over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Selank

great info! thanx

JJ which peptide do you think is best for anxiety/lowering heart rate?

Definitely Selank. Everything I've heard from user experience is positive. It makes life much easier to handle.

Selank and its derivatives had a significant antiulcer effect by increasing the resistance of the gastric mucosa to the factors that contributed to the formation of ulcers.

The neurobiochemical spectrum of selank action combines mechanisms which are characteristics of antidepressants and psychostimulants: activation of the brain monoaminergic systems, dopamine synthesis and turnover, and modulation of the tyrosine hydroxylase activity.

Selank is known as both an anxiolytic (reliever of anxiety) and nootropic (it makes you smart), plus it has anti-viral properties.

[Comparison of the effects of selank and tuftsin on the metabolism of serotonin in the brain of rats pretreated with PCPA].

[Article in Russian]
Semenova TP, kozlovskiĭ II, Zakharova NM, Kozlovskaia MM.

Abstract

Effects of the peptide drugs selank (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) and tuftsin (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg) on the metabolism of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) in the brain of Wistar rats preliminarily treated with the 5-HT-synthesis inhibitor p-chlorophenylalanine (PCPA, 320 mg/kg, i.p., 4 days before experiment) have been studied on a group of 87 matured rats. It is established that selank enhances the 5-HT metabolism in the brain stem 30 min after injection to animals pretreated with PCPA. In contrast to selank, tuftsin induced no changes in the 5-HT metabolism in the brain stem and decreased it in the neocortex on the same time scale. The data obtained suggest that the peptide drug selank can be used for the correction of disturbances induced by a decrease in 5-HT metabolism.

Selank has no sedating or cognitive side effects and no associated addiction or withdrawal syndrome.

Last edited:
Selank Has An Advantage Over Traditional Anxiety Treatments, Such As Benzodiazepines, As It Has No Sedating ... NO Addiction Or Withdrawal ...

[Protective effect of selank on the model of mnestic function violation induced by pharmacological blockade of protein synthesis].

AuthorsKozlovskiĭ II, et al. Show all Journal
Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2013;76(12):3-7. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
We have studied the ability of peptide anxiolytic selank (Thr-Lyz-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) to compensate for mnestic dysfunction caused by the administration of actinomycin D, which inhibits protein synthesis by blocking DNA-dependent RNA polymerase. The experiments were performed on white rats with acquired adaptive ability of spatial visual orientation in a 16-door labyrinth. The learning was based on the avoidance of electric skin irritation at alternating sites of escape reaction (site reflex). Selank (0.5 mg/kg, i.p.) prevented or compensated for actinomycin D (250 mg/kg, i.p.) induced violation of the process of acquisition, improvement, and consolidation of memory trace during the development of a complex site reflex. The drug administration also reduced the time required for acquisition of the adaptive ability of spatial visual orientation in the labyrinth and restored the actinomycin D violated process of re-learning upon a change in the alternation of escape sites under free-choice conditions.

SELANK FOR DEPRESSION

[Effects of heptapeptide selank on genetically-based and situation-provoked symptoms of depression in behavior in WAG/Rij and Wistar rats, and in BALB/c mice].

AuthorsSarkisova KIu, et al. Show all Journal
Zh Vyssh Nerv Deiat Im I P Pavlova. 2008 Mar-Apr;58(2):226-37. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
A synthetic derivative of the endogenous peptide tuftsin heptapeptide selank (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) possesses an anxiolytic and psychostimulant effect, and represents a working element of a new peptide drug having completed the third phase of the clinical testing as a selective anxiolytic. The neurobiochemical spectrum of selank action combines mechanisms which are characteristics of antidepressants and psychostimulants: activation of the brain monoaminergic systems, dopamine synthesis and turnover, and modulation of the tyrosine hydroxylase activity. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of selank in a new model of inherited (genetically-based) symptoms of depression in behavior of inbred WAG/Rij rats in comparison with its effect on situation-provoked symptoms of depression in behavior of BALB/c mice. Outbred Wistar rats constituted control group. Selank in high doses (1000-2000 microg/kg), after repeated injection counteracted symptoms of depression in behavior of WAG/Rij rats (increased immobilization in the forced swimming test and decreased sucrose intake or preference (anhedonia)). Selank in low doses (100 and 300 microg/kg) after single injection reduced the duration of immobility of BALB/c mice in the forced swimming test, but did not exert significant effect after repeated injection or after injection in high doses (600 and 900 microg/kg). Selank did not affect the level of general locomotor activity and anxiety in WAG/Rij rats, and did not exert substantial effect on the behavior of control Wistar rats. The results demonstrate the presence of antidepressant component in the spectrum of neuropsychotrophyc activity of selank and indicate the higher reliability of a new experimental model of depression (the WAG/Rij rats) as compared to the standard forced swimming test for the determination of antidepressant activity of a pharmacological drug.

Am I reading this right? Low dose worked better?

My concern is even the "low" dose in this experiment would need like 8-24mg/day for human use... right?

Last edited:
Am I reading this right? Low dose worked better?

My concern is even the "low" dose in this experiment would need like 8-24mg/day for human use... right?

Human dosing and rat dosing are different in terms of mcg/kg ratio. If you did a straight conversion then it would come out to 10mg for a 220Lb rat but the human dose is much much lower. I believe it's 1.62mg per day. Someone posted a human to rat conversion formula. I'll find it now and post it here....one second :

Please read... Dose translation from animal to human studies revisited

The correct formula for calculating a Human Equivalent Dose (HED) is the following:

Therefore:
Rat Km Value = 6
Human Km Value = 37
(ref here)

HED (mg/kg) = 10 (mg/kg) x ( 6 / 37 )
HED (mg/kg) = 1.62

For a 100kg or 220lb subject this would only require 162 mcg per day, NOT 1mg.

My research

My research today of superior peptides selank has been awesome definitely g2g. Will me trying more of their products soon! I experiences more calmness I havent felt for a long time. I was skeptical at first but this shit is great. You dont bug out over the stupid little things that cause anxiety. I took about 100mcg twice today to gauge how i feel. I think i might try 250mcg twice tomorrow. Is there any tolerance that builds up?

My research today of superior peptides selank has been awesome definitely g2g. Will me trying more of their products soon! I experiences more calmness I havent felt for a long time. I was skeptical at first but this shit is great. You dont bug out over the stupid little things that cause anxiety. I took about 100mcg twice today to gauge how i feel. I think i might try 250mcg twice tomorrow. Is there any tolerance that builds up?

That's awesome! I've recommended this to 3 people and all said the same thing. It's a great product!

I'm not sure if a tolerance builds or not.

Anyone know the answer?

Efficacy of Peptide Anxiolytic Selank during Modeling of Withdrawal Syndrome in Rats with Stable Alcoholic Motivation.

AuthorsKolik LG, et al. Show all Journal
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2014 May;157(1):52-5. doi: 10.1007/s10517-014-2490-4. Epub 2014 Jun 10.

Affiliation
Abstract
We studied the effects of selank on the development of symptoms of acute 48-h alcohol withdrawal in outbred rats drinking 10 % ethanol as the only source of fluid for 24 weeks. In alcohol-preferring animals (mean daily ethanol intake >5.0 g/kg) allowed free choice between 10 % ethanol and water, single intraperitoneal injection of selank in a dose of 0.3 mg/kg eliminated anxiety induced by ethanol withdrawal in tests elevated plus maze and social interaction tests and prevented the formation of mechanical allodynia without affecting ethanol consumption. The findings suggest that selank is effective in eliminating of alcohol withdrawal symptoms in rats.

Selank, noopept & oxytocin

JJ what are your thoughts on stacking all 3, I think this might a great stack?
I would like your honest feed back.

thanks
tmax

How long do you feel the effects last from one dose?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

That's awesome! I've recommended this to 3 people and all said the same thing. It's a great product!

I'm not sure if a tolerance builds or not.

Anyone know the answer?

In my reads people say that the effects last for 1 to 1 1/2 days after stopping taking Selank.

JJ what are your thoughts on stacking all 3, I think this might a great stack?
I would like your honest feed back.

thanks
tmax

Try it and log it. I haven't got to try noopept or selank yet so I have nothing to go by. I've had guys say selank is a life savior in regards to making their stressful day tolerable. I've heard noopept really gives a clear mental state and makes thought processes run much smoother. Oxytocin really relaxes you. It would make an interesting log for sure.

Try it and log it. I haven't got to try noopept or selank yet so I have nothing to go by. I've had guys say selank is a life savior in regards to making their stressful day tolerable. I've heard noopept really gives a clear mental state and makes thought processes run much smoother. Oxytocin really relaxes you. It would make an interesting log for sure.

JJ

I am going to place my order for all 3 first thing in the morning Just got home from a business trip. I will start a log as soon as I receive, and since I have been clean of everything for the last 18 months I should be able to notice very quickly.

tmax

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner