over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin

preworkout and post workout, anything less then 15iu a shot is pointless to be honest. but work ur way up. use ed or 5x a week if u want real gains. the 3x a week i find u just keep full and u think ur growing.

humalog is way better then R in my opinion. way stronger and easier to get the timing down. but the question about shakes, dont use shakes, eat real food. have shakes handy full of sugar when ur new to insulin incase, ull probably almost go hypo a few times getting the feel for it.

be safe

Food is no where close to shakes during intra and post post workout. Why would you want to use carbs that need to be broken down when things like cyclic dextrins exist which clear extremely fast and don't bloat you?

You think people like John Meadows spend money and time on a bunch of intra shakes just for the taste or something?

Also, why would you take humulin R less than an hour before working out? Do you even understand how the insulin you're taking works? You guys seem to be giving out broscience advice you don't even understand. Just cause you do it and it hasn't backfired in your face, doesn't mean you're doing it right.

You getting fat on insulin probably just shows your inexperience with using the stuff. If you don't overuse carbs and you stay away from dietary fats, you don't get fat. Period.

Last edited:
Food is no where close to shakes during intra and post post workout. Why would you want to use carbs that need to be broken down when things like cyclic dextrins exist which clear extremely fast and don't bloat you?

You think people like John Meadows spend money and time on a bunch of intra shakes just for the taste or something?

Also, why would you take humulin R less than an hour before working out? Do you even understand how the insulin you're taking works? You guys seem to be giving out broscience advice you don't even understand. Just cause you do it and it hasn't backfired in your face, doesn't mean you're doing it right.

You getting fat on insulin probably just shows your inexperience with using the stuff. If you don't overuse carbs and you stay away from dietary fats, you don't get fat. Period.

Whats your thoughts on the use of coconut oil around insulin use..say log pre meal 1 and lin pre workout and log maybe 1 other meal??
Despite the info/benefits on coconut and its lauric acid and aid to fat burning/loss, im kindof thinking perhaps keep away from it on slin use days?/

Everyone makes too big of a deal about fat. Having it in your intra workout shakes would be stupid...but to be worried about a little healthy fat in meals while insulin is active is also silly. You just have to be mindful of taking in optimal carbs and not going completely overboard with that.

Yeah what Knight9 says is pretty much spot on. If you were min maxing to the extreme during the last 4 weeks of prep, dodge dietary fat. However, especially on a bulk, some healthy dietary fats thrown into the mix within reason aren't going to make you the michelin man. I respond extremely well to fats, and not having them present meant i didn't put on the weight like i could.

Each tablespoon of coconut oil is only 14g of fat. Not life-changing by any means.

Last edited:
Start with 10iu's preworkout. Inject Novolin-R or Humilin-R maybe 10 minutes before your workout. Start sipping your intra-workout drink you brought with you. It should have about 100 grams of carbs and 50 grams of protein. I use pineapple juice and egg whites. I wouldn't worry about starting lower, 10iu's is plenty low. I have never felt even slightly hypo using this protocol. You can work your dosage up from there. Later on you can start taking insulin with other meals as well if you want. I wouldn't take more than 30iu's at one time. Also, don't run any insulin without pharm GH unless you just want to get fat. You will not put on the quality muscle without legit GH. Most on this board will disagree with this; everyone thinks you will go hypo and die if you go over 10iu's lol. Just have carbs with you and you will be fine.

Possibly the worst advice I've seen on here.

Care to expand on that?

You said 10 minutes for humulin R

You recommend 10iu off the bat without considering other people's insulin sensitivity

You said generic hgh is useless

Your carb and protein sources are pretty lousy

You said 10 minutes for humulin R

You recommend 10iu off the bat without considering other people's insulin sensitivity

You said generic hgh is useless

Your carb and protein sources are pretty lousy

Yes, because I want it to peak post workout. I have seen many people start with 10iu's and never seen anyone go hypo following this protocol. You have to be an idiot to go hypo with 10ius.

Let me rephrase the part about generic hgh: if you gave me a lifetime supply of generic hgh I would throw it in the trash.

You can use whatever carb and protein sources you want as long as you get enough carbs and protein. I don't believe in using bullshit supplements like Karbo-whatever, and I don't use protein powder either. Pineapple juice is digested quickly. Just sip on it throughout the workout and you won't have to worry about going hypo, then have another protein/carb meal like rice and tilapia 30 minutes to an hour after training. I'm not sure why you think egg whites are a lousy protein source.

Nobody cares if you think something is lousy. People who actually understand what they're doing instead of using broscience based trial and error know the stuff what you're preaching is either inefficient, wrong or just dangerous for the inexperienced.

B-Boy just went pro and uses keifei. Lukas Duncan is just about on the national qualifier level and uses keifei. Tons and tons of IFBB pros use riptropins. Just cause you think something is garbage means absolutely nothing, especially since your opinion has no weight on this board. To us, you're just an uniformed gym rat spouting misinformation. Actually make intelligent posts with sound reasoning and people might listen. Or post pictures to actually show your physique is somewhat developed.

Of course 191aa generics aren't as good as pharm, but to say is doesn't work effectively when used at higher doses is a joke.

Geez this thread got rim racked! Reardan's advice isn't off at all, most if not all carb powders give me heartburn, pineapple juice is what I use to adjust bg..
I think the one 10-15 unit shot a day is pretty much spinning your wheels, unless a pump and glyco retention is all your after, real gains come with 15-20 units per meal and good quality CLEAN gh.
I don't even bother with pre-workout Slin per-say, I just pin with meals and they cover my blood sugar..I will say there is more than one way to run it, but I know my way works and many others do the same..My picture is up, I have nothing to hide;)

Have you tried highly branched cyclic dextrins like glycofuse, plazma or from TN? Highly unlikely to have any stomach or intestinal problems if you use enough water.

There are tons of ways to run insulin, but that doesn't mean they're always the best way. Of course you're not going to pack on slabs of muscle with preworkout slin alone, but if you're looking for the most effective route, its been beat to death on this board over and over. The method you use works, but does it work as well as properly timing your slin, gh, quality carbs and proteins? Probably not.

A lot of people on this board have used generic hgh and pharm hgh. If pharm HGH was really the end all of supplements, would all these generics still be flying off the shelves?

Why is pineapple juice not ideal? Because of its slow rate of digestion and low molecular weight, it isn't replenishing glycogen at a rate anywhere close to good carbs like highly branched cyclic dextrins or swedish oat starch (matt porter's blend) which are very well tolerated low gi, high molecular weight carb powders that mix well.

Egg whites do not digest at a rate that benefits your intraworkout window. You taking egg whites means they sit in your digestive track and draw blood while trying to be digested. Something hydrolyzed like hydro whey, hydro casein or peptopro is already broken down into proline rich peptides and di/tri peptides that are instantly absorbed in the intestine. You are providing yourself with ALL the amino acids you need instead of just leucine, valine and isoleucine which is what BCAA's are and they are available throughout your workout to be used by your insulin.

Highly branched cyclic dextrins and hydro casein+whey is insane at aiding recovery. Soreness no matter how heavy/intensely I lift is dramatically reduced to where it's no longer debilitating after heavy squats or deadlifts.

Last edited:
Geez this thread got rim racked! Reardan's advice isn't off at all, most if not all carb powders give me heartburn, pineapple juice is what I use to adjust bg..
I think the one 10-15 unit shot a day is pretty much spinning your wheels, unless a pump and glyco retention is all your after, real gains come with 15-20 units per meal and good quality CLEAN gh.
I don't even bother with pre-workout Slin per-say, I just pin with meals and they cover my blood sugar..I will say there is more than one way to run it, but I know my way works and many others do the same..My picture is up, I have nothing to hide;)

Okay, I'm usually a positive voice on this board, but what you and Rearden are promoting is bullshit. To come on here and say the things you said is reckless and actually could end up hurting someone very badly.

Suggesting someone to take 10iu's their 1st time? No need to use a fast-acting carb source such as karbolyn or dexrose? Taking 10-15 iu's daily is pointless? I pray that a new slin user completely disregards your poor advice.

