advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IPL World Cup Invitational (Sponsored by UKgear)

You've made some good progress. Its gonna be impressive in 13 weeks, especially with you being injury free. I've honestly never made it to a meet without at least one nagging injury. Keep it going. Hey I had one question? When you use the slingshot do you keep high reps to the blue and alternative heavy with red, or do you play with percentages to determine which sling you use?

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app
Thanks man! I'm pretty excited if I can just keep my tendinitis in check and avoid anything more serious I should be set up for a good meet.

As far as the slingshot goes I use the red one for both reps and heavy singles. Only because none of the ones at the gym fit me. So I just bought the red one at the Olympia a couple years ago from Mark Bell. He only had that one 3xl left so I lucked out.

Sponsored by Ukgear (www.ukanabol.cc)"

Thanks man! I'm pretty excited if I can just keep my tendinitis in check and avoid anything more serious I should be set up for a good meet.

As far as the slingshot goes I use the red one for both reps and heavy singles. Only because none of the ones at the gym fit me. So I just bought the red one at the Olympia a couple years ago from Mark Bell. He only had that one 3xl left so I lucked out.

I hVent read through the entire thread yet but where are your tendinitis issues? What are you doing to prevent/make them bearable

I hVent read through the entire thread yet but where are your tendinitis issues? What are you doing to prevent/make them bearable
My biceps and shoulders get pretty lit up mainly from squatting. It used to make it impossible to bench until it calmed down and it took several days. What I've worked on is mobility, body tempering my pecs, biceps and shoulders weekly so the position under the squat bar is good and comfortable. Lots of flossing. And Donnie Thompson's Bow Tie is an amazing tool. I'll throw it on throughout the day while doing stuff at work and keeps my scapula happy and keeps my pecs from getting too tight. I wear it on the way to the gym and I don't need to do much warm up to get in position.

Even with all that, it still hurts sometimes. But it's a lot better than it used to be.

Squats today and man it was rough. I decided I needed more volume above 500lbs. So the rest of this prep, I'm going to do 15 reps each workout above that. Of course it will go up in weight to about 685 for 3 reps two weeks out from the meet, but then 12 reps between that 505 and 685 that same day if that makes sense.
Work sets-
505x6, 505x5, 505x4. 2 minute rest periods. This is hard for a guy over 300. Lol
Leg Curls
Abs
Reverse Hypers.
Usually I'll just do singles after 405 for whatever my top set is. But this way I get more work at a higher intensity. It was really rough, but I made it happen. So this should be a fun way to do this. The back pumps from the Superdrol were not as bad today.

Didn't bench this week because my shoulders were really torn up from squatting. But went in today and hit some block pulls. Superdrol definitely helped me hit a solid PR. I pull from a 3in block which is my biggest sticking point in the deadlift. I'm fast and strong off of the floor and it carries me through that but this move takes the legs out of it for me.

Work sets- 515x1, 605x1, 700x1 for the personal record. Previous best was 675. If I had to guess, this puts my normal deadlift around the 730-740 range. Looking to build upon that as prep continues.
Hit some lat pulldowns, rope rows and side bends to round out the workout.

I'll be waving down the intensity on my deadlifts but getting some more reps in while I hope to keep pushing my bench further into the 400s.

Another thing, picked up some var for a buddy of mine from Viking and shipping was like he lived just across town.

Didn't bench this week because my shoulders were really torn up from squatting. But went in today and hit some block pulls. Superdrol definitely helped me hit a solid PR. I pull from a 3in block which is my biggest sticking point in the deadlift. I'm fast and strong off of the floor and it carries me through that but this move takes the legs out of it for me.

Work sets- 515x1, 605x1, 700x1 for the personal record. Previous best was 675. If I had to guess, this puts my normal deadlift around the 730-740 range. Looking to build upon that as prep continues.
Hit some lat pulldowns, rope rows and side bends to round out the workout.

I'll be waving down the intensity on my deadlifts but getting some more reps in while I hope to keep pushing my bench further into the 400s.

Another thing, picked up some var for a buddy of mine from Viking and shipping was like he lived just across town.

I told you I'm around... lol. It was the Aurum var,yes?

Bench Press tonight. Decided after warm ups that I'd get some volume in and not go over 365 to save my joints a little.
Work sets- 315x5, 365x5, 365x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5, 225x15.
Triceps Pushdowns and Face Pulls 10x10 each super setted back and forth. I'm gonna be sore as hell!

Running low on the Superdrol and it's making me really wanna push the next few workouts while I have it. So I'm squatting tomorrow and it might get stupid. Ha ha

And an update on my bodyweight with this Superdrol, test and deca from Solberg labs... I've gone from 322 to 306-309 most mornings. I didn't mean to cut down, my digestion hasn't been great and I link that to some stress I'm dealing with in my career. However, my strength and musclar endurance have both increased. People keep telling me I look bigger and leaner (which for a heavyweight powerlifter is rare). So I'm pleased as hell with it. And come meet time in April, I'll simply compete where I weigh in. No plans on cutting or bulking. Just be as strong as possible.

Did some high bar squats tonight. It became very clear that my quads are weak compared to my back and hips. And my arms and shoulders felt okay so I'll be doing these a lot more.
Work sets-
415x5, 465x3, 415x5, 415x5, 415x5.
Leg Press 4 sets
Leg Curls 4 sets
The back pumps were crazy tonight.

Did some more Bench tonight. Wide Grip this time.
Work sets-
315x6
315x6
375x6
375x6
Then some incline db press, lat pulldowns, face pulls, rope upright rows, rope curls and rope triceps pushdowns.
Insane pump here tonight and my joints are feeling good even after squatting yesterday. That's a HUGE deal to me. That deca is keeping me feeling good.

Squats today went pretty well.
SSB Squat this time and work sets were as follows-
425 4x5. And it pitched me forward hard every rep.
Did some leg press, GHRs and abs and had to split. I'm coaching at a new athletic training facility and the schedule has been a little wonky, but still getting all my lifting in.

When is the meet bro?
April 22nd. I'm really excited to see what I can hit if I stay healthy. Gonna start waving the weights back up in a couple weeks. Nothing crazy yet, but by the meet I'll have hit 660 in the gym with squats and pulling 715x2 from blocks. Bench I'm still just riding the wave, but I'm hoping I get 440ish on meet day.

Bench today. Didn't go as planned but not awful either. I went off the plan and I shouldn't have. Lesson learned.
Work sets-
315x2, 365x2, 405x0- my back slid towards my spotter when I pushed off my chest.
315 5x3
Face Pulls
Biceps
Triceps
Kinda feeling achy in my shoulders and biceps. That's what I get for going over 365. I need to start thinking about what I would tell my athletes rather than push myself harder. Being smart is what keeps you in the game.

Squat Day today. Decided after 505 I would throw my Inzer Power briefs on. These probably don't give me more than 20lbs but they help my hips stay healthy. Here's how it went today.
Duffalo Squat-
505x4 in outlaw wraps
Add briefs and overkill wraps
505x1
555x1
595x1
645x1

High Bar Duffalo Squat
325 3x6

Leg Press
3x10

GHRs
3 sets

Lats/Face Pulls

Over all a good session. Weight isn't moving as fast as it was with Superdrol, but it'll be that much better when I peak with it. Shoulders and biceps are feeling good right now.

Deadlifts today and everything hurts. It didn't go as planned but I have a light week planned next week.
495x2
585x2 I wanted 5 but it wasn't happening.

Leg Press
Lat Pulldowns
Single Leg RDL

I was talking to Viking and I'm gonna start including my girls workouts as well since she's competing at the same meet. She'll also be giving the Superdrol a try for peaking. She's had experience with var and Epistane and they've worked well. She took one of my SD tabs preworkout a bit ago and the weights flew up for her. She's got a 380 Squat, 185 Bench and 360 Deadlift. So with 5mg of Superdrol on workout days starting 4 weeks out, things should get crazy.

Bench Press today. Still feeling kinda grindy but I did what I needed to.
Work sets-
335 3x5 all reps paused.
Dead Press 315 3x1
Bamboo Bar 3x20
Flys, Rows, Triceps, biceps.

The gf hit-
Bench Press 170 3x3 with pause
145 6x4
Lat Pulldowns
Tate Press
Side Raises