over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is the gluten free dad diet trend over?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

I am seeing less and less craze for the gluten free diet among people who do not have Celiac disease thinking they can't tolerate gluten. It seems like the current fad is now intermittent fasting.

Do you see people in person and online doing the gluten free thing?

I feel like I'm not, people are now trying extreme fasting as the next magic thing

Atkins, ckd, vegitarian, vegan, Paleo, iifym, gluten free, organic, if, "dry extreme fasting" what will the next "great thing" be in your opinion?

Who the hell knows, anyone who needs a fad diet as a novelty to get in shape is a lost cause wasting their time…

My cousin just got back on his pretty much equating to starvation diet, he lost a bunch of weight, and lots of muscle, last time and looked like total shit most narrow shoulders I’ve ever seen on a fat 6’4 guy with huge gyno tits. Of course he gained it all back but for some reason in his mind it worked and he’s doing it again, looked at me like I had 3 heads when I tried to argue with him that it didn’t actually work if he gained all the weight back and lost bunch of muscle in the process 🤦🏻‍♂️

i recently made a post that i've gone gluten free.
waaaay less bloating and inflammation in my gut imo.
i used to think i couldnt eat pizza or pasta cuz the red sauce was acidic and burned my stomach.
not true. had a cauliflower crust pizza and zero issues.
i havent been able to drink beer for over a decade and its cuz the gluten. tears me up.
-F

Who the hell knows, anyone who needs a fad diet as a novelty to get in shape is a lost cause wasting their time…

My cousin just got back on his pretty much equating to starvation diet, he lost a bunch of weight, and lots of muscle, last time and looked like total shit most narrow shoulders I’ve ever seen on a fat 6’4 guy with huge gyno tits. Of course he gained it all back but for some reason in his mind it worked and he’s doing it again, looked at me like I had 3 heads when I tried to argue with him that it didn’t actually work if he gained all the weight back and lost bunch of muscle in the process 🤦🏻‍♂️
Agree with this. There are no secrets or short cuts in dieting. Calories in vs calories out, good nutritious food is better than junk. Lots of people looking to cash in selling the next fad.

lol, that reminds me I need to incorporate coke floats into my eating for a treat. some of the trends might say "omg a coke float". calories in vs calories out. If I put it in my fitness pal and my calories are still on point, won't add fat. just like if I eat 10,000 of the most wholesome bland food ill be a fatass in no time

as you guys can see im not for all these fad diets and prefer KISS

total calories metter
whole some foods are always preferable than junk, but its too many Toatal calories that make people fat

lol, that reminds me I need to incorporate coke floats into my eating for a treat. some of the trends might say "omg a coke float". calories in vs calories out. If I put it in my fitness pal and my calories are still on point, won't add fat. just like if I eat 10,000 of the most wholesome bland food ill be a fatass in no time

as you guys can see im not for all these fad diets and prefer KISS

total calories metter
whole some foods are always preferable than junk, but its too many Toatal calories that make people fat
Floats are the only things that are so simple , yet delicious

As long as you added a scoop of vanilla isolate , you counteract the calories lmao

never tried that, for me it was Diet Coke and the lowest calorie ice cream I could find (I think bryers, like 110 calories per serving).

never tried that, for me it was Diet Coke and the lowest calorie ice cream I could find (I think bryers, like 110 calories per serving).
Bro, you got to use root beer lol . Diet A & W float w/ vanilla whey isolate. Gluten free too lmao

Oh my friend, my impression is that you are too interested of what other people do and their dietary fads, I mean, who gives a shit?

Any diet system can be useful, people just have to research and find what best suits their interests and motivations: Gluten-free, Atkins, vegan, IF ... whatever they do, if they gain health and are in better shape, it is a step forward. But most will not put in the necessary effort.

Oh my friend, my impression is that you are too interested of what other people do and their dietary fads, I mean, who gives a shit?

Any diet system can be useful, people just have to research and find what best suits their interests and motivations: Gluten-free, Atkins, vegan, IF ... whatever they do, if they gain health and are in better shape, it is a step forward. But most will not put in the necessary effort.
The effort to overcomplicate something that is actually very simple?

If an obese person came to you wanting to lose weight, would you put them on Atkins, a gluten free diet, vegan diet....or simply teach them some basic math so they can create a defecit and educate them on healthy food choices?

These fads do not work as evidenced by the obesity epidemic. More people know what a ketone is, what 16/8 stands for, what stores have veggie burgers than know how many calories are in a gram of fat.

