mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Put in two weeks notice and was told to leave immediately. Unemployment ?

I have been a salesman for a Toyota dealership in Florida. I got a job offer at the biggest Lexus dealership in the world so of course I took it. I went in to put in my two weeks notice and I was asked to leave immediately which means I will be out of work for 2 weeks. Do I qualify for unemployment? This seems to be common practice in the car business.

Are you hurting for money? Is 2weeks no pay gonna put you in s bind? If not then I wouldn't do it man, that's asking for a handout man. But if your going to be behind on bills an things do what you gotta do, that was very wrong of them to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously bro, you knew you were quitting. You don't have any funds set aside?You should of been more responsible. Wasn't you who was trying to figure out if he wanted to lease/buy a BMW or buy GH a few months back?

I'm tired of people who try to weasel the system to get free shit at the expense of tax payers. Its the gov't fault as much is it is our own. You guys shouldn't be encourage this behavior. He'll make it.

WTF? lmao Are some of you serious right now? Some of you must have never worked in the real business world. I think in every business they recommend 2 weeks notice to your employer as it's "good business" and keeps you from burning bridges. It's also the professional thing to do.

I've had my issues with some of the post the OP has made regarding juice, but how is he looking for a hand out or it being his fault that he was responsible and put in his 2 week notice? GTFOH

I guess none of you guys against "looking for a handout" or "trying to weasel the system" have ever had to apply for unemployment huh?

Some of you guys trip me out at how fucking stupid your comments can be.

Pretty common what happened. In fact in a lot of sales being commission based that is gonna happen.
You should of been prepared for it, buy hey learn from it and go kick ass at your new job.

people act like the two weeks notice is some kinda law. Does the business give you the same courtesy? obviously not in this case

ehh...selling cars isnt "the real business world". its commission...no benefits,health ins etc.
in my state they can let you go for no reeason.

WTF? lmao Are some of you serious right now? Some of you must have never worked in the real business world. I think in every business they recommend 2 weeks notice to your employer as it's "good business" and keeps you from burning bridges. It's also the professional thing to do.

I've had my issues with some of the post the OP has made regarding juice, but how is he looking for a hand out or it being his fault that he was responsible and put in his 2 week notice? GTFOH

I guess none of you guys against "looking for a handout" or "trying to weasel the system" have ever had to apply for unemployment huh?

I worked for the biggest car retailer in the country so I didn't want to burn my bridges with them in case I wanted to work for the company again in the future. That's why I put in my 2 weeks notice. They own stores for Kia and Hyundai to Bentley and Maserati.

ehh...selling cars isnt "the real business world". its commission...no benefits,health ins etc.
in my state they can let you go for no reeason.

Most of the country is at will employment. They can fire you for any reason as long as it's not based on race, religion, gender or any form of discrimination. You may not call it the real business world, but it's still not good to burn bridges for past employers. I've owned businesses and worked for some very large corps, either way when you burn bridges it can come back to haunt you.

He did nothing wrong here. my advice, take the next two weeks to relax, train hard then make a killing at the new dealership. good luck with it

You must live under rock. Getting let go after putting in your two weeks is very common. He should of been prepared for this. His company doesn't him a damn thing, nor the gov't. It was his choice to leave- free will. Amnd no he was 2 weeks unemployment. Fuck that. You must be a free loader yourself.

Most of the country is at will employment. They can fire you for any reason as long as it's not based on race, religion, gender or any form of discrimination. You may not call it the real business world, but it's still not good to burn bridges for past employers. I've owned businesses and worked for some very large corps, either way when you burn bridges it can come back to haunt you.

He did nothing wrong here. my advice, take the next two weeks to relax, train hard then make a killing at the new dealership. good luck with it

Again your completely missing the point. 2 weeks notice is a common courtesy, yes and it is the right thing to do. However expecting that company to keep you for another 2 weeks just because you let them know your quitting in 2 weeks doesn't guarantee you 2 weeks more of work. People get let go all the time after putting in there notice. The point is he decided to leave he should of had some money stowed way.

Again your completely missing the point. 2 weeks notice is a common courtesy, yes and it is the right thing to do. However expecting that company to keep you for another 2 weeks just because you let them know your quitting in 2 weeks doesn't guarantee you 2 weeks more of work. People get let go all the time after putting in there notice. The point is he decided to leave he should of had some money stowed way.

Your logic is retarded...

OP should have had money stowed away because he had courtesy and put in his 2 weeks notice but the company decided to fuck him anyway?

But he would be a complete dick if he quit on the 12th and never showed up again, right? Or maybe the company should've had extra employees stowed away too? :rolleyes:

Hey man, burning bridges works both ways, it's not looking for a hand out. As a business owner myself, if someone gives me notice, I'd be more than happy to help them, they're helping me as well. And it's simple, every employee should have a "no compete" contract. But if an employee bails on me, especially to go to the competition, you better believe I'm going out of my way to rip their name apart.

Courtesy for courtesy, respect for respect. In this case, the company was wrong. Period.

If you came to me and gave me two weeks, I'd let you go too. Why would they want you to work there? I thought you have previously talked about making 100k plus, but now you're making a stink about two weeks worth of work? Kumon man.

Last edited:
It's not about the money guys. I can be out of work for a year and still be okay. I have put money aside. My point is since they put me out of work for two weeks shouldn't I get compensated for that. I wish I could start working at the new place today but their training program doesn't start till the 13th. I have seen them do the same to many guys so I don't think I was treated any differently.

I cant imagine you broke any company policy so yes you are entitled.
If you apply for the unemployment (which you deserve) the company might think twice on doing the same thing to the next guy. Plus you will get a nice little check for filling out some paperwork and waiting on the phone a couple times.

I cant imagine you broke any company policy so yes you are entitled.
If you apply for the unemployment (which you deserve) the company might think twice on doing the same thing to the next guy. Plus you will get a nice little check for filling out some paperwork and waiting on the phone a couple times.

idk...i dont think so. he wasnt "Laid off". he basicly quit.

You got off easy compared to me(trying to do the right thing involving work). I had a doctors note that stated I be put on light duty for two weeks when working for the 2nd largest food distributor as a delivery driver. I was naive because I had always done the right thing and worked hard, even when the company was having me work in situations that were technically illegal.
Was told not to come into work and get checked out by another dr. And then they fired me exactly one month to the day I turned in that Dr's note.
Said it was because I had reported incidents like we were supposed to but it wasn't in my file. Was another person's job to put those incidents in my file.
So I followed rules by the book, killed my body for the company, and was rewarded by being fired.

It's not about the money guys. I can be out of work for a year and still be okay. I have put money aside. My point is since they put me out of work for two weeks shouldn't I get compensated for that. I wish I could start working at the new place today but their training program doesn't start till the 13th. I have seen them do the same to many guys so I don't think I was treated any differently.

Dude, you sound like a whiner...........seriously .....let it go.

Well I never applied for unemployment cause I don't want someone paying for my fucking life! You wanna dog on me cause I didn't think once sbout applying for unemployment or being a welfare fuck?! Are you kidding me, don't even get me fucking started im already mad as fuck about that simple as statement, shit like that having a mindset like that.... I was raised by a good man an ill leave it at that.

Well I never applied for unemployment cause I don't want someone paying for my fucking life! You wanna dog on me cause I didn't think once sbout applying for unemployment or being a welfare fuck?! Are you kidding me, don't even get me fucking started im already mad as fuck about that simple as statement, shit like that having a mindset like that.... I was raised by a good man an ill leave it at that.

Sorry didn't mean to cuss so much I tried to edit it, I'm not trying to a shithead I apologize for cussing an being rude JustWannaBeHuge. I am very concerned with my self-dignity knowing that someone won't pay for anything I haven't earned

If you came to me and gave me two weeks, I'd let you go too. Why would they want you to work there? I thought you have previously talked about making 100k plus, but now you're making a stink about two weeks worth of work? Kumon man.

Totally agree with this. Sales is like competitive sports. Your a competitor now and could takes leads and other vital stuff to your new home. You should have planned this as part of your exit. If you didn't know, now you do for the future. They don't owe you shit as again your a competitor and on another team. Their loyalty to you ceases like yours did upon quitting.

Last edited:

he's 100% correct about 'at will' employment

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Zcrowe18
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner