over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is the gluten free dad diet trend over?

MasteroniPepperoni is spot on. Stress can 100% effect digestion. It's a massive factor because the nervous system and digestive system are closely connected. Of course medications could also have an effect but the effects stress have on the enteric nervous system are well known. You haven't noticed sudden changes in digestion or needing the toilet when feeling nervous or stressed? One of the first things that will happen when stressed is a decrease in blood flow and oxygen to the stomach which over time can lead to numerous issues from slow digestion, bloating, cramping and gut bacteria imbalances. The volume and types of food we eat are obviously huge factors in regards to gut health but stress is 100% up there and I bet many on here have gut issues because of it.

How would we explain then that we hear people say they can't eat when they are stressed/depressed, then others say they eat more and get fat when they are stressed/depressed?

I personally have never had digestion problems when stressed, I have had high blood pressure, poor sleep, fast heart rate, but my bowel movements are my bowel movements.

Conversely I have absolutely felt bloated when eating large volumes of food. If someone is eating large volumes of food, taking prescriptions for various reasons, and they are stressed, how can they make a statement that stress is causing their issues? The other 2 factors are proven things that affect digestion. So for them to say it is stress, to me this seems illogical.

If someone takes a new supplement, switched to a new laundry detergent, then gets a new cat....and break out in a rash, they wouldn't then conclude they are allergic to cats.

How would we explain then that we hear people say they can't eat when they are stressed/depressed, then others say they eat more and get fat when they are stressed/depressed?

I personally have never had digestion problems when stressed, I have had high blood pressure, poor sleep, fast heart rate, but my bowel movements are my bowel movements.

Conversely I have absolutely felt bloated when eating large volumes of food. If someone is eating large volumes of food, taking prescriptions for various reasons, and they are stressed, how can they make a statement that stress is causing their issues? The other 2 factors are proven things that affect digestion. So for them to say it is stress, to me this seems illogical.

If someone takes a new supplement, switched to a new laundry detergent, then gets a new cat....and break out in a rash, they wouldn't then conclude they are allergic to cats.

All that is besides the point though. No one is saying that large amounts of food or drugs are not causing stomach issues because they 100% are. All I am adding is that stress can play a big part in digestive issues and it can work in both ways. Obviously people need to use common sense and look at things logically. You posted "I don't personally think stress affects digestion" so I wanted to post why I think that is incorrect. I wasn't stating everything else you posted was incorrect because it's obviously true. The vast majority of people who have digestive issues are eating too much of the wrong foods. People who are overweight are eating a surplus of calories and it's as simple as that. Although gluten intolerance is a very real thing but I completely agree with some of your statements that some people use certain terms as an excuse and ignore the most obvious factors. I am not stating stress is causing everyone's issues that would be stupid but it's 100% real and it can have an effect on a lot of people. Add stress to the obvious factors (surplus of foods and foods they don't digest well) and you make a bad problem even worse.

All that is besides the point though. No one is saying that large amounts of food or drugs are not causing stomach issues because they 100% are. All I am adding is that stress can play a big part in digestive issues and it can work in both ways. Obviously people need to use common sense and look at things logically. You posted "I don't personally think stress affects digestion" so I wanted to post why I think that is incorrect. I wasn't stating everything else you posted was incorrect because it's obviously true. The vast majority of people who have digestive issues are eating too much of the wrong foods. People who are overweight are eating a surplus of calories and it's as simple as that. Although gluten intolerance is a very real thing but I completely agree with some of your statements that some people use certain terms as an excuse and ignore the most obvious factors. I am not stating stress is causing everyone's issues that would be stupid but it's 100% real and it can have an effect on a lot of people. Add stress to the obvious factors (surplus of foods and foods they don't digest well) and you make a bad problem even worse.

I agree for the most part. I think sometimes people want to blame things on certain factors so they don't have to admit to themselves that another factor is causing an issue.

For example say someone is a hypochondriac and likes to self diagnose themselves and go to the doctor and ask for a certain medication they researched (many people). They go to the doctor and get that medicine and then start to have poor digestion. They then try to find something else to Balme it on because they are already invested and sought out a medication and want it to cure the original problem.

Same with force feeding. if I have a goal to get huge and my method is to train hard and eat 5k calories. I start to have digestive issues so start looking into gluten free diets, blame it on dairy, or maybe its stress. Because I don't want to admit to myself my digestive problems are caused by the plan I created for myself and I don't want to either 1. accept them or 2. abandon my plan.

MasteroniPepperoni is spot on. Stress can 100% effect digestion. It's a massive factor because the nervous system and digestive system are closely connected. Of course medications could also have an effect but the effects stress have on the enteric nervous system are well known. You haven't noticed sudden changes in digestion or needing the toilet when feeling nervous or stressed? One of the first things that will happen when stressed is a decrease in blood flow and oxygen to the stomach which over time can lead to numerous issues from slow digestion, bloating, cramping and gut bacteria imbalances. The volume and types of food we eat are obviously huge factors in regards to gut health but stress is 100% up there and I bet many on here have gut issues because of it.

I have my moments... lol . Thank you

And I agree 100%. Its multifactorial. Stress can cause it for some , but not in @qbkilla case, yet it can cause severe issues for some. Others will suffer mainly from food intolerances, or overeating and unhealthy lifestyle in general .

i cant eat sometimes cuz of my anxiety... if i am in my bad place w anxiety i will go days barely eating
not sure if its a digestion thing tho.
i just cant find the right thing to eat is what i think at the time. its bizarre.
fruit is almost always ok tho. its weird. and it sucks.

I know what you mean. Food becomes something that feels almost "unnecessary" when having bad bouts of anxiety. Honestly believe it's the fight or flight response.

How is your anxiety these days ? @Fit2Serve

I agree for the most part. I think sometimes people want to blame things on certain factors so they don't have to admit to themselves that another factor is causing an issue.

For example say someone is a hypochondriac and likes to self diagnose themselves and go to the doctor and ask for a certain medication they researched (many people). They go to the doctor and get that medicine and then start to have poor digestion. They then try to find something else to Balme it on because they are already invested and sought out a medication and want it to cure the original problem.

Same with force feeding. if I have a goal to get huge and my method is to train hard and eat 5k calories. I start to have digestive issues so start looking into gluten free diets, blame it on dairy, or maybe its stress. Because I don't want to admit to myself my digestive problems are caused by the plan I created for myself and I don't want to either 1. accept them or 2. abandon my plan.

The thing is that I don't consider myself or anyone else a hypochondriac when trying to fix gut issues. Why ? Because it's an annoying problem we want to fix. I consider hypochondriac when someone thinks they're dying and constantly receiving every blood test, scan, check up, etc, constantly that it becomes delusional. You know what I mean?

Pushing calories upwards to over 3k can be unnecessary for some... unless the person is hungry, digesting well, barely gaining weight maybe losing. Like if you're starving after consuming 4k and aiming for 5k, you may push it. If you're bloated, full and not digesting after 4k , is it necessary to consume more?

Because people react in different ways to life events. Some people will not sleep the day before a competition or something like that, other people will sleep like baby.

To deal with stress, some people will eat a lot of garbage, others will go to drink or take drugs, other people, like many of us, deal with stress by exercising.

Do you think stress from the past triggered this? You mentioned how you've been through a lot and no one talks about how it can damage the digestive system
not root cause but can affect yes, I am slavic and grew up eating spicy mexican food + alcohol, wrong mix. genetics load the gun, lifstyle puls the trigger
stress can affect gastritis etc aftweards, it shoots acid up when we are tense and ptsd, i dont have reference to studies but theyre there.
stress may have caused bad diet, but I continued it, and stress triggers imposed bad choiceos along the way. I am A+ blood type

The thing is that I don't consider myself or anyone else a hypochondriac when trying to fix gut issues. Why ? Because it's an annoying problem we want to fix. I consider hypochondriac when someone thinks they're dying and constantly receiving every blood test, scan, check up, etc, constantly that it becomes delusional. You know what I mean?

Pushing calories upwards to over 3k can be unnecessary for some... unless the person is hungry, digesting well, barely gaining weight maybe losing. Like if you're starving after consuming 4k and aiming for 5k, you may push it. If you're bloated, full and not digesting after 4k , is it necessary to consume more?
I have some pics of me at 230lbs lean 5'9 eating 2k calories perday, i looked jacked but felt unhealthy. phil hernon has philosophy like this, he used to be a "demigod" here on this board lol. miss him, MP and JM posting

The best diet is the diet you can stick and adhere to! Don't care if it's gluten free, keto, carnivore, vegan....whatever! If you are able to adhere to it for a long length of time it's a great diet FOR YOU. Just because someone doesn't eat the way YOU EAT doesn't make it a fad. The normal population thinks us bodybuilder as gluttony pigs who force feed themselves to help their body dismorphia. Pretty much they think we are mental fucks.
this

All the diets out there work in some form or fashion. Problem is most folks stop after not seeing enough progress or once they reach their goal. Then they end up back to their original weight. Consistency is the key. Of course we live in a day an age where people expect IMMEDIATE results and want em yesterday too. Unfortunately that’s not reality.

It really is simple though. If you track your calories.

Cage

All the diets out there work in some form or fashion. Problem is most folks stop after not seeing enough progress or once they reach their goal. Then they end up back to their original weight. Consistency is the key. Of course we live in a day an age where people expect IMMEDIATE results and want em yesterday too. Unfortunately that’s not reality.

It really is simple though. If you track your calories.

Cage
The last part is what matters imo. Atkins, gluten free, keto, Paleo, none of these diets are going to help people lose weight unless they track their calories.

And If they eat the right amount of calories, no fad diet is needed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131