That makes about as much sense as teaching someone to write an email who doesn't know how to type.

I don’t have a gluten allergy. This is just an observation I made experimenting with different sources of carbs. If I’m eating a lot of food, i seem to digest gluten free more easily and quickly without bloat so I’m always hungry By my next meal. When I’m taking in less food, I include gluten because I seem to feel fuller longer between meals.

If an obese person came to you wanting to lose weight, would you put them on Atkins, a gluten free diet, vegan diet....or simply teach them some basic math so they can create a defecit and educate them on healthy food choices?

Most people don't want something complicated like using a scale and weighing food, so they are going to follow any kind of fad diet.

Look, this is like self-help or spiritual development courses and books, those of us who read and study philosophy we know it sucks, but those books sell for millions.

Laziness and fear are the fundamental characteristics of the being human.

Most people don't want something complicated like using a scale and weighing food, so they are going to follow any kind of fad diet.

Look, this is like self-help or spiritual development courses and books, those of us who read and study philosophy we know it sucks, but those books sell for millions.

Laziness and fear are the fundamental characteristics of the being human.

At work now on phone will be able to watch it later (just can't now). Sounds like your in agreement, that people fall for these fads because they precieve counting calories, weighing food, eating less as too difficult? So buying gluten free pizza and not eating carbs or meat are an easy cop out to say "hey atlesst I'm doing something". That would make sense.

I don’t have a gluten allergy. This is just an observation I made experimenting with different sources of carbs. If I’m eating a lot of food, i seem to digest gluten free more easily and quickly without bloat so I’m always hungry By my next meal. When I’m taking in less food, I include gluten because I seem to feel fuller longer between meals.
I do the same, change my food sources for satiety purposes just pay no attention to if things have gluten specifically. Do you think the fiber or lack of it contributes too?

I do the same, change my food sources for satiety purposes just pay no attention to if things have gluten specifically. Do you think the fiber or lack of it contributes too?
I include fiber in either phase and it doesn’t seem to have as big of an effect as the gluten does. I eat alot of raw cabbage because it the only leafy green that doesn’t spoil quickly. I take psyllium husk every day. brown rice digests the same for me as white rice so I don’t think fiber is much of a factor.

In regards to fiber, I think it has more of an effect on slowing down digestion when people don’t normally get enough fiber in their diet then they decide to add it for dieting satiety purposes.

Been gluten free for a while and feel loads better! Less bloat ,feel and look much better for it. Took some time to get used to but so glad i made the change. Have crohns disease and ibs but not celiacs. Have a read on leaky gut syndrome also. My ressons were health not some fad diet. As has been said theyre just stupid.

At work now on phone will be able to watch it later (just can't now). Sounds like your in agreement, that people fall for these fads because they precieve counting calories, weighing food, eating less as too difficult? So buying gluten free pizza and not eating carbs or meat are an easy cop out to say "hey atlesst I'm doing something". That would make sense.

Exactly, it seems easier to learn a couple of tricks, such as not eating dairy or gluten or doing AI than to study in depth about nutrition and carry out a well-structured plan.

Sometimes, for the average person, these tricks can go a long way and improve their health as long as they stick to a plan long enough, that is, for a lifetime.

But honestly, I think there are only 2 groups of individuals who take nutrition seriously and study it thoroughly: chronic patients (type diabetics, allergies, etc ...) and bodybuilders and people obsessed with performance and appearance.

The effort to overcomplicate something that is actually very simple?

These fads do not work as evidenced by the obesity epidemic. More people know what a ketone is, what 16/8 stands for, what stores have veggie burgers than know how many calories are in a gram of fat.

That makes about as much sense as teaching someone to write an email who doesn't know how to type.
I think this reason is why weight watchers always worked so well for the regular person. Just add up your points for the day.

Wheat is nasty, unfortunately. All the ground grains are pretty much. When you take a carbohydrate rich plant and grind it into powder the result is going to be practically sugar. When I diet, I consider bread candy, it tastes like candy to me. If you sprout a grain before grinding it to powder it seems to be a little better, but not much. I do eat a small amount of sprouted bread every day though. I also notice it doesn't digest that well.

I think a lot of people are much healthier without "gluten" even if they don't have celiac disease, which is probably why the gluten free diet was/is so popular, combine that with the war on carbohydrates that has been the 'new trend' in this millennia (a natural response to the 'war on fat' trend before it), and you have an easy diet fad. I think it was part of the process of learning about processed foods (bread is processed food) that were necessary, now people are a little more refined about diet, although still off the mark.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws