over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin Question

I'm nowhere near goals size, but I use insulin the same way he does. Lower doses spread throughout the day. I've never changed my diet. I have 150g fat everyday and it's made no difference and I've done nothing but grow. It doesn't throw weight on you like Huge doses of humalog does, but it keeps me full and I don't go near hypo. I'll never use it any other way... currently 4iu slin twice a day, humalin r. Might use 3x a day when I stall but no need right now.

And yes u have grown a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really can't see why someone wouldn't use Metformin. There's just so many benefits to taking the drug in my opinion.

If someone doesn't like metformin then they should at least take berberine.

you guys are saying stay on year round, even when bulking?

so to the guys who are in growth phases, and not cutting, do you cut out the metformin during those periods of time where you are specifically looking to add mass? or no? i'm looking to start my next growth stage with gh and slin alongside the AAS....wondering if met would be a good addition in terms of stopping some of the potential fat gain that can come with running slin, or if it would compromise potential muscle growth

No I don't use it while bulking... it noticeably decreases my appetite for several hours. Seems to just slow down huge meals digesting altogether. It could theoretically prevent fat loss but it also decreases IGF levels so at what cost? I love it when cutting. I use it pre cardio and I've noticed my composition changes faster using it this way than not using it.

No I don't use it while bulking... it noticeably decreases my appetite for several hours. Seems to just slow down huge meals digesting altogether. It could theoretically prevent fat loss but it also decreases IGF levels so at what cost? I love it when cutting. I use it pre cardio and I've noticed my composition changes faster using it this way than not using it.

Blown out of proportion

eating fats with insulin will not make you any fatter than eating the fat/ excess calories without taking insulin.

Exactly. Insulin shuttles carbs....not fats. It can't. It can however store carbs AS fat. So watching carb intake is important if you don't want excess fat gain

I found pre workout insulin (3iu) with hydro whey+glutamine kept me holding lean tissue on a hard cut. PWO was carbless also. But not on leg day, I added 30g carbs from powdered sweet potato

Last edited:

B-Boy, I've been reading about you doing Keto and wondering if you still take metformin and what dosage?

Thanks

Exactly. Insulin shuttles carbs....not fats. It can't. It can however store carbs AS fat. So watching carb intake is important if you don't want excess fat gain

I have been running 24 hrs slin for 3 weeks and preworkout. Haven't cut fat back. There around 150 a day. To my surprise I haven't put any fat on. Gh is 5 iu a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Boy, I've been reading about you doing Keto and wondering if you still take metformin and what dosage?

Thanks

if your liver is inhibited from making glucose via Metformin how much easier is it to maintain ketosis?

if your liver is inhibited from making glucose via Metformin how much easier is it to maintain ketosis?

I don't think metformin will have a big effect on liver glucose production in a healthy person. A diabetics liver produces 3 times as much glucose and metformin brings this back to normal. If you are not diabetic your glucose production will stay normal with or without metformin.

But easiest way to stay in ketosis is no not eat carbs, you can't eat 100+ carbs and expect to be in true ketosis regardless of what your liver is doing

I was just going to post that .....to try berberine first ...my blood glucose has been creeping up...but ever since taking mk677 before a work out it has stabilized. Glucose meters are amazing and useful tools. Strips can get expensive, wonder if I can use my FSA $ on them. LOL

I don't think metformin will have a big effect on liver glucose production in a healthy person. A diabetics liver produces 3 times as much glucose and metformin brings this back to normal. If you are not diabetic your glucose production will stay normal with or without metformin.

But easiest way to stay in ketosis is no not eat carbs, you can't eat 100+ carbs and expect to be in true ketosis regardless of what your liver is doing

I think you are wrong.

I think you are wrong.

He hasn't tried it so he doesn't know the effects.
$10 says he'll post a link to study or quote.

to think any medication mentioned in studies works normally in bodybuilders is just silly.

Edit : too late ya another study reference ;) Lex you owe me $10 or a 1/4 run in your charger! :)

Last edited:

Thanks
sorry I didn't see this question. No I no longer take it, just don't see the need now especially since fasting.

He hasn't tried it so he doesn't know the effects.
$10 says he'll post a link to study or quote.

to think any medication mentioned in studies works normally in bodybuilders is just silly.

Edit : too late ya another study reference ;) Lex you owe me $10 or a 1/4 run in your charger! :)

Tried it and have a case of it that I'm not using.

Tried it and have a case of it that I'm not using.

well my apologies then that doesn't mean it's useless...lex has written extensively on how well it has enhanced his life and was a game changer....so is opinion has merit. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it's a shit drug.

well my apologies then that doesn't mean it's useless...lex has written extensively on how well it has enhanced his life and was a game changer....so is opinion has merit. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it's a shit drug.

I didn't say it's a shit drug but I do believe in just eating less to achieve all of the effects metformin claims to do.

Bodybuilders wanna eat 800g (exagerating) carbs and stay lean and insulin sensitive - no problem, take metformin with your 800 carbs and you'll be shredded and insulin sensitive and in ketosis all at the same time.

Why not just eat half the carbs without having to take a drug to combat the sides of too many carbs/calories?

Just ordered some to keep on hand. Only way i think metformin is necessary is if your taken high amounts of gh. Taking 4-5 iu of gh most likely will not make u insulin resistant but the only way to know is to check your fasted blood glucose. If it starts creeping up then yeah I believe metformin would be a good addition. It does have any cancer properties which is why it suppresses igf which seems a counterproductive to me as a bodybuilder but then again it also has other health benefits like lowering LDL and raising HDL so in that aspect I can see why people would use them. I guess it's just preference. If it doesn't suppress igf very much then I believe the other health benefits are well worth it. I'm curious to know how to use this while using slin as well though. Everyone says don't run it close to slin but what if I run slin multiple times a day. How would I get around that especially since met has a long half life

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkmmike
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws