over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slinnnnnn Saving My Life

Unless you manage to find yourself in a scenario where there are 0 carbs available anywhere close and you mindlessly pin a bunch of slin, you won’t die. Even then, remember the liver glycogen has reserves.

Many people have literally tried to attempt suicide with insulin and failed.

Don’t underestimate the stupid. I know somebody that literally used a 3CC syringe, thinking each tick was one IU and went into a diabetic coma. Luckily came out of it alright at the hospital.

Don’t underestimate the stupid. I know somebody that literally used a 3CC syringe, thinking each tick was one IU and went into a diabetic coma. Luckily came out of it alright at the hospital.
It is getting real dangerous if folks miscalculate, pin after the gym and afterwards drive home.

Totally agree. Some of these guys responses on here… LOL

As someone married to a type 1 diabetic and who uses insulin myself, you can absolutely die from not getting enough carbs during a low.

10g per unit is a good and safe starting point. As someone who’s also worked with Milos- he suggest 10g per unit, but the lowest he will have his guys go is 7g and leaves that at their discretion.

But, he also has his guys get 250g of carbs in within 1.5 hours post workout as well though so not sure the “average” bodybuilder should follow and dive into that. Lol

Now I haven’t read through everything but dont you think you should get your blood sugar levels under control instead of using slin ?

are you not just digging a deeper hole?

P.s sesh i like you bro 😄😄 just trying to understand whats going on

Now I haven’t read through everything but dont you think you should get your blood sugar levels under control instead of using slin ?

If he wasn’t using GH I’d agree with you but high doses of GH especially over a prolonged period of time necessitate the use of insulin.

I’m not a doctor or a professional coach but I don’t believe there is any way I will be able to continue to eat 600 plus grams of carbs a day without Slin no matter what kind of reset I do. I def can reset and then go back into my maintenance diet if 150-200 a day and be fine but as long as I am trying to grow with high carbs and GH this seems to be my only option.

“My brother is getting married next weekend in SF so I’m going to essentially do this while there. Not bringing any Slin or GH with me. Pinning my Test before the flight. Plan to keep carbs almost zero for the weekend with fasted morning cardio each day at the hotel.” This is from a previous post I made. This upcoming trip and then Africa a few weeks later will give my body a break as I will drop down to maintenance carbs with Berberine.

Not to put you on blast but that’s the most generic broscience nonsense that gets parroted on every board
Not defending broscience but to be fair to those parroting 10g carbs per 1iu slin, that is what diabetics are taught when they first start on insulin. I think its as others have said that its a safe place to start. Don't start where you think you might end up. Start at a safe place and titrate the carbs down from there. If you're bulking though i dont really understand the point of using the least amount of carbs per unit of insulin. Well, i guess the flipside of that is the maximum units of insulin for a given amount of carbs, so i guess that makes sense.

It is getting real dangerous if folks miscalculate, pin after the gym and afterwards drive home.
This has always made me crazy. "I pin in