over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

older guys that use HGH for longevity/youthfulness

The TRIIM study from 2019 which produced great results regrowing the thymus used 0.045iu per kilogram of bodyweight every other day. So if you are 200lbs, that is 4iu every other day (or 2iu per day).

That was a good study. I always seem to have a better immune system while on a little GH.

54 and I stick to 2iu's year-round. Have run up to 6iu's, but this was just once for a short period of time. Fluctuate between 3 to 4iu's per day here and there when I'm pushing everything a little more. But usually, it's 2iu's for the day.

55 and 2Iu/ED here. As far as what constitutes replacement therapy, I can say that a good friend of mine actually had his Pituitary removed and they gave him 1iu ED. Personally, I'm thinking 2Iu of decent generic probably has me more than covered for the purposes of body comp and anti-aging.

I had been using for a few years in my late 40's. 2 iu's 5 on 2 off, and loved it. Going higher to 4iu was ok but I didn't enjoy the increased side effects even though they were tolerable, extra water rention and hand stiffening.

Just using IGF-1 is a very small part of longevity , FGF is more important, FGF signaling pathway a key regulator of stem cell pluripotency, FGFs are also important for maintenance of the adult brain. Thus, FGFs are major determinants of neuronal survival both during development and during adulthood.

thank you everybody for responding and I would love to hear from more folks! I just started back up at 1iu per day and I’m not getting much face bloat or heart rate and bp issues yet but will try bumping up to 2iu/day soon… also just got some more from one of everybody’s favorite sources on this board so will try switching over and see how that changes things

That was a good study. I always seem to have a better immune system while on a little GH.
54 and I stick to 2iu's year-round. Have run up to 6iu's, but this was just once for a short period of time. Fluctuate between 3 to 4iu's per day here and there when I'm pushing everything a little more. But usually, it's 2iu's for the day.

I use GH year-round but also know that increased GH signaling in almost every preclinical model shortens lifespan.

Short-term vs long-term use? Dose? Cycling GH? Many unknowns. Goals vs. risk/benefit?

I use GH year-round but also know that increased GH signaling in almost every preclinical model shortens lifespan.

Short-term vs long-term use? Dose? Cycling GH? Many unknowns. Goals vs. risk/benefit?
Preclinical means animal studies. What were the human equivalents of the dose used and the duration of the studies? Do you have any metastudies performed over the range of these preclinical studies? What of the human studies in geriatrics that demonstrate increased bone mass, gait, strength etc? What of the meta studies on human testing? I'll be 63 in a few months. Average lifespan decreased from 79 to 76 pre- to post COVID. All my uncles were dead in their 50s. I should be dead soon. I pounded the weights for an hour doing legs and hit the heavy and speed bag for 1/2 hour after that. Stroke any minute. Wish me luck.

Question is, do you want a longer lifespan with potential medical complications that come with old age, or do you want improved quality of life up to the end? With the current protocols we utilize to try and improve quality of life into our later years, is it also possible to extend this quality of life up through an extension of life? Such a mixed bag of modalities to try and use to achieve the outcome we want with no certainty; in the end we choose what makes most sense for ourselves.

All my uncles were dead in their 50s. I should be dead soon. I pounded the weights for an hour doing legs and hit the heavy and speed bag for 1/2 hour after that. Stroke any minute. Wish me luck.
Genetically I'm entering that zone, in my mid 50's now, I wonder how much longer my luck will carry me till it runs out.

68 years next week...honestly I thought my hour had come when I woke up in the intensive care unit...5 bypass surgery...and at the 4 hours mark an hemorrhagic bleeding that doctors could only stop just before giving up...the awakening was unbereable and the followings weeks even worst . I fought my ass off all throughout this ordeal.. I caught myself looking at my wasted body ad thinking " impossible is nothing " and took it day by day . Now 2 years later I feel great and I WILL fulfill my goal-dream to be back on stage . People all around tell me..." take it easy man ...you must rest now ".....I laugh it off....I'M ALIVE MAN.................

I'd love to hear from any older guys that have had success using HGH for longevity and youthful looks etc... I'm late 50s and when i ran 2iu/day last year the water retention made the lines in my face worse while i was on and BP and RHR issues were really not great as well :/
Climber

If you want youthful looks, you NEED a topical retinoid like tazarotene cream (basically topical accutane) or gel. 3 times per week, small pea size amount.

Nothing is as potent at increasing skin collagen (this is what makes you look "old"; loss of collagen and slow cell turnover ; saggy skin and poor complexion and wrinkles).

"anti-aging" is more about prevention. (preventing the loss of skin collagen; avoid excess sun exposure or using sunscreen and using a topical retinoid to keep collagen high).

HGH/IGF-1 keeps the collagen higher but that's more prevention and not "Reversal". Topical retinoid can reverse some aging significantly. (GH won't do it but the increase in water in the skin can sometimes improve appearance)

Remember guys "life extension" and "anti-aging" are two different things.

To extent lifespan (life extension) or prevent debility/skin aging/cognitive loss/fat gain+muscle loss are not the same thing (anti-aging).

Using HGH can upregulate FGF in the body. HGH increases a lot more than just IGF-1 production.

@pickapeck Were your uncles as active as you are? Exercise, being in shape and HRT go a very long way in keeping us healthy. Lifestyle can be as important as genetics.

Thanks for bringing this debate into the discussion.

Maybe it’s my bias speaking but I’m skeptical of this. It seems to be based on the belief that low IGF1 is linked to longer lifespan in animals. I also know low IGF1 is heavily linked to increased disease states like cardiovascular disease in humans. That TRIIM trial (an ongoing TRIIM-X) trial makes me think HGH in physiological doses can actually increase lifespan or be a net neutral.

The jury is still out and I welcome more information/studies on it.

Thanks for bringing this debate into the discussion.

Maybe it’s my bias speaking but I’m skeptical of this. It seems to be based on the belief that low IGF1 is linked to longer lifespan in animals. I also know low IGF1 is heavily linked to increased disease states like cardiovascular disease in humans. That TRIIM trial (an ongoing TRIIM-X) trial makes me think HGH in physiological doses can actually increase lifespan or be a net neutral.

The jury is still out and I welcome more information/studies on it.

IMO, quality of life > Pure longevity, and you can find a sweet spot where they both meet pretty well.

I've seen too many seniors shitting themselves in a vegetative state eating puree crap and staring at a ceiling 24/7 and they keep these poor people alive for decades sometimes. ($$$). Terrible way to "live".

Decline in IGF/HGH can be directly responsible for a lot of "Aging" (fat gain/muscle loss, frailty, "old" skin, erection issues/cardiovascular problems, cognitive decline/memory loss, immune system loss (dying from a cold/flu easily), hair thinning, etc)

Remember guys "life extension" and "anti-aging" are two different things.

To extent lifespan (life extension) or prevent debility/skin aging/cognitive loss/fat gain+muscle loss are not the same thing (anti-aging).

Using HGH can upregulate FGF in the body. HGH increases a lot more than just IGF-1 production.

@pickapeck Were your uncles as active as you are? Exercise, being in shape and HRT go a very long way in keeping us healthy. Lifestyle can be as important as genetics.
After age 30 FGFs will start declining not just hormones, there evidence that FGFs are in charge. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling controls a myriad of processes in embryonic development and in tissue homeostasis and metabolism in the adult, IGF-1 is very important hormone however you need to have normal levels of FGF. My father did at age 52, my mom age 64, my only brother at age 58, I will be 72 this year, the difference is that I changed my life style, I don`t use HGH and if I would not have been introduce to the inventor of the Humanofor Dr. Professor Mihaescu I would probably using HGH , you should have tested your IGF-1 levels before administrating. IGF-1 synthesized primarily in the liver and some FGF but not all FGFs, also there are many other growth factors (not hormones) necessary to stay healthy and live longer, such as NGF, CTGF, EGf.

Here for those want to learn more about growth factors.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK442024/

After age 30 FGFs will start declining not just hormones, there evidence that FGFs are in charge. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling controls a myriad of processes in embryonic development and in tissue homeostasis and metabolism in the adult, IGF-1 is very important hormone however you need to have normal levels of FGF. My father did at age 52, my mom age 64, my only brother at age 58, I will be 72 this year, the difference is that I changed my life style, I don`t use HGH and if I would not have been introduce to the inventor of the Humanofor Dr. Professor Mihaescu I would probably using HGH , you should have tested your IGF-1 levels before administrating. IGF-1 synthesized primarily in the liver and some FGF but not all FGFs, also there are many other growth factors (not hormones) necessary to stay healthy and live longer, such as NGF, CTGF, EGf.

Here for those want to learn more about growth factors.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK442024/

There's a few studies showing HGH = more FGF. That maybe why our FGF goes down after age 30. Age 30 is when we start seeing the decrease in HGH/IGF-1 in most people. HGH is important because it activates many pathways like FGF, IGF-1, BDNF, etc. It's like taking T so you get E2+DHT, instead of just E2/DHT directly (IMO).

Here is a shitty mouse study from a 5 seconds quick google search. , but there are others in humans with acromegaly, etc. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21849508/

There's a few studies showing HGH = more FGF. That maybe why our FGF goes down after age 30. Age 30 is when we start seeing the decrease in HGH/IGF-1 in most people. HGH is important because it activates many pathways like FGF, IGF-1, BDNF, etc. It's like taking T so you get E2+DHT, instead of just E2/DHT directly (IMO).

Here is a shitty mouse study from a 5 seconds quick google search. , but there are others in humans with acromegaly, etc. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21849508/

Always good takes from you. Thanks for this.

Yes , correct fasting will help your liver to produce more FGF -21 however higher circulating FGF21 was associated with the likelihood of sarcopenia, lower muscle mass, and worse grip strength in older adults, that why is very important to test your IGF-1 levels , to much is not good. You need to regulate IGF-1 and all the other FGFs, if is to high you need downregulate if the low you need to upregulate, you mast having all in normal range , is the only way you will have normal cell communications.

In a clinical study entitled,"Biometric Analysis of Controlled Clinical Study for Growth Factor Formulation on Multiple Parameters of Aging Related Dysfunctions", Dr. M. Suarez and colleagues, Dr. Suarez reported that "clinical evidence demonstrates that the replacement of Growth Factors significantly reduced symptoms of aging".
Reference: Suarez, M., et al., "Biometric Analysis of Controlled Clinical Study For Growth Factor Formulation on Multiple Parameters of Aging-Related Dysfunctions", High Tech Research Institute, 2002.

I assume that we still on longevity subject.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131