• Milk Thistle

Votes: 116 30.0%
  • Liv.52

Votes: 212 54.8%
  • Other

Votes: 59 15.2%

• Total voters
big three

nac 1200mgs per day, milk thtistle, and liv 52, my theroy, why risk it. Oh by the way, did i mention, that acetaminophen causes more stress on your liver than about any other drug or drink you can use, seems a lot of people still for get this:confused:

EDED-
ALT/AST levels are both in U per L

ALT/AST are abbreviations for proteins called enzymes which help all the chemical activities within cells to take place. Injury to cells release these enzymes into the blood. They are found in muscles, the liver and heart.

Bilirubin level is in mg/dl

My Hepatologist told me bilirubin is the true indicator of how well the liver is functioning. Bilirubin results from the enzymatic breakdown of heme. Unconjugated bilirubin is conjugated with glucuronic acid in hepatocytes to increase its water solubility and is then rapidly transported into bile. The serum conjugated bilirubin level does not become elevated until the liver has lost at least one half of its excretory capacity. Thus, a patient could have obstruction of either the left or right hepatic duct without a rise in the bilirubin level.

Because the secretion of conjugated bilirubin into bile is very rapid in comparison with the conjugation step, healthy persons have almost no detectable conjugated bilirubin in their blood. Liver disease mainly impairs the secretion of conjugated bilirubin into bile. As a result, conjugated bilirubin is rapidly filtered into the urine, where it can be detected by a dipstick test. The finding of bilirubin in urine is a particularly sensitive indicator of the presence of an increased serum conjugated bilirubin level.

When a patient has prolonged, severe biliary obstruction followed by the restoration of bile flow, the serum bilirubin level often declines rapidly for several days and then slowly returns to normal over a period of weeks. The slow phase of bilirubin clearance results from the presence of delta-bilirubin, a form of bilirubin chemically attached to serum albumin.26 Because albumin has a half-life of three weeks, delta-bilirubin clears much more slowly than bilirubin-glucuronide. Clinical laboratories can measure delta-bilirubin concentrations, but such measurements are usually unnecessary if the physician is aware of the delta-bilirubin phenomenon.

EDED-
ALT/AST levels are both in U per L

ALT/AST are abbreviations for proteins called enzymes which help all the chemical activities within cells to take place. Injury to cells release these enzymes into the blood. They are found in muscles, the liver and heart.

Bilirubin level is in mg/dl

My Hepatologist told me bilirubin is the true indicator of how well the liver is functioning. Bilirubin results from the enzymatic breakdown of heme. Unconjugated bilirubin is conjugated with glucuronic acid in hepatocytes to increase its water solubility and is then rapidly transported into bile. The serum conjugated bilirubin level does not become elevated until the liver has lost at least one half of its excretory capacity. Thus, a patient could have obstruction of either the left or right hepatic duct without a rise in the bilirubin level.

Because the secretion of conjugated bilirubin into bile is very rapid in comparison with the conjugation step, healthy persons have almost no detectable conjugated bilirubin in their blood. Liver disease mainly impairs the secretion of conjugated bilirubin into bile. As a result, conjugated bilirubin is rapidly filtered into the urine, where it can be detected by a dipstick test. The finding of bilirubin in urine is a particularly sensitive indicator of the presence of an increased serum conjugated bilirubin level.

When a patient has prolonged, severe biliary obstruction followed by the restoration of bile flow, the serum bilirubin level often declines rapidly for several days and then slowly returns to normal over a period of weeks. The slow phase of bilirubin clearance results from the presence of delta-bilirubin, a form of bilirubin chemically attached to serum albumin.26 Because albumin has a half-life of three weeks, delta-bilirubin clears much more slowly than bilirubin-glucuronide. Clinical laboratories can measure delta-bilirubin concentrations, but such measurements are usually unnecessary if the physician is aware of the delta-bilirubin phenomenon.

dude,,,sorry its messed up to say but how did you survive with those AST/ALT values, tahts crazy, i didnt know it was possible to go that high without being severly ill

how are you these days? any damage done?

what caused that problem in the first place? do you think your liver activity is not as 'optimum' as others?

hope you are well man

how long do you think TUDCA can be used safely? and how is it comparable to the topic of this thread (milk thistle or liv52)? its probably not a good idea to stack all three though...

I grant your my situation is out of the ordinary. I was born with an inherited condition that puts my liver functions below optimum levels, and variable to undo stresses. I tell this story to show that oral AAS and Prohormones do have the ability to cause damage, and elevate liver enzymes. Some people clam this is overated and overhyped, but the possibility is real.

I have no experience with TUDCA, so I can not vouch for efficiency of this product

Yes if you have ALT/AST levels this high you will become severly ill, and did require surgery to correct this.

Thanks for the well wish bro.

ursodeoxycholic acid

Smith, many thanks.

What is a good source of ursodeoxycholic acid supplementation? My liver is fine, but my HDL & LDLs are shit-due to genetics. My diet is good and I'm doing flaxseed oil, fish oils & NAC, plus cold water fish a few times a week.

However, if ursodeoxycholic acid can increase my lipid profile, I would want to add it.

Thanks

this is a gimmick to jack up the price for an inferior product...not to mention the unhealthy additives (Additives: Lactose, Wheat starch, Sorbite, Glucose, Microcrystaline cellulose, Talk, Magnesium Stearate, Polyvinylpyrolidone, Sodium bicarbonate)

parents of omeaprazole are adding this to their new version

nac 1200mgs per day, milk thtistle, and liv 52, my theroy, why risk it. Oh by the way, did i mention, that acetaminophen causes more stress on your liver than about any other drug or drink you can use, seems a lot of people still for get this:confused:

yes aspirin saves lives especially with enlarged capalaries from aas drugs

I just run both!

I get my Liv 52 directly from Himalaya and if you contact them you can get a bulk discount of at least 25% depending on how much you buy. Plus they often have specials like buy 2 for the price of 1 and stuff like that...

My milk thistle I alternate from pharm grade bought at the pharmacy and other kinds from bb supplement companies.

Which of the Milk Thistle companies has the purest of ingredients in it? Does any one know?

[/QUOTE]Liv52 has a newer product out called LiverCure...[/QUOTE]

I am good at being wrong. I am not, however, since as you see above
you said LiveCURE and the Himalaya Prod is LIVERCARE.

I responded to your post above which I presumed was IP's product.

ANGEL

yes aspirin saves lives especially with enlarged capalaries from aas drugs

What do you mean? They were not talking about aspirin.
Acetominifren (Tylenol) and aspirin are two different things.

It is a wonder you guys don't overdose all the time the way you don't know basic shit.

ANGEL

this is a gimmick to jack up the price for an inferior product...not to mention the unhealthy additives (Additives: Lactose, Wheat starch, Sorbite, Glucose, Microcrystaline cellulose, Talk, Magnesium Stearate, Polyvinylpyrolidone, Sodium bicarbonate)

Yes that is what he sells though.

ANGEL

I grant your my situation is out of the ordinary. I was born with an inherited condition that puts my liver functions below optimum levels, and variable to undo stresses. I tell this story to show that oral AAS and Prohormones do have the ability to cause damage, and elevate liver enzymes. Some people clam this is overated and overhyped, but the possibility is real.
You are one crazy fuck to use aas with a condition like that. When your liver goes YOU go.

ANGEL

That was 15 years ago when I was 20 an still felt undestruckable. Was hoping this information would help someone not make some of the mistakes I made at that age not using liver protector.

Last edited:
OR.....just get LIVER ARMOR by CTD LABS that has full dose liv 52 and full dose ALA, MILK THISTLE and NAC....and no I do not work for them, work for Gaspari if curious...this is a great liver aid though...

What do you mean? They were not talking about aspirin.
Acetominifren (Tylenol) and aspirin are two different things.

It is a wonder you guys don't overdose all the time the way you don't know basic shit.

ANGEL
its acetominotophen or something not what you typed. and its hepatoxic

aspirin is hardly. it saves lifes.

i wont engage in the personal attacks were here to contribute.

cheers

Last edited:
Which of the Milk Thistle companies has the purest of ingredients in it? Does any one know?

I would probably buy Milk Thistle made by the German pharma company Madaus (makers of Legalon). They sell to some US supplement companies such as Nature's Way. Google Thisilyn.

I would trust many others too, like NOW Foods or LEF's products.

Last edited:
OR.....just get LIVER ARMOR by CTD LABS that has full dose liv 52 and full dose ALA, MILK THISTLE and NAC....and no I do not work for them, work for Gaspari if curious...this is a great liver aid though...

Each serving of 2 Liver Armor capsules contains:
Milk Thistle (80% Standardized Provides 400mg Silymarin) 500mg
N-Acetyl Cysteine 300mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 100mg
Proprietary Herbal Extract Blend 900mg
[Caper Bush (root), Chicory (seed), Black Nightshade (whole plant), Arjuna (bark), Yarrow (Aerial parts), Tamarisk (whole plant)]

Other Liver Armor Ingredients: Magnesium Stearate & Gelatin Capsule

(not a bad combo of ingredients)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear