me this is more in line with what high level coaches do (at least the more intelligent ones). 😉

Using insulin while fasted is playing with fire..

dnp will elevate your blood glucose - not make you hypo, so I’m curious how the balance is struck between the two compounds for the purposes that we are pursuing

Really curious on @luki7788 ’s thoughts on this

Or anyone else who has particular insight on using insulin pre-workout while low dose dnp is active in one’s system

Really curious on @luki7788 ’s thoughts on this

Or anyone else who has particular insight on using insulin pre-workout while low dose dnp is active in one’s system
when I was using DNP I was also using insulin at the same time - insulin helps to burn fat tissue even faster but I will definitely not use DNP ever again

This never made sense to me to eat right before the gym. If your looking for an insulin spike there are better ways of going about that, if your looking for increased energy availability then maybe 2 hours before gym you have some easily digestive food like 0% nonfat Greek yogurt, some COR and a piece of fruit. Insulin spike maybe a rice crispy treat 20 min before workout, trust me this is more in line with what high level coaches do (at least the more intelligent ones). 😉
I stick with Meadows recommendation, quick digesting carb + fruit + lean protein. For me its usually rice + tuna/whey + berries about 2-3 hours before. Its just a regular ass meal that happens to be before the workout.

My preworkout meal is the smallest regardless of bulking or cutting. 1/4 cup cor amd 1tbs peanut butter, 2 whole eggs and a half cup egg whites. Leg day I add 1-2 pieces of toast. Hour later dose log then workout. Just enough food for energy for my workout and to cover some of the insulin but not enough to hinder performance or digestion

Agree. I always make sure I have 2 high carb meals in me before training especially if using slin so my situation is different. I've also trained fasted (no slin if course) and was fine. I try not to need the candy because then I have to subtract those carbs from my next meal ha
Slin immediately pre-WO before an intra-shake, or with the last meal before a workout?

when I was using DNP I was also using insulin at the same time - insulin helps to burn fat tissue even faster but I will definitely not use DNP ever again

How does insulin help burn fat tissue even faster?

I was under the impression that insulin halts fat loss?

Private message me your PayPal so I can send you like $5 for answering all my questions lol

IIRC Dr Mauro DiPasquale had a version of his "Anabolic diet" where you were supposed to eat thousands of carb rich calories during your workout (zero carb rest of the time). It was anything you could stomach, cakes, candy, drinks, fruit, everything Lol.

Didn't Scott Stevenson talk about drinking about 2K calories during your workout?

Does glutamine help prevent you from going hypo while using insulin?

I feel like I read that somewhere

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ThirdLegery Gregory
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner