over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My first Powerlifting Meet

Badass

Love chicks with some muscle too. Post up some pics of your PLing girl if ya feel comfortable.
uploadfromtaptalk1415970163343.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415970229788.jpg
Here's a couple. She won 165 open and took biggest DL with 363
Don't get down on your bench man. 350+ with a pause like that... most people don't realize the difference between touch and go and a competition bench.
Thanks man! That pause trashed my back! I just missed locking out 375 because my back locked up

Shit, wish I knew you were there, would have come by. Who is your GF? You can PM me. I usually go watch that meet but my son had a Playoff game in Pensacola. Nice Job
Thanks man! I wouldn't ever ask someone to come out to Defuniak Springs lol that place is in the sticks!

Don't get down on your bench man. 350+ with a pause like that... most people don't realize the difference between touch and go and a competition bench.

True it's not bad but these days to have one of the top totals you need a strong bench and sub 400 isn't cutting. That said I'm in the same boat as fubaseball because my total is definitely carried by my squat and deadlift.

Nice work, fu.

Thanks man! I wouldn't ever ask someone to come out to Defuniak Springs lol that place is in the sticks!

Yeah it's where I first moved in Florida when I came from NY. A Lot of my friends that train at the Bar in Milton compete at that meet. I don't like Bobby or Carol Mann so I don't do their meets. I'm doing the SPF Mississippi State in December. Sitting at 220 but cutting to 198 looking for 1700+, 1750 is the goal but injuries seem to creep up about this time, 4 weeks out and something goes wrong.

True it's not bad but these days to have one of the top totals you need a strong bench and sub 400 isn't cutting. That said I'm in the same boat as fubaseball because my total is definitely carried by my squat and deadlift.

Nice work, fu.
I have the potential for 400+... It won't be long. But when you've got most of the guys pushing mid 4's it's hard....
Yeah it's where I first moved in Florida when I came from NY. A Lot of my friends that train at the Bar in Milton compete at that meet. I don't like Bobby or Carol Mann so I don't do their meets. I'm doing the SPF Mississippi State in December. Sitting at 220 but cutting to 198 looking for 1700+, 1750 is the goal but injuries seem to creep up about this time, 4 weeks out and something goes wrong.
I could see someone not caring for them much. They were definitely harsh on judging too...

We are doing a SPF meet in Murfreesboro, TN December 6th. I'll break 1800 at this one

I have the potential for 400+... It won't be long. But when you've got most of the guys pushing mid 4's it's hard....

I could see someone not caring for them much. They were definitely harsh on judging too...

We are doing a SPF meet in Murfreesboro, TN December 6th. I'll break 1800 at this one

In my opinion their harshness is extremely hypocritical. I've known them for close to a decade now and they never squatted as deep in meets as they seem to expect others to.

In my opinion their harshness is extremely hypocritical. I've known them for close to a decade now and they never squatted as deep in meets as they seem to expect others to.
Squat depth didn't bother me... My coach said sink the first two and they won't hawk eye the third...

But a 2 count pause on bench killed me. I try to stay tight and barely touch my chest when I bench and holding pause for 2 count like that killed me

I competed in the 220 class when i competed,started in the 165's then went to the 181's and then the 198's and finally the 220's.
Powerlifting is also a good way to build a solid base.
That being said my deads sucked(lol)
My best squat in the 220 class was 751 but with a single ply suit, bench was my best lift.
603 lbs and then the deadlift (sigh)584 which is a 1938 total.
My best raw total ,except i used knee wraps and a belt and wrist wraps was 635 lb squat a 520 lb bench and 575 dead lift a 1735 lb total.
So what took me several years and climbing 3 weight classes you already have passed my raw total!!! Though i know in today times my total would be considered decent(lol)

My only claim was in 1997 i done a world record bench of 603 lbs using a single ply FRANZ DENIM SHIRT......Which with the improvements in equipment the record is 920!!!!!
Hell i have seen guys not be able to squat 500 do 900 and bench 300 and do 500+?

This is why i am guessing many are doing raw only competitions ?

Any event i am very impressed! Though if i was getting critical of something i would try to get your bench at 400-420(easy said than done)
But brother if i only had that dead you have :banghead:

Awesome work and congrats to the little lady (that could kick my ass:s:eek:rt-smi

Thanks man! I appreciate that! I have a meet Dec 6 I want to hit 1800. Then January 24th I want to hit a pro total

Thanks man! I appreciate that! I have a meet Dec 6 I want to hit 1800. Then January 24th I want to hit a pro total

Where are you doing the meet on the 24th? After this I'm taking a break from competing to work with Mike Turscherer. I want to see what Sam Byrd does this weekend, think he is taking a shot at the 198 Squat record which is 777. If I hit my 700-725 goal in December I won't be far off. Good luck in the next meet.

You're right, but they are only out for themselves from all the people I've talked to.

Where are you doing the meet on the 24th? After this I'm taking a break from competing to work with Mike Turscherer. I want to see what Sam Byrd does this weekend, think he is taking a shot at the 198 Squat record which is 777. If I hit my 700-725 goal in December I won't be far off. Good luck in the next meet.
It'll be another APA meet in Macon, GA. My home town. Yea Sam is looking strong, esp on deadlift.

Very nice!! Happy to hear things are going well for you.
Thanks man! Been dealing w a lot of shit at work and going to court w my ex over my strongman equipment. Been a lot, but I have a awesome woman now and lifting is good

Here's a couple. She won 165 open and took biggest DL with 363

You delivered! Hell yeah.

That's awesome you two are into lifting together. I know how awesome it is to share that with someone special like that. Didn't last for me but I hope it lasts for you. That deadlift is strong as absolute sh*t for her body weight too.

Nice work man! I competed at IPL World's a few weeks ago and got my ass handed to me. Some real monsters there for sure. Good luck in the upcoming meets!

Good clean lifts man. you def had more left in the deadlift. Looked like you cda repped that for 4 or 5. Good job.

Felt like it too haha oh well! Thanks man!

Watched thevideo again.I can't give you advice on squat on a count you hit as good a numbers raw as i did.On deads it is a lost cause with my short ass arms it is pathetic:eek:

Now on bench ,i seen your hips drive but really not much heel drive or leg drive.
If you could get that taken care of you could use the pause as help to know when you hear press you can drive from the legs to get the bar to the point where the triceps can takeover

As in any lift form is half the battle.I used to train with a guy who could out bench me .He could do 5 reps to my 3 but in a meet he would not get 30 or so pounds from my max.

Good luck man you have some un godly squat and dead !

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws