advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

[Discussion] The IFBB announces changes to Classic Physique category weight caps effective immediately

Wait… the way I take it is the total opposite. It’s capping the weight according to height. A guy that’s 5’7” can only weigh 192lbs but a 6’ dude can weigh 227lb.
I'm 5'6 just beach ready at 195 I look alot bigger fuller than a 6' guy beach ready at 225lbs. Not quite apples and oranges. But I can see this being a short guy's class.

Is this the right move, and good for the sport? supposedly this will benefit the smaller guys. Also, it appears Breon Ansley has already announced, based on this, he is going back to classic...
Just another move to push athletes to do dangerous shit to make weight. If you’re over the weight for 6’1 do they push u into the 6’3 class? Or are you just fucked for your show you spent MONTHS prepping for? Every other weight restricted sport is trying to find ways to lessen the weight cap health problems and the IFBB is looking to make it worse, as usual.

Just another move to push athletes to do dangerous shit to make weight. If you’re over the weight for 6’1 do they push u into the 6’3 class? Or are you just fucked for your show you spent MONTHS prepping for? Every other weight restricted sport is trying to find ways to lessen the weight cap health problems and the IFBB is looking to make it worse, as usual.

If you're over the weight cap then you go to open..

Im curious to hear how you think this makes the health problems worse?

My first classic physique competition they had abc and d class. I was d class. There was a guy, winner of the class, who standing forehead to forehead was a smidge shorter. I measured in at six ft two in this competition. This guy weighed 238 which was over his height, weight ratio. They let it slide and put six foot three on the paper so he could compete.

My first classic physique competition they had abc and d class. I was d class. There was a guy, winner of the class, who standing forehead to forehead was a smidge shorter. I measured in at six ft two in this competition. This guy weighed 238 which was over his height, weight ratio. They let it slide and put six foot three on the paper so he could compete.

Yep, many people don't realize you lose height when you are dieted down and dehydrated. That needs to be accounted for in the planning stage.

You were standing forehead to forehead with another man? What were you two doing, kissing?

Typical NPC bullshit , they won't let an entry fee get away

If you're over the weight cap then you go to open..

Im curious to hear how you think this makes the health problems worse?
Diuretics, clen, T3, water restriction cutting weight is pretty much the most dangerous thing we do.

Diuretics, clen, T3, water restriction cutting weight is pretty much the most dangerous thing we do.
Men's physique and open body builders use all of the above and they don't even have a weight cap to speak of. I don't disagree with the part about cutting weight being dangerous. I just don't get how this move made anything more dangerous.

Men's physique and open body builders use all of the above and they don't even have a weight cap to speak of. I don't disagree with the part about cutting weight being dangerous. I just don't get how this move made anything more dangerous.
Unless you’re a SHW there’s a weight cap in every class for open. Dropping the weight means guys have to drop more weight which is often the danger.

Unless you’re a SHW there’s a weight cap in every class for open. Dropping the weight means guys have to drop more weight which is often the danger.
They RAISED the weights though, not dropped, and I do believe this is only classic.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws