over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Ferritin/Common with AAS use

Well now that you have me all worried, I googled it and found this

**broken link removed**

So it looks like there is truth to that. I've had non existant levels of ferritin before in the past. It seems like it climbs up quickly until it hits around 30, then it stops increasing.

Well now that you have me all worried, I googled it and found this

**broken link removed**

So it looks like there is truth to that. I've had non existant levels of ferritin before in the past. It seems like it climbs up quickly until it hits around 30, then it stops increasing.

I posted about this a few years ago and several times thereafter.

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, very hectic evening. When I get a chance I'll give you a call or text.

Always very helpful! :)

Letrozole definitely has been shown to have a superior suppression of E1S over Arimidex, in some clinical settings. From my readings, Aromasin had a lower percentage of suppression on E1 and E1S.

Although, this is subjective to the individuals expression and genetic action of 17β-HSD1 to estrone sulfate (E1S) <> E2.

Thoughts?

As always my time has been very compressed. A few things I'd like to add to your list gg.

Do not overdo it on phlebotomies, tanking your iron stores. It's been observed that iron deficiency (even without anemia) will increase platelets to become more "sticky", increasing the chance of clotting to occur.

Know your genetic background. If any first degree relative has a clotting disorder or any type of autoimmune diseases. Check for Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin mutation, MTHFR and Galectin-3, which has been implicated in the venous thrombogenesis process. Iron deficiency would exacerbate and an elevated level Galectin-3 potentiating the risk of a clot several fold.

One could also check their Fibrinogen levels, hs-CRP, Lp-PLA², Homocysteine and Myeloperoxidase levels.

One last thing, those that push the envelope on running high T3 doses. This can be pro-thrombotic in a hyperthyroid state.

I posted about this a few years ago and several times thereafter.

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, very hectic evening. When I get a chance I'll give you a call or text.

sounds good

I feel like a lot of bodybuilders have this problem but they never bother to get their ferritin checked so they don't realize it

if you want to get your iron up super fast. Take beverly ultra 40 along with ester C. I cant take it any more because my iron got too high.

So the Dessicated Liver Tabs didn't help much. My ferritin only went up from 33 to 38 since 8/1. My HCT was 55 so I just donated, probably lowering my ferritin to the low teens. I feel exactly the same as before donating though. Tempted to donate again tomorrow (at a different spot) but don't think I will. I ordered Ferrous Sulphate.

On the bright side, CRP 0 and homocysteine 8 :)

At least you are still in range. Do we know if there is even any benefits to having ferritin in the mid-high range anyway?

At least you are still in range. Do we know if there is even any benefits to having ferritin in the mid-high range anyway?

Not anymore. The 38 ferritin was before I donated yesterday. I saw the HCT result and then immediately ran to get blood taken. I wish I knew my new ferritin level.

Not anymore. The 38 ferritin was before I donated yesterday. I saw the HCT result and then immediately ran to get blood taken. I wish I knew my new ferritin level.

55 isn't really that bad. My cardiologist said it's not really even a concern until you hit closer to 60 and that's for a sedentary person who doesn't lift or use gear. I'm experimenting next with waiting as long as possible without donating and seeing how long it takes for ferritin go up but still keeping an eye on hematocrit because even though I don't feel that much different with low ferritin I wonder if there are actually worse side effects of low ferritin/iron than having Hemo slightly elevated.

55 isn't really that bad. My cardiologist said it's not really even a concern until you hit closer to 60 and that's for a sedentary person who doesn't lift or use gear. I'm experimenting next with waiting as long as possible without donating and seeing how long it takes for ferritin go up but still keeping an eye on hematocrit because even though I don't feel that much different with low ferritin I wonder if there are actually worse side effects of low ferritin/iron than having Hemo slightly elevated.

I know it's not THAT bad, but it means I can't use a higher test dose or add a small amount of any other AAS because I can't afford to get it any higher. That's the frustrating part about it.

I began ferrous sulfate today. Hopefully it brings it up. I'd hate for it to take too long to rise too.

I know it's not THAT bad, but it means I can't use a higher test dose or add a small amount of any other AAS because I can't afford to get it any higher. That's the frustrating part about it.

I began ferrous sulfate today. Hopefully it brings it up. I'd hate for it to take too long to rise too.

The only problem is the ferrous sulfate will probably increase your hemo more than AAS. What I find weird is I don't really notice a big difference in feeling when my ferritin is low or normal. I have a feeling that even steroid users who don't donate blood could have low ferritin as maybe it's a false negative type of occurrence kind of like how tren is with estrogen.

The only problem is the ferrous sulfate will probably increase your hemo more than AAS. What I find weird is I don't really notice a big difference in feeling when my ferritin is low or normal. I have a feeling that even steroid users who don't donate blood could have low ferritin as maybe it's a false negative type of occurrence kind of like how tren is with estrogen.

When my ferritin was 9 I was definitely having symptoms .i was dizzy ,light headed and had memory loss .

I spoke to Stewie and he thinks the increase in hemoglobin will be very minimal on ferrous sulfate and is worth taking for me, so I'm going to go with his advice on this one. I had no stomach issues taking it today thankfully.

I also can't really say I've gotten bad symptoms from low ferritin either. However, there have been time where my breathing felt below optimal but I don't know if it was a matter of being too big for my body or low ferritin. My breathing seems better right this moment though despite having a low ferritin again. Maybe it was lower then? I don't really know for sure. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get any symptoms after donating the other day.

Maybe you will have better luck with the ferrous sulfate .i used it for only 2 weeks and it doubled my ferritin from 9 to 20.I see you wrote that you donated again with low ferritin levels .doesnt that put you at risk for a clot ? From what Maldorf and Stewie have written recently it seems that if you keep donating while iron is low your body will think there is a leak and you are more likely to develop a clot .

Hey Mike how much ferrous sulfate were you using? 1 tab of 325mg daily on an empty stomach?

Hey Mike how much ferrous sulfate were you using? 1 tab of 325mg daily on an empty stomach?

Just one 325mg tab every morning on an empty stomach .by the third day it had me constipated .its like i would shit but it just would never come fully out .too much info lol .For best absorption I read to take with orange juice ,preferably on an empty stomach

Just one 325mg tab every morning on an empty stomach .by the third day it had me constipated .its like i would shit but it just would never come fully out .too much info lol .For best absorption I read to take with orange juice ,preferably on an empty stomach

Wonder if I should buy a laxative

I spoke to Stewie and he thinks the increase in hemoglobin will be very minimal on ferrous sulfate and is worth taking for me, so I'm going to go with his advice on this one. I had no stomach issues taking it today thankfully.

I also can't really say I've gotten bad symptoms from low ferritin either. However, there have been time where my breathing felt below optimal but I don't know if it was a matter of being too big for my body or low ferritin. My breathing seems better right this moment though despite having a low ferritin again. Maybe it was lower then? I don't really know for sure. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get any symptoms after donating the other day.

Interesting. Keep us posted if you do bloods again to compare ferritin increase and any changes in rbc's/hematocrit. I assume you will take it in on an empty stomach with vitamin C?

Interesting. Keep us posted if you do bloods again to compare ferritin increase and any changes in rbc's/hematocrit. I assume you will take it in on an empty stomach with vitamin C?

Yep I started taking it upon waking along with my usual citrus bergamot and telmisartan.

I take 3g vitamin C daily split 3 times daily with meals so yes.

As for bloodwork, I have nothing scheduled. It's a bit annoying all the hoops I have to jump through just to get it here in the state of NY. I don't have to see my endo again for six months. I actually need to find a new endo because she will no longer take my insurance next year (ughhhh)

I am tempted to donate blood again at another bank soon just to get the dam hematocrit under 50 again, but if that really crashes my ferritin and I get all the shitty symptoms, that would suck.

I'm basically playing blind here unless I go to my primary care doc and try to get a referral for a hemotologist

Bloodbuilder by MegaFoods brother. It's the only iron supp so far that gets my total iron in range. Problem is my MCH and MCV continue to be low with a high RDW. This is the case for me on every lab work regardless of iron levels. My RBC tends to run on the high end but my hematocrit is on the low end.
Thank you!

Yep I started taking it upon waking along with my usual citrus bergamot and telmisartan.

I take 3g vitamin C daily split 3 times daily with meals so yes.

As for bloodwork, I have nothing scheduled. It's a bit annoying all the hoops I have to jump through just to get it here in the state of NY. I don't have to see my endo again for six months. I actually need to find a new endo because she will no longer take my insurance next year (ughhhh)

I am tempted to donate blood again at another bank soon just to get the dam hematocrit under 50 again, but if that really crashes my ferritin and I get all the shitty symptoms, that would suck.

I'm basically playing blind here unless I go to my primary care doc and try to get a referral for a hemotologist

Maybe just go to a new general practitioner and tell them you want a cbc and ferritin and explain why. Your co-pay should cover it. I'd say wait a month so you can see if the ferrous sulfate made a difference and don't donate otherwise you will never know what it did.

So I was just sitting around thinking why I always feel fatigued and achy and how it's pretty much been ruining my life the past 5 or 6 years. I've had every blood test you can think of and signs seemed to point to adrenal fatigue since I'll go 4-5 weeks feeling great and train and then I'll feel like crap again for a few weeks but my cortisol saliva tests came back pretty normal. Only thing that has always been abnormal is low ferritin/iron and I was researching it and it seems like some common symptoms of low ferritin are extreme fatigue and body aches. I knew the fatigue would be common but I didn't know bodyaches would come along with that so I'm thinking this is been my problem all along. I remember years and years ago I had low ferritin levels on a blood test and this was before I would do all my blood donations so it's either genetic or being on gear has caused the low ferritin. I also wonder if I may have celiac disease because I'm always having runny shits like three or four times a day and that combined with the low ferritin may be a cause. I think I'm going to get a celiac test done.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear