over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Ferritin/Common with AAS use

Seems like the sides are very mild. It's been about 2.5 weeks since my last draw. I added an iron pill(65mg ferritin) with breakfast for about 5 days(probably absorbed 25% if that) and have been using the 3 beef liver tabs 2x per day. In a few weeks I'll get labs done and if no improvement I may give the sulfate a shot.

Good to know. I'm holding off on donating blood as much as I want to since my HCT is hovering around the 50-53 range depending on time of day and I'll see what happens.

Seems like the sides are very mild. It's been about 2.5 weeks since my last draw. I added an iron pill(65mg ferritin) with breakfast for about 5 days(probably absorbed 25% if that) and have been using the 3 beef liver tabs 2x per day. In a few weeks I'll get labs done and if no improvement I may give the sulfate a shot.

About 5-7 days before your lab's, drop the ferrous sulfate and beef liver tabs.

Otherwise it'll give you a false high (or normal) on your iron status.

Should I do this with the dessicated liver tabs?

Good info Stewie.

After I'd donated double reds twice this year my red blood cells were a little small. My doctor put me on Ferralet. It's only been a month but when I get re-posted I'll try to remember to post results.

After I'd donated double reds twice this year my red blood cells were a little small. My doctor put me on Ferralet. It's only been a month but when I get re-posted I'll try to remember to post results.

According to Kaladryn, donating double red defeats the purpose because you're returning your plasma.

According to Kaladryn, donating double red defeats the purpose because you're returning your plasma.

Well it got my numbers back in line with the first donation and too low with the second so I'd have to disagree with him.

I noticed a few people like Nothuman and some others have been posting they have low ferritin so I'm wondering if there is a link between this and AAS use. A few years ago my hematologist had me donate blood every two weeks to get my hemoglobin down and after about four donations I was so exhausted I got blood work done in my iron serum was low. But he never tested my ferritin. Since then I've been donating once every two months and with a clean diet I have been able to keep my hemoglobin around 16 to 17 which I am fine with. My cardiologist recently told me iron serum is not the best indicator it's important to check ferritin so I recently got a blood test done. About six weeks after donating my iron serum was 42 range 38-169 then about two weeks later the day before I donated blood I got a full iron panel done. I also had about 24 ounces of redmeat the day before. Myresults were

Total iron 79 range 50-180
Iron binding capacity 453 range 250-425
Ferritin 18 range 20-345
Transferrin 309 range 188-349

So as you can see my total Iron is on the lower end and my ferritin is low but my iron binding capacity is high and my transferrin is on the higher end. I don't know what those two are. Maybe someone can chime in? Thanks

OK so I went a month with taking the desiccated liver tabs six tabs per day. Are also included a lot more red meat in my diet. Below are my results.

Total iron 94
Iron binding capacity 485
Ferritin 16

So as you can see total iron went up a little bit but everything else looks like it got worse. It's only been a month since I did the last phlebotomy so I wouldn't expect a huge increase in Ferritin or iron but after talking with my cardiologist he said don't even worry about the Hemoglobin and red blood cells being a little on the higher end off the range is very broad and it's not that big of a deal if your hemoglobin is around 18 or 19 for a little while as long as you stay hydrated. Also I really wish I can remember exactly what he said but he said something along the lines of my ferritin being low is a false reading due to the phlebotomies which is why I'm not exhausted and tired from having low iron and ferritin. I don't know if that was his exact words but he was saying something along those lines with bone marrow, etc. he basically said wait a couple months get blood work done again and then determine if you should do a phlebotomy or not.

STEWIE, or anyone else that messed around with liver tabs and had blood tests done while paying attention to iron levels, any supplements / non meat foods that you consume that actually make a difference in iron levels and will help out for the typical gym rat?

I'm have been experiencing the same thing and it got worse after donating blood. I only donate twice a year. I stay cold (get cold hands and the cold chills), and I am very weak right now. I get light headed when doing squats.

I stay on testosterone year round so I am certain this is the issue. Ive noticed that trenbolone makes my anemia worse. I also stopped doing bodybuilding shows because every time I did a show (even while using iron) I became anemic.

I'm currently using iron daily to get my levels back up. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I am dealing with the same issue right now .low ferritin .it was I believe 9 about 6 weeks ago and I was rechecked again about 2 weeks ago and now it is 20.it is getting better but no more blood donations for awhile .i did take an iron supplement for about 2 weeks and stopped about 10 days before my last blood work

I'm have been experiencing the same thing and it got worse after donating blood. I only donate twice a year. I stay cold (get cold hands and the cold chills), and I am very weak right now. I get light headed when doing squats.

I stay on testosterone year round so I am certain this is the issue. Ive noticed that trenbolone makes my anemia worse. I also stopped doing bodybuilding shows because every time I did a show (even while using iron) I became anemic.

I'm currently using iron daily to get my levels back up. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Bloodbuilder by MegaFoods brother. It's the only iron supp so far that gets my total iron in range. Problem is my MCH and MCV continue to be low with a high RDW. This is the case for me on every lab work regardless of iron levels. My RBC tends to run on the high end but my hematocrit is on the low end.

On 8/1, my ferritin was 27. I've been taking 6 dessicated liver tabs since. I'm getting bloodwork on Monday so I will post my new result next week once I get it. I stopped the liver tabs for the past week.

On 8/1, my ferritin was 27. I've been taking 6 dessicated liver tabs since. I'm getting bloodwork on Monday so I will post my new result next week once I get it. I stopped the liver tabs for the past week.

Has anything else changed with gear use or diet or anything?

Has anything else changed with gear use or diet or anything?

I did 10 weeks of 700mg test per week in the middle of this time span but I'm back on 150mg test only.

So the Dessicated Liver Tabs didn't help much. My ferritin only went up from 33 to 38 since 8/1. My HCT was 55 so I just donated, probably lowering my ferritin to the low teens. I feel exactly the same as before donating though. Tempted to donate again tomorrow (at a different spot) but don't think I will. I ordered Ferrous Sulphate.

On the bright side, CRP 0 and homocysteine 8 :)

So the Dessicated Liver Tabs didn't help much. My ferritin only went up from 33 to 38 since 8/1. My HCT was 55 so I just donated, probably lowering my ferritin to the low teens. I feel exactly the same as before donating though. Tempted to donate again tomorrow (at a different spot) but don't think I will. I ordered Ferrous Sulphate.

On the bright side, CRP 0 and homocysteine 8 :)

Maybe you will have better luck with the ferrous sulfate .i used it for only 2 weeks and it doubled my ferritin from 9 to 20.I see you wrote that you donated again with low ferritin levels .doesnt that put you at risk for a clot ? From what Maldorf and Stewie have written recently it seems that if you keep donating while iron is low your body will think there is a leak and you are more likely to develop a clot .

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear