over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Shaun “the dinosaur” Davis

• Thread starter Deleted member 226465
  • Start date
The more I get into BB the more I realise Bostin really wasn’t far off the truth with what some (probably more than we’d think) do to go far in BB. I think especially for the 90’s guys it was a Russian roulette mentality. Go all in and some made it out the other side and some didn’t mostly down to genetics.
Now of course we have ways to monitor health and means readily available to aid health but even so I think guys are doing the same stuff just with added health aids
Dude, people only remember him by the wild shit he did when he was young..when he got older his tune changed on a lot of his stuff..but the stuff he said about pros never really changed..I’m in the same boat as you on him

Dude, people only remember him by the wild shit he did when he was young..when he got older his tune changed on a lot of his stuff..but the stuff he said about pros never really changed..I’m in the same boat as you on him
I wonder if partly initially it was an extremely smart OTT approach just for the shock factor and to get a following cause I do agree a lot of his initial stuff was just stupid like 13g/week or something

But yeah towards the end he realised and was quite public in saying his initial stuff was wrong and everything else did matter it wasn’t just gear and mega amounts

Mildly on a similar topic was there ever a somewhat conclusive finding on what Dallas Mccarver was running I remember hearing that his bloods equated to like 12g of test or something astronomical

The more I get into BB the more I realise Bostin really wasn’t far off the truth with what some (probably more than we’d think) do to go far in BB. I think especially for the 90’s guys it was a Russian roulette mentality. Go all in and some made it out the other side and some didn’t mostly down to genetics.
Now of course we have ways to monitor health and means readily available to aid health but even so I think guys are doing the same stuff just with added health aids

If Bostyn used everything he said he was taking, his own experiment clearly showed that genetic response to drugs is the key. Kevin Levrone could be at the other extreme, crazy response. Flex also transformed in a few weeks according to Milos' statements (which you should take with a grain of salt as he is prone to exaggeration), but even a natural Flex, or Ronnie or Kay, would have been a better athlete than Bostyn, Rich and many other abusers.

May he RIP......If that's accurate its a miracle he got to 57....... sounds like UKs version of Bostin Lloyd
I don't know about the USA because I don't know many US bodybuilders personally but in Europe you would be surprised how many top PRO bodybuilders use similar doses nowadays - of course officially they say things like - 1g of test is too much for me...

Kevin Levrone could be at the other extreme

People really believe that Levrone really only took gear a short period before the Olympia - which was basically his livelihood?

Lmao

I guess he wasn’t using any gear during those Arnold classics against Wheeler

Or those other shows

While everyone else was blasting constantly, he was totally clean.. haha

Which is kinda wild because you’re seeing a lot of guys today start to peak in their late 30s. I believe Hadi is 40 at this point. I think Curry was in his late 30s when he won his O.
Do you think they may be starting later than before? I dunno. Just throwing it out there.

Dorian no for sure. We have seen fotos of him in his teens. And Brad, we have seen early fotos of him. Others?

People really believe that Levrone really only took gear a short period before the Olympia - which was basically his livelihood?

Lmao

I guess he wasn’t using any gear during those Arnold classics against Wheeler

Or those other shows

While everyone else was blasting constantly, he was totally clean.. haha

I didn't follow bodybuilding in his day, but he seemed to take long breaks from competition, training and gear. Obviously, when he was in prep mode, he was doing the same as the rest of the guys.

Now, when you look at his competitions, I don't know when it was that he was taking breaks because he was doing all these post-Olympia tours in Europe, and in March he was doing the Arnold.

Do you think they may be starting later than before? I dunno. Just throwing it out there.

Dorian no for sure. We have seen fotos of him in his teens. And Brad, we have seen early fotos of him. Others?
I think a lot of the younger guys certainly in the UK at least are getting into the classic and physique side of it more than open BB then IF they eventually do build the size to switch over they will be older

That’s what I’ve noticed as a current trend

I wonder if partly initially it was an extremely smart OTT approach just for the shock factor and to get a following cause I do agree a lot of his initial stuff was just stupid like 13g/week or something

But yeah towards the end he realised and was quite public in saying his initial stuff was wrong and everything else did matter it wasn’t just gear and mega amounts

Mildly on a similar topic was there ever a somewhat conclusive finding on what Dallas Mccarver was running I remember hearing that his bloods equated to like 12g of test or something astronomical
Around the same era we had Paul borreson with his shotgun approach to cycling on the uk scene.

Around the same era we had Paul borreson with his shotgun approach to cycling on the uk scene.
It’s interesting for some guys they seem to push it high then say it wasn’t necessary (Dave crosland comes to mind for UK guys) then others seem to have success (chase irons again top of my head and current)

Wow, this thread got super interesting. I remember a dude from the gym(mid 90's)that was basically like a heroin addict but with steroids. He would literally do monkey shit all day to hustle up whatever money he could and then hit his dealers house. His dealer said he would see him 5 out of 7 days a week and whatever he bought he used that day. Well this dude was ducking huge like 6 2 280lbs with abs at like 19 years old...wound up getting jaundice had to quit. I was a year younger than him and he just shattered whatever pro dreams(delusions) I had at the time.

Honestly have no clue why - just wanted to point out how wild it is that someone like Rich Gaspari retired in his late 20s when we have open guys today competing at 40. I think Rhoden was over 40 when he won.

Hadi is in my age - 35
My bad - I think because he’s Iranian we had incomplete biographical information for a while. I remember googling him a few years back and one website said he was 44 lol.

Honestly have no clue why - just wanted to point out how wild it is that someone like Rich Gaspari retired in his late 20s when we have open guys today competing at 40. I think Rhoden was over 40 when he won.

Rhoden's age at the time, 43 years and 5 months, made him the oldest Mr. Olympia titleholder

I agree with you . . . why now?

Maybe it’s a generational thing.

Can’t imagine it takes longer for muscle maturity (even if there is such a thing).

Good question and observation though.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner