advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you use insulin while cutting?

I currently take 20iu R pre-workout and 20iu Humalog post-workout. I'm on a diet, most carbs around training and the fat is going down nicely.... Of course I also take GH 3-4iu 4 times a day.

Once the fat reduction stops i will lower the carbs and insulin dose and continue on. I'm just at the beginning of the diet and the calories are still higher.

I currently take 20iu R pre-workout and 20iu Humalog post-workout. I'm on a diet, most carbs around training and the fat is going down nicely.... Of course I also take GH 3-4iu 4 times a day.

Once the fat reduction stops i will lower the carbs and insulin dose and continue on. I'm just at the beginning of the diet and the calories are still higher.
How many carbs are around this training and insulin window? how many carbs in daily diet total?

Quick note on Insulin, cutting or not, for those using it on a regular basis:
Site rotation is crucial.
This is important because using the same spots over time can cause lipodystrophy. In this condition, fat either breaks down or builds up under the skin, causing lumps or indentations that interfere with insulin absorption. You may never even notice them at all.
Lipodystrophy has been shown to affect ≥50% of insulin injecting patients so yeah, pretty damn common. Injecting into this abnormal tissue greatly increases insulin uptake variability, hence the “unexplained” nature of many blood glucose fluctuations.
Rotate, rotate, rotate.

Quick note on Insulin, cutting or not, for those using it on a regular basis:
Site rotation is crucial.
This is important because using the same spots over time can cause lipodystrophy. In this condition, fat either breaks down or builds up under the skin, causing lumps or indentations that interfere with insulin absorption. You may never even notice them at all.
Lipodystrophy has been shown to affect ≥50% of insulin injecting patients so yeah, pretty damn common. Injecting into this abnormal tissue greatly increases insulin uptake variability, hence the “unexplained” nature of many blood glucose fluctuations.
Rotate, rotate, rotate.

I pin it IM

Any studies in this method?

I pin it IM

Any studies in this method?
Yes, quite a few. The general consensus is that the desired tissue for insulin delivery is the subcutaneous fat because insulin absorption and action in the SC space are much more consistent than when it is delivered as an intramuscular injection.
Apparently IM injection leads to erratic uptake, slightly faster than SC injection at rest but variably and substantially increased with light or more intense exercise. This may increase the risk of hypoglycemia. It's not necessarily wrong "per se" but different.

Yes, quite a few. The general consensus is that the desired tissue for insulin delivery is the subcutaneous fat because insulin absorption and action in the SC space are much more consistent than when it is delivered as an intramuscular injection.
Apparently IM injection leads to erratic uptake, slightly faster than SC injection at rest but variably and substantially increased with light or more intense exercise. This may increase the risk of hypoglycemia. It's not necessarily wrong "per se" but different.
Most likely not the end of the world with Lantus (albeit it may still make some relatively minor difference).
With shorter acting slin this can easily become relevant in terms of pharmacokinetics and glycemic control, though.

So if I’m in an extreme calorie deficit, and am using insulin - which strongly inhibits muscle protein breakdowns AND lypolysis

Where are the calories that I’m burning coming from?

Sorry if that’s a dumb question, I’m lightweight retarded

So if I’m in an extreme calorie deficit, and am using insulin - which strongly inhibits muscle protein breakdowns AND lypolysis

It won’t prevent muscle protein breakdown or lipolysis.

It can inhibit those activities within constrained time frames, but it won’t change overall energy balance in a macro time frame.

I’ll use an extreme example: If it prevented those things, you could just administer insulin to someone with muscle wasting disease and it would solve the issue. It doesn’t, obviously.

It won’t prevent muscle protein breakdown or lipolysis.

It can inhibit those activities within constrained time frames, but it won’t change overall energy balance in a macro time frame.

I’ll use an extreme example: If it prevented those things, you could just administer insulin to someone with muscle wasting disease and it would solve the issue. It doesn’t, obviously.

but while its active, are calories not being burned?

thats obviously not the case.. but thats where im confused (again, lightweight retarded)

but while its active, are calories not being burned?

thats obviously not the case.. but thats where im confused (again, lightweight retarded)
Depends on the whole equation and the 1000 other variables at play but calories can be burned from both muscle tissue and fat

Well if you have $50 in your pocket and you wanted a $2 soda and chips from the store would you go to the ATM and get more money or would you use the money in your pocket?

When you eat carbohydrates and cause an insulin response your body isn't going to liberate fat for energy (go to the atm) it going to use the carbohydrates you just are and burn that available fuel first (money in pocket)
When your dieting and taking insulin you can bet your ass your eating SOME carbs with it so that is simply being burned while insulin levels are high, when they fall you will start liberating from fat stores again.

Well if you have $50 in your pocket and you wanted a $2 soda and chips from the store would you go to the ATM and get more money or would you use the money in your pocket?

When you eat carbohydrates and cause an insulin response your body isn't going to liberate fat for energy (go to the atm) it going to use the carbohydrates you just are and burn that available fuel first (money in pocket)
When your dieting and taking insulin you can bet your ass your eating SOME carbs with it so that is simply being burned while insulin levels are high, when they fall you will start liberating from fat stores again.
Yep. And to add to this, if you’re in a deficit, you’re going to burn through fat reserves once insulin abates.

Even with insulin present, it can’t magically offset calorie deficits, or you could theoretically do a 1,000 calorie daily intake of pure carbs with adequate insulin to cover that and not lose weight.

Of course, doing that in practice would result in drastic weight loss. I know I used an extreme example to convey the point but you get the picture.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws