over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Modafinil stims

i never used this stuff to be honest.I understand the purpose, but how does it compare effectivness wise to addrell? for those that have used both?

For me Adderall worked better, Phentermine also worked better but like all stims your body adapts and the effective dose has to be raised...that's your body telling you to lay off for a while.

IME it doesn't cause a mood boost, like even ephedrine does to an extent. So it's not recreational at all, which can be seen as a positive, you won't abuse it.

Yes like others have said not similar at all to adderall (amphetamine). You could describe it as a much more mild form of amphetamine without the cardiovascular effects (increased heart rate etc) but because of this not effective for ADD.

Modafinil being in the "stimulant" class of drugs is interesting because unlike all other traditional stimulants (adderal, caffeine, cocaine) has very little if no effect at all on the cardiovascular system. It's a novel drug for sure, the makers of the drug aren't even 100% sure how it works which always is something to be cautious of.

Yes like others have said not similar at all to adderall (amphetamine). You could describe it as a much more mild form of amphetamine without the cardiovascular effects (increased heart rate etc) but because of this not effective for ADD.

Modafinil being in the "stimulant" class of drugs is interesting because unlike all other traditional stimulants (adderal, caffeine, cocaine) has very little if no effect at all on the cardiovascular system. It's a novel drug for sure, the makers of the drug aren't even 100% sure how it works which always is something to be cautious of.

What I wanted to point out is that nobody knew how Amphetamine worked until a couple years ago. They just discovered the Trace Amine-associated Receptor. So it's not like uncertainty is anything new, but you never know...

Also Killerstack is right. Ephedrine is a substituted-amphetamine, and it's not like Modafinil. Ephedrine is a NE releasing agent, but it also releases a little bit of dopamine which improves your mood.

What I wanted to point out is that nobody knew how Amphetamine worked until a couple years ago. They just discovered the Trace Amine-associated Receptor. So it's not like uncertainty is anything new, but you never know...

Also Killerstack is right. Ephedrine is a substituted-amphetamine, and it's not like Modafinil. Ephedrine is a NE releasing agent, but it also releases a little bit of dopamine which improves your mood.

I think we can all agree all 3 of these drugs ( modafinil, adderall(amphetamine ), and ephedrine are completely different in almost every way. Amphetamine is by FAR the strongest psychostimulant affecting dopamine and norepinephrine in a very strong and direct way. Ephedrine affects almost purely and much more strongly on norepinephrine which obviously puts more stress on the heart, hence it's bad reputation. Modafinil, like I stated before is a whole different class of "stimulants" as even the creators of the drug can't explain exactly how it works.

The point being Cornelius is modafinil works on a completly different mechanism than any other stimulant in the history of mandkind. Phycisians in the 60's and 70s knew amphetamine was very closely related to coke and understood their method of action was very similar in regards to how and why they affected dopamine and norepinephrine.

The oddball here is modafinil as it's method of "presumed" action is very different from typical stimulants. The reason I bring up it's safety is because it is a completely new type of "stimulant" drug that does not confine to every defenition of what we consider a stimulant.

I think we can all agree all 3 of these drugs ( modafinil, adderall(amphetamine ), and ephedrine are completely different in almost every way. Amphetamine is by FAR the strongest psychostimulant affecting dopamine and norepinephrine in a very strong and direct way. Ephedrine affects almost purely and much more strongly on norepinephrine which obviously puts more stress on the heart, hence it's bad reputation. Modafinil, like I stated before is a whole different class of "stimulants" as even the creators of the drug can't explain exactly how it works.
I have disagree to some extent about ephedrine and amphetamines cuz a small chemical cook process will whip up ephedrine into methamphetamine... cant say the same for Mod.. has completely dif chemical structure and dynamics...

The point being Cornelius is modafinil works on a completly different mechanism than any other stimulant in the history of mandkind. Phycisians in the 60's and 70s knew amphetamine was very closely related to coke and understood their method of action was very similar in regards to how and why they affected dopamine and norepinephrine.

The oddball here is modafinil as it's method of "presumed" action is very different from typical stimulants. The reason I bring up it's safety is because it is a completely new type of "stimulant" drug that does not confine to every defenition of what we consider a stimulant.

I understand what your saying about modafinil because it's a new class of drug, but I've gotta split hairs with yah here. Ephedrine and Amphetamine are related. Amphetamine and Coke are not really related, and in the 60's and 70's, they had no clue as to how they worked. Cocaine is a local anesthetic, and it largely binds to the D/NE transporters just to inhibit reuptake. Amphetamine binds to the TAaR and highjacks the feedback loop. Most of information we have on them is recent.

I have disagree to some extent about ephedrine and amphetamines cuz a small chemical cook process will whip up ephedrine into methamphetamine... cant say the same for Mod.. has completely dif chemical structure and dynamics...

You're correct in your thinking that amphetamine and ephedrine are more closely related in chemical structure and effect in comparison to modafinil. The same way amph and ephedrine are not related to aspirin in chemical structure or mode of action. Point being, the effect of ephedrine and amp have very different mode of action. The only comparison is they both effect norepinephrine and stimulate the CNS.

I didn't like the way adderall made me feel. Made me not social.
I've read a lot about modafinil and think I may give it a shot. The said the movie Limitless was what the drug was like. Lol not exactly but close...

Provigil/modafanil is great I love it,to me its a productivity drug,its not going to make you something your not (like limitless movie),but it will aloww you to work at your peak non stop for a good 12-15 hours

So can someone message me regarding where to get? My insurance will not cover it either :(

Its used a lot in medicine unofficially. Especially for surgeons who are operating at night or for the interns who have to pull 30 hours shifts. Oh wait... interns cant do more then 18 hours straight anymore.. they need their acgme nap time.

For many its better then caffeine and other stims however as was mentioned earlier tolerance does build. Im no expert but you see a lot of the "prohormone" stuff around but i believe those cause more liver issues then moda itself but i could be wrong on that.

I know a few people that love modanfil. However, I used it for a couple of weeks, and really didn't like the way it made me feel. I did experience and increase in every, but something didn't feel right. I wouldn't even use it again.

It is totally different than Ephedrine because Modafinil isn't Adrenergic, and it shouldn't really increase your heart rate. They're not in the same class of drugs, but they're being used for some of the same applications, where Modafinil is considered a safer replacement for Amphetamine.
Modafinil is a novel compound because it selectively taps into your brain's awafefulness-circuitry. There is a peptide, called Orexin-A, that also does this. I like Orexin-A but haven't used it in awhile.

Can you tell me more about Orexin-A? You can send me a PM, if you don't mind.

I am currently using 200mg per day modafinil with great results. I have bad insomnia but I am also on trenbolone and other AAS. Kava Kava seems to help combat this, anyways..This product increases my communication ability tenfold. My awareness and focus skyrockets. It is a step up from NOOPEPT in terms of efficiency in my experiences. Noopept is amazing but gives me and my many friends who have used it zero physical stimulant effect only mental ( many look for the physical stim feeling). Especially students, and I have many college friends using noopept successfully scoring some of their best test scores recently on midterms and finals. I am sensitive to stimulants, and I will say that on modafinil I do feel a bit speedy in my CNS and senses, but every time I check my heart rate and BP its normal. I feel like i'm on ephedra physically , but my heart rate which would be extremely elevated from any stimulant is fine and normal. I hope this feedback helps. So far so good. I would rate it similar to adderall in terms of mental efficiency boost. Certainly an intelligence booster. I can see its application with biz professionals, students and entrepeneurs

after reading this thread, I have decided not to take modafinil everyday. Thank you for the valuable feedback folks

Last edited:
I have been working rotating shift work for 7 years. I work in an environment where I have to be very attentive. Unfortunately I have shift work sleep disorder. I fall on my face around 1AM and can't sleep during the day without lots of diphenhydramine (Benadryl). My doctor gave me a script for Modafinil but the insurance won't cover it and the price is outrageous. I purchased some Adrafinil and have only taken 300mg once and didn't notice anything. I will take 600mg next time and see what happens.

I have been using modafinil for a few months for shift work syndrome and it works great for me. I don't struggle staying awake halfway through my shifts.

today is the first day I haven't taken it in 7 days. I can't tell if I was more anxious or less. I got better sleep , and had less speedy feeling. Mind was racing. It is superior to noopept but noopept is mild. I may have built a tolerance to noopept. Anyway I will continue to take modafinil only when I need it. Modafinil makes me feel "smarter" and "sharper"

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner