over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is the gluten free dad diet trend over?

I feel better when i avoid wheat. The type of wheat most people eat is different then what was around decades ago. Ancient wheat strain don't have the same effect of the modern modified grains. Wheat can cause inflammation even beyond celiac disease and gluten intolerance.

I think it probably had a positive net effect on the population, even if they did believe in some of the myths and exaggerations. Celiac certainly isn't a myth, though it is uncommon; most either had some other catch all digestive disorder and holding out on the bread helped. People are so used to feeling shitty after a meal, so they think it's a miracle when they don't get any bloating, lethargy, gas or the shits. we're so used to treating daily nutrition as pure hedonism, especially in the US, so just making slight adjustments, like not eating so much bread, can have profound effects on a person's physicality

Exactly, it seems easier to learn a couple of tricks, such as not eating dairy or gluten or doing AI than to study in depth about nutrition and carry out a well-structured plan.

Sometimes, for the average person, these tricks can go a long way and improve their health as long as they stick to a plan long enough, that is, for a lifetime.

But honestly, I think there are only 2 groups of individuals who take nutrition seriously and study it thoroughly: chronic patients (type diabetics, allergies, etc ...) and bodybuilders and people obsessed with performance and appearance.
AGREED. makes me think of the Atkins craze. eliminate carbs. kinda same thing w keto. I mean if u eliminate an entire macro, u should have a calorie reduction for sure. i think those 2 diets r soooooo not sustainable for "normal folks"

My General Manager struggles w weight and asked me my advice. shes about 5' 2" and 225 lbs. sedentary. i told her portion control and get a sense of what macros you are eating. like more protein than carbs and keep fats generally low. and add exercise.

of course she comes up w plan to do keto diet. dont think she lasted 3 days and then said "ive decided to just do portion control and exerecise" :rolleyes:

Other than my joking, I do believe these fad diets can have a place. The carnivore diet is one example. Many who have suffered autoimmune conditions all say it healed them. Also, when advanced , you have to keep it clean. Especially in bodybuilding, You'll never be hard and thin skinned simply counting calories from poptarts and donuts for the majority of your diet.

I'm simply against the business of the fads. Like "gluten" free , or "keto" snacks tricking the beginner into thinking now they can eat as much as they want simply because they're following a fad

because i share a stomach like HH, I got tested for celiac, I do not have it, i just bloat from everything lack of digestive enzymes ,fats are the hardest for me to digest , lack of lipase enzyme

because i share a stomach like HH, I got tested for celiac, I do not have it, i just bloat from everything lack of digestive enzymes ,fats are the hardest for me to digest , lack of lipase enzyme

Do you think stress from the past triggered this? You mentioned how you've been through a lot and no one talks about how it can damage the digestive system

I don't personally think stress affects digestion, I think sometimes doctors are like these fad diets, they are looking for these links where there are none. People often can't accept a simple solution or answer they need something more complex. I see it happening with digestion how it has happened with obesity

We have all these theories, drugs, fad diets, mental counseling, aimed to cure obesity and explain it. Like it's psychological and psychology can solve obesity.

When it's rather simple. When you eat too much and don't burn it off, you get fat.

Can stress cause digestion issues? Probably not imo. Can someone get on medication and then have digestive issues? Yes.

I posted this in another thread. It seems like the guys having digestion issues are taking medication for mental health. The link is obvious.

I don't personally think stress affects digestion, I think sometimes doctors are like these fad diets, they are looking for these links where there are none. People often can't accept a simple solution or answer they need something more complex. I see it happening with digestion how it has happened with obesity

We have all these theories, drugs, fad diets, mental counseling, aimed to cure obesity and explain it. Like it's psychological and psychology can solve obesity.

When it's rather simple. When you eat too much and don't burn it off, you get fat.

Can stress cause digestion issues? Probably not imo. Can someone get on medication and then have digestive issues? Yes.

I posted this in another thread. It seems like the guys having digestion issues are taking medication for mental health. The link is obvious.

Stress can 100% affect digestion bro. I'm going to have to disagree.When youre in a Parasympathetic state, your body can rest and digest Vs a sympathetic state which will stop digestion. Anxiety = sympathetic

Stress can 100% affect digestion bro. I'm going to have to disagree.When youre in a Parasympathetic state, your body can rest and digest Vs a sympathetic state which will stop digestion. Anxiety = sympathetic
But take this scenario

Someone has anxiety, they go to a doctor, get medicine (with known sides), then their digestion is bad.

Was it the anxiety or the medicine? Digestive issues are a known side effect of medication that's why some people take probiotics after medicine.

Look at the percentage of people now days who take medicine compared to the past, are we mentally or physically healthier than people 25 years ago? Do bodybuilders look better and see they healthier than guys 20 years ago? We sure do take more pills but it seems they are leaving people worse off, not better.

I feel like as a society we feel we need prescription drugs to function. We are teaching ourselves that we can not be normal without our pills.

But take this scenario

Someone has anxiety, they go to a doctor, get medicine (with known sides), then their digestion is bad.

Was it the anxiety or the medicine? Digestive issues are a known side effect of medication that's why some people take probiotics after medicine.

Look at the percentage of people now days who take medicine compared to the past, are we mentally or physically healthier than people 25 years ago? Do bodybuilders look better and see they healthier than guys 20 years ago? We sure do take more pills but it seems they are leaving people worse off, not better.

I feel like as a society we feel we need prescription drugs to function. We are teaching ourselves that we can not be normal without our pills.

Yes, those medications do have horrible sides, but I never mentioned them and not everyone with anxiety is on meds

There is an intention in complicating any ailment, that is more the need for experts who intervene and obtain public funding, more power for the institutions and the state and less for the individuals who are overwhelmed and incapacitated before a problem that they believe they cannot face. They don't want to empower anyone, on the contrary, those political messages are bullshit that no one should believe.

But obesity is not as easy to solve as eating less, people eat a lot and badly because they have pain, physical stress, bad sleep, etc ...

The best diet is the diet you can stick and adhere to! Don't care if it's gluten free, keto, carnivore, vegan....whatever! If you are able to adhere to it for a long length of time it's a great diet FOR YOU. Just because someone doesn't eat the way YOU EAT doesn't make it a fad. The normal population thinks us bodybuilder as gluttony pigs who force feed themselves to help their body dismorphia. Pretty much they think we are mental fucks.

Yes, those medications do have horrible sides, but I never mentioned them and not everyone with anxiety is on meds
That is true. But just from posting on forums I see a correlation between guys who have digestive issues often take prescription medication and use supplements heavily. Imagine being bulking at 5k force feeding calories and then adding 40 capsules to that and being on a couple hard core meds between guzzling coffee. That is a recipe to feel bloated all the time and have bowel issues.

If that person were to then blame their digestion on stress I'd tell them to look at the 3 other factors staring them in the face before they think they need another medication. It's not a signal from the brain it's all the stuff they are shoving down the hatch.

Most people have stress but don't have digestive problems. Everyone thinks their stress level is worse then every one else. If most people have digestive problems, then they aren't digestive problems, it's just how the body works, and they are probably a hypochondriac.

If most people are shy, then being shy is normal. If most people feel bloated eating 5000 clean calories, then it is normal to feel bloated eating 500O calories. No medicine needs to be taken the bloat just comes with the territory

If most people can't sleep 1 hour after drinking 24 oz of coffee, nothing is wrong with a guy who can't sleep after drinking 24 oz , coffee, no medicine is needed.

There is an intention in complicating any ailment, that is more the need for experts who intervene and obtain public funding, more power for the institutions and the state and less for the individuals who are overwhelmed and incapacitated before a problem that they believe they cannot face. They don't want to empower anyone, on the contrary, those political messages are bullshit that no one should believe.

But obesity is not as easy to solve as eating less, people eat a lot and badly because they have pain, physical stress, bad sleep, etc ...

I agree somewhat. Obesity is easy to solve if people would execute will power.

There is an easy solution to obesity, eat less.

If someone can't follow a simple plan that works, they can come up with a more complicated plan and hope it works, but to me that is an illogical way to solve a problem.

If Joe wants to build muscle there is a simple plan for him. Go to the gym and take juice.

If joe claims he can't afford a gym membership and is scared of needles, then a "guru" can craft him a complex less effective plan of using bands at home and taking creatine, beta alinine and tribulus

That doesn't prove that a simple plan wouldn't work, just that he passed on the simple plan that worked and is going to try a more complicated plan that won't work nearly as well

Gluten free is a bullshit fad making people rich. I used to work in restaurants. People ordering gf food while drinking beer. Wanna cure someone of a gluten allergy? Ask what they want in place of french fries due to cross contamination in the fryer. PRAISE JESUS I'M CURED!!!

Gluten free is a bullshit fad making people rich. I used to work in restaurants. People ordering gf food while drinking beer. Wanna cure someone of a gluten allergy? Ask what they want in place of french fries due to cross contamination in the fryer. PRAISE JESUS I'M CURED!!!

Fries with a side of cheesecake, bitch!

MasteroniPepperoni is spot on. Stress can 100% effect digestion. It's a massive factor because the nervous system and digestive system are closely connected. Of course medications could also have an effect but the effects stress have on the enteric nervous system are well known. You haven't noticed sudden changes in digestion or needing the toilet when feeling nervous or stressed? One of the first things that will happen when stressed is a decrease in blood flow and oxygen to the stomach which over time can lead to numerous issues from slow digestion, bloating, cramping and gut bacteria imbalances. The volume and types of food we eat are obviously huge factors in regards to gut health but stress is 100% up there and I bet many on here have gut issues because of it.

i cant eat sometimes cuz of my anxiety... if i am in my bad place w anxiety i will go days barely eating
not sure if its a digestion thing tho.
i just cant find the right thing to eat is what i think at the time. its bizarre.
fruit is almost always ok tho. its weird. and it sucks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131