And Jamez, sorry bro, but based on your pic, what you're doing isn't working well either. I wouldn't have even mentioned that, but you brought it up. Slin can be dangerous and should be taken with the proper precautions anytime someone uses it.

Nobody cares if you think something is lousy. People who actually understand what they're doing instead of using broscience based trial and error know the stuff what you're preaching is either inefficient, wrong or just dangerous for the inexperienced.

B-Boy just went pro and uses keifei. Lukas Duncan is just about on the national qualifier level and uses keifei. Tons and tons of IFBB pros use riptropins. Just cause you think something is garbage means absolutely nothing, especially since your opinion has no weight on this board. To us, you're just an uniformed gym rat spouting misinformation. Actually make intelligent posts with sound reasoning and people might listen. Or post pictures to actually show your physique is somewhat developed.

Of course 191aa generics aren't as good as pharm, but to say is doesn't work effectively when used at higher doses is a joke.

Lol I know for a fact one of those guys you mentioned happens to be getting a lot of freebies for promoting those generics... I also know he uses pharm GH as well. IFBB pros using riptropins? What a joke. They might tell you they use them so they can sell you some. I don't care what you do. If you want to keep being small and bloated knock yourself out. I'm talking about what works in reality.

Exactly. If you want to see real mass gains (like IFBB pro level) you're talking insulin in the 100's of iu's per day.

Why is pineapple juice not ideal? Because of its slow rate of digestion and low molecular weight, it isn't replenishing glycogen at a rate anywhere close to good carbs like highly branched cyclic dextrins or swedish oat starch (matt porter's blend) which are very well tolerated low gi, high molecular weight carb powders that mix well.

Egg whites do not digest at a rate that benefits your intraworkout window. You taking egg whites means they sit in your digestive track and draw blood while trying to be digested. Something hydrolyzed like hydro whey, hydro casein or peptopro is already broken down into proline rich peptides and di/tri peptides that are instantly absorbed in the intestine. You are providing yourself with ALL the amino acids you need instead of just leucine, valine and isoleucine which is what BCAA's are and they are available throughout your workout to be used by your insulin.

Highly branched cyclic dextrins and hydro casein+whey is insane at aiding recovery. Soreness no matter how heavy/intensely I lift is dramatically reduced to where it's no longer debilitating after heavy squats or deadlifts.

You're overthinking it. Just get in the carbs and protein and you will grow. If you want to blow your money on the supplements be my guest. You won't get any better results. You're just spouting off the talking points all the supplement companies use to get you to buy their crap. It's not as complicated as you want to make it.

Okay, I'm usually a positive voice on this board, but what you and Rearden are promoting is bullshit. To come on here and say the things you said is reckless and actually could end up hurting someone very badly.

Suggesting someone to take 10iu's their 1st time? No need to use a fast-acting carb source such as karbolyn or dexrose? Taking 10-15 iu's daily is pointless? I pray that a new slin user completely disregards your poor advice.

And Jamez, sorry bro, but based on your pic, what you're doing isn't working well either. I wouldn't have even mentioned that, but you brought it up. Slin can be dangerous and should be taken with the proper precautions anytime someone uses it.

If you really want to put on serious mass you need to work your way up to 60-100iu's+++ a day. 10iu's is nothing. You have to be an idiot to go hypo on 10iu's, I don't care what your insulin sensitivity is like. I could not eat anything and be fine on 10iu's. Insulin is not the boogie man people on this board make it out to be.

First off..NO WHERE did I say what I laid out if for a "first time user".
Secondly, my response is just what I do. I am not gonna get into an Internet pissing match with you two over not using carb powders or fruit juice to control blood surgar in the event of an issue. You obviously just have a problem with it cause I agreed with him.
Lastly, I think Slin should be avoided completely unless your a competitive BB and/or have no more avenues to increase your stage weight, it will turn your physique to shit if used wrong.
Where you found bad advice and "bullshit" in my post, I dunno?.. I am not even gonna go into insulin resistance and hgh doses that correlate with using that much Slin..good day bud, and thanks for liking my physique;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear