over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LANTUS to improve insulin sensitivity - "experiment"

now you have to find the ideal dose according to your nutrition and needs. That probably won't be easy.
Wouldn’t it be as easy as starting low and titrating to keep your blood glucose/a1c in a good range?

Wouldn’t it be as easy as starting low and titrating to keep your blood glucose/a1c in a good range?
yes of course... But that changes over time as we push the calories up. I'm not saying it can't be done. But it's not easy.

yes of course... But that changes over time as we push the calories up. I'm not saying it can't be done. But it's not easy.
If you own a glucometer I don’t exactly see how that’s difficult, but I guess we all perceive things differently.

If you own a glucometer I don’t exactly see how that’s difficult, but I guess we all perceive things differently.
apparently language barrier.... easy = meant time consuming and annoying....i only check morning glucose and of course Hba1c when i do bloods. Always fine, but running around all day with a glucometer is beyond me lol

You know who this guys reminds of , the guy In the bar scene in Good Will hunting , tries to impress the girl by regurgitating stuff he is reading out of a book and quickly gets put In his place by Will. Ok get back to your debate ..
I suppose it'd appear that way if you regarded yourself as wicked cool & smaht like Will Hunting. A difference here is that Hunting saw through the clear ruse of regurgitating Gordon Wood (i.e., plagiarism), but I doubt you are able to identify anything I've ever written that's plagiarised or bereft of my own thoughts, big guy. Besides that, the guy you refer to was at least motivated strongly by pussy, something that you don't ever give up on, but I gave up on trying to make friends on this board a while ago. You either like me or hate me, no two ways about it. At least we know where you stand: You're Casey Affleck's character, the big mouthed shit for brains.

I suppose it'd appear that way if you regarded yourself as wicked cool & smaht like Will Hunting. A difference here is that Hunting saw through the clear ruse of regurgitating Gordon Wood (i.e., plagiarism), but I doubt you are able to identify anything I've ever written that's plagiarised or bereft of my own thoughts, big guy. Besides that, the guy you refer to was at least motivated strongly by pussy, something that you don't ever give up on, but I gave up on trying to make friends on this board a while ago. You either like me or hate me, no two ways about it. At least we know where you stand: You're Casey Affleck's character, the big mouthed shit for brains.
Bro lmao , your gay .. go solve more Rubik’s cubes

Pardon the fact that this is my first post, I’ve been lurking and reading for a long time.
My son is T1D, so I’m very familiar with the actions of lantus and log on BG in someone who is dependent on it. I personally haven’t pushed my food intake to the point where I feel insulin is necessary, but the time will come and I want to do it the most effective way possible. As I think we all do.

In our case here I think we’re ultimately trying to find the best way to process all the carbs for as long as possible. In Luki’s case (or anyone who needs to be putting down 800+ carbs to continue to make progress) there’s really 4 possible options –
1. Do nothing - let the body and pancreas handle what you give it. Obviously this will lead to insulin resistance and a time in caloric deficit will be needed to recover sensitivity.

2.GLAs – Berberine, metformin, etc. Long track record of delaying the inevitable insulin resistance. Some don’t tolerate it well, as stated above. Do GLAs actually help process carbs more efficiently? Are we really making better progress because of them? Might be individual. Regardless they can help us stay in a surplus longer than option 1.

3.Exogenous fast acting insulin - clear benefit for getting more bricks to the muscles at big meals/high days. Does it help build more, longer? Or just build more, until resistance sets in?

4.Exogenous long acting insulin(lantus) – definite IGF benefits. Gets more bricks to muscles on high days. Does it delay inevitable resistance? Or is it accelerating resistance?

(5.) Some combo of 3 and 4

Insulin resistance is going to come if we’re in a prolonged surplus, as a matter of course. The actions of exogenous insulin promote insulin resistance, as a matter of course. But what combinations and amounts of caloric surplus and exogenous insulins are going to build the most muscle, for as long as possible?

I think the devil is in the dose.

To use my son as an example – he gets a bolus of lantus every single day, but has not gotten progressively more resistant. His lantus dose is entirely dependent on what keeps his BG level between meals when there's no rapid insulin active. His carb ratio for rapid is typically 15:1 and has stayed that way for a long time (unless he’s playing soccer or jumping on a trampoline then we dose 30 or 40:1, no joke).

If lantus was promoting resistance then his rapid ratio would get lower and lower and they’d have him on a pump asap (constant pulsing of rapid insulin). And there are T1D lifters (Jessica Buettner comes to mind) that use the lantus/rapid combo with great results.
As you acknowledge below:
However, this is an entirely different scenario, being T1D. For A1c/sensitivity purposes and a working pancreas lantus timing might be moot.
The same applies to being T1D & dose/response (that it is an entirely different scenario vs. a nondiabetic).

Because a nondiabetic that uses Lantus/exogenous insulin definitionally provokes chronic hyperinsulinemia because Lantus is additive to their endogenous insulin. Your son doesn't produce insulin, so Lantus does not.

Bro lmao , your gay .. go solve more Rubik’s cubes

Come on, you're better than that, no?

The fact is, you've probably found his posts/threads helpful and educational like a lot of other people have.

Come on, you're better than that, no?

The fact is, you've probably found his posts/threads helpful and educational like a lot of other people have.
He took me to serious..all good. Was playing , I don’t follow him much.. I’m sure he is a great guy. There are plenty of knowledgeable people here …

Anyone can read from a book that’s all I’m saying .. we got enough Google members here

Anyone can read from a book that’s all I’m saying .. we got enough Google members here
Yea anyone can read from a book, but comprehension is a different story. Nothing is wrong with learning off the internet too, including Google. I can tell who uses their words and can comprehend what they say too.

Always learning!!!

Just buy a Glucose meter and check it everyday ...See how your body reacts ..Thats what I do...Also make sure you buy
the Bayer Contour next meter ..Yes the strips are higher priced,but way more accurate than most of the other meters ...
The accuracy on some on these meters are ridiculous ...I think the FDA allows for 20% differentialand that is absurd....
I mean someone who has let's say and 85 glucose but the meter can read 101 and by FDA rule that's OK... That's nothing short of
A disgrace...
Also a1c can be influenced by blood donations so A1c not a great marker either...

Just buy a Glucose meter and check it everyday ...See how your body reacts ..Thats what I do...Also make sure you buy
the Bayer Contour next meter ..Yes the strips are higher priced,but way more accurate than most of the other meters ...
The accuracy on some on these meters are ridiculous ...I think the FDA allows for 20% differentialand that is absurd....
I mean someone who has let's say and 85 glucose but the meter can read 101 and by FDA rule that's OK... That's nothing short of
A disgrace...
Also a1c can be influenced by blood donations so A1c not a great marker either...

Is the Bayer Contour meter that much more accurate?

When I google it, there are a few different types? Is there a specific one you can recommend?

When I google it, there are a few different types? Is there a specific one you can recommend?
Contour next one meter ....Its the long rectangle one...Look around though they offer package deals or CVS sells it for as low as 11.00 .....https://www.walmart.com/ip/CONTOUR-NEXT-ONE-VALUE-PACK/1545474442?athbdg=L1102&from=/search

Yes the meter is the most accuarate on the market today...I think it was 5% or less within range compared to the average of over 25% in a lot of independent lab studies..
Some meters were 30% off which is criminal..

Contour next one meter ....Its the long rectangle one...Look around though they offer package deals or CVS sells it for as low as 11.00 .....https://www.walmart.com/ip/CONTOUR-NEXT-ONE-VALUE-PACK/1545474442?athbdg=L1102&from=/search

Awesome, thank you. I have a meter that is not very accurate and sometimes gives me readings that are 20 points off from what I get in the labs.

Yes the meter is the most accuarate on the market today...I think it was 5% or less within range compared to the average of over 25% in a lot of independent lab studies..
Some meters were 30% off which is criminal..

Agreed. That's criminal.

5% or less within range sounds a lot better than most of the other meters.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws