over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Night eating syndrome

lgnorant

Registered
Newbies
Hi all,

Have a very weird problem I need help with

I’ve dieted down to low body fat and ive started to develop an odd habit where I wake up around 2-4am every night extremely hungry and Raid the fridge semi unconscious (most times just have low calorie veggies but sometimes I do dig into higher calorie stuff)

As a result it’s been messing up with my diet, could this be blood sugar related ? How do I prevent this

I am on 2300 calories , weigh 80kg around 10% bf

Hi all,

I’ve dieted down to low body fat and ive started to develop an odd habit where I wake up around 2-4am every night extremely hungry and Raid the fridge semi unconscious (most times just have low calorie veggies but sometimes I do dig into higher calorie stuff)

As a result it’s been messing up with my diet, could this be blood sugar related ? How do I prevent this

Lol welcome to the club. I refer to it as the “2am kitchen zombie walk.” I generally chalk it up to all the THC I ingest before bed but I’ve often wondered if it’s due to low blood sugar from the Metformin. It’s probably a combination of both along with being in a deficit. Imagine what it’s like to be in the last few weeks of prep before a show lol 💀

Hi all,

Do you do intermittent fasting? How many means per day are you eating ? How much starchy carbs? When is your last meal of the day? When was your last diet break/carb refeed/maintenance period?

I'll suggest the opposite of Cerb.
Go with a HUGE bowl of berries before bed. Very good fiber, relatively low sugar and a couple Lbs of berries is only around 30g carbs total. You'll be so full that hunger wont wake you.
You can also take frozen sliced berries and thaw them a little bit and sprinkle stevia on them as a dessert(and/or with a tad bit of reduced fat ready whip).

I'll suggest the opposite of Cerb.
Go with a HUGE bowl of berries before bed. Very good fiber, relatively low sugar and a couple Lbs of berries is only around 30g carbs total. You'll be so full that hunger wont wake you.
You can also take frozen sliced berries and thaw them a little bit and sprinkle stevia on them as a dessert(and/or with a tad bit of reduced fat ready whip).

Berries are great. I'm more or less talking about rice and starches. BG spikes than crashes. That dosnt happened with Berries and they're filling. Good suggestion.

any idea why this happens and how to fix it?

Started taking berberine the other day

Intermittent fasting. Begin eating at 2 or 4. Big meal before bed. For me mix in a big Tupperware 2 scoops optimum casien, 6 crepi egg wraps, 22 oz almond milk, 2 tbsp natty PB . Top with 6 oz strawberry and some cinnamon and low calorie whip cream. 800 calorie meal before bed you won't wake up hungry. Skip the Natty PB it's about 600 calorie. All relatively clean food about 100g protein and tastes like something from the dessert buffet at golden corral. Use a Tupperware it won't fit in a bowl.

If you want it real thick and filling add in a lot of cinnamon to the protein and egg wrap mix, diet coke with no caffeine if it becomes too thick. Haven't woke up hungry in a year. I'd definitely say the optimum casien it's thick and filling, same dish would be nasty with say concentrate or even vitamin shoppe casien.

LOL

You cant judge someone like that without knowing there struggle brother.

Im a night eater to.

When i wanna tighten things up i stop
But this is not judging, but a lack of self -discipline

for me you are a man and you tell yourself that you do not do something = you do not do, but you do not know what was happening

If you are doing it in your sleep ductape the cabinets and fridge shut. 😆

But this is not judging, but a lack of self -discipline

for me you are a man and you tell yourself that you do not do something = you do not do, but you do not know what was happening
Lukki i agree with u

I was being sarcastic lol

I LOVE the middle of the night kitchen raid since I was 12. But it does suck when cutting no doubt. But if you're on a calorie restriction, you have to tough it out.

Yes, it sucks.

Make sure the fridge and pantry are filled with things that won't ruin the diet. Fruits and veggies. Zero fat Greek yogurt. Beef jerky. Left over steak and chicken. High fiber/low carb tortillas. Pretzels. Skim milk. Zero fat cereals. Etc

Lol welcome to the club. I refer to it as the “2am kitchen zombie walk.” I generally chalk it up to all the THC I ingest before bed but I’ve often wondered if it’s due to low blood sugar from the Metformin. It’s probably a combination of both along with being in a deficit. Imagine what it’s like to be in the last few weeks of prep before a show lol 💀

Im the same way. I limit the amount of junk food i keep at home

You could try honey. Just take a big squirt and then everyday take a little less until you don't need it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131