over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Max-OT training was ahead of its time!

I think you could use the identical MAX-OT principles, but up the rep range and have very good results. It checks all the boxes of mechanical tension, adequate volume and progressive overload. Keep in mind, the studies about hypertrophy being posted TODAY back what this program was preaching 2+decades ago. Almost point for point. That is why I feel this dude was a pioneer. The program is posted free online and if you read his methodology, it has now been proven to be true, albeit decades later.

I think once you train over many years and you're experimental it becomes common sense what is effective. We all want to find the optimal way but too many get lost in the details. Guys like details and they become routine and often it's hard for them to think differently until something bad happens. I think this system posted is a great general guildline for success but as posted different rep ranges suit different people. I believe a variety of rep ranges are optimal. Now for some especially as they get older (or incur certain injuries) they need to avoid lower reps for certain movements or even entirely.

An area many forget about when it comes to training is simply the enjoyment aspect as well. I am all for following a fixed routine and changing things very infrequently but I also like to have fun in the gym and if I stuck to 6-8 reps for everything that would be less fun for me. I have trained P/P/L for years and do the same movements over and over but it's nice to randomly throw is a 25+ rep leg press set from time to time.

Me personally I like more volume but if you train 100% and are locked in 45 mins is more than enough. I use lower reps (4-6) but most movements are 8-12 and at times that is doubled. All the new literature shows pretty much all rep ranges are just as effective as long as you go to complete failure. In fact for the heavier low rep loads even stopping just short of complete failure might be optimal. Incorporating all rep ranges (essentially 4-30 reps) is very beneficial for many different reasons for me. I don't follow a routine (low, med, high etc) but I listen to my body and I encourage others do the same.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131