over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Haney's Latest Out Of Touch Comments

danieltx

Kilo Klub Member
Verified Customer
He could do so much to promote bodybuilding but instead he choses to denigrate it over and over.

https://www.instagram.com/lee_haney_official/p/C6rz5yJPVlq/?hl=en

Is it just me or does 90% of the current group of bodybuilders have the same sqatti shape: wide waist, big arms, overly developed quads, small calves, and weird shoulders. It looks as though somebody closed their eyes and threw muscle at a dart board without giving it any thought.
The new Frankenstein era😏

If anyone thinks this is actually correct here are a few examples off the top of my head that prove it isn't:
  • Samson Dauda
  • Tonio Burton
  • Stuart Sutherland
  • Rafael Brandao
  • Andrew Jacked

I don't necessarily disagree with Lee, he's just from a different era. Personally I like massive quads and overly developed shoulders.
Imagine if Samson were able to pack on another 30-40's pounds of muscle onto his tall frame. He'd be the new Ronnie.

I don't necessarily disagree with Lee, he's just from a different era. Personally I like massive quads and overly developed shoulders.
Imagine if Samson were able to pack on another 30-40's pounds of muscle onto his tall frame. He'd be the new Ronnie.
That doesn't excuse his shitty, inaccurate comments.

No other sport has so many former competitors talk bad about it as bodybuilding does and it's one of the reasons the sport will always struggle to grow. Why would new fans or sponsors come in when all they hear is how bad the sport is today?

Imagine if Nolan Ryan, Mario Lemieux, or Jerome Bettis talked this way about their sports - there'd be outrage.

These comments arent shocking, Lee was more Golden Age than he was New Age.

I agree about the turkey drumstick thighs and SEO filled shoulders.

It is what it is, this is the evolution of the sport. At least hes being honest.

Yea he could be more of an ambassador but honestly I dont think anyone would give shit what he has to say about anything.

No other sport has so many former competitors talk bad about it as bodybuilding does and it's one of the reasons the sport will always struggle to grow. Why would new fans or sponsors come in when all they hear is how bad the sport is today?

Imagine if Nolan Ryan, Mario Lemieux, or Jerome Bettis talked this way about their sports - there'd be outrage.
Old NBA players shit on the current guys quite a bit.

I think Haney is probably bitter about the fact that he won 8 straight Olympia titles and nobody ever mentions him as the best ever or their favorite physique.

Lee Haney’s words don’t really matter, I think. The sport will always struggle to grow, because it isn’t just a sport, but also a pageant. It’s a niche, like all types of pageants, the beauty kind, the dog kind, car shows, farm shows, etc. It’s not a big portion of society that is drawn to physique competitions, it’s just not interesting or entertaining to most. Certainly not enough to spend money on it.

Oh, and the Manion mob-boss style of running a family business means they can’t let it spin out of control. Stay smaller and under the radar, so Washington Post hit pieces on the NPC / IFBB meant to expose the corruption, only fall on deaf ears.

theres an excellent doc about nolan that made me cry on Netflix if you haven't seen it watch it! it debut last year or year before
lemieux and gretzky and sakic were all beasts, bettis was an anomaly and a freak , and on defense they had gregg lloyd and Kevin green, wasn't kordell stewart playing both ways then also ?

I totally disagree with the 90% part of the comment but I do know the physique he's talking about. I've questioned a few of the winners of the past few Mr Olympia's. At the end of the day it'more just matter of opinion. What appeals to one might not appeal to another.

He could do so much to promote bodybuilding but instead he choses to denigrate it over and over.

https://www.instagram.com/lee_haney_official/p/C6rz5yJPVlq/?hl=en

If anyone thinks this is actually correct here are a few examples off the top of my head that prove it isn't:
  • Samson Dauda
  • Tonio Burton
  • Stuart Sutherland
  • Rafael Brandao
  • Andrew Jacked
Lee is VERY passionate about classic bodybuilding. He speaks at most shows here in GA and gives this same style speech before every event to the athletes.

In all the times I’ve had him critique me he won’t even consider telling someone they should do open bodybuilding as he feels it’s declined since his era.

On some level I get it, but on the other give credit where it’s due as while he is an iconic classic physique, he will also never be a Ronnie Coleman or a Phil Heath.

I love Lee and have mad respect for him as I say that. He’s just stuck in his era.

In some cases he does have a point. At his age he probably don’t give a fuck just like Arnold talks shit. Just look at Hadi’s shoulders and lumps on Derick’s lats…. Then take a look at Walkers nasty varicose veins….Lee doest need to say these things because he is one of the best to ever do it. In Lee’s era that mess would have cost them placings. Personally I like big arms and quads but no shady looking body parts. So I see both sides. I’m certainly not gonna diss Lee because his physique would still mop the floor with most of us. Put him in this era, with the information available today and he would be a problem.

Old NBA players shit on the current guys quite a bit.

I think Haney is probably bitter about the fact that he won 8 straight Olympia titles and nobody ever mentions him as the best ever or their favorite physique.
Yes NBA guys do it too!!! but how many competitors currently were even alive or at the least little kids when he was winning??? This happens in all sport. Baseball, Football, Soccer, Hockey, Boxing not to mention the Olympics.. Much to do about nothing if you ask me.

Yes NBA guys do it too!!! but how many competitors currently were even alive or at the least little kids when he was winning??? This happens in all sport. Baseball, Football, Soccer, Hockey, Boxing not to mention the Olympics.. Much to do about nothing if you ask me.

Worst example lately is how Sheryl Swoopes made up false facts about Caitlin Clark. She totally sullied her own legacy with that BS.

If you think this is bad, social media is a cesspool when it comes to open bodybuilding

Every YouTube short of an open competitor is riddled with: "Dead in 10 years". "Why would anyone want to look like this"...

Bodybuilding went a bit more mainstream with other classes and social media personalities, but the open class has unfortunately become even more niche with only older guys/serious fans paying attention

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
sharkygear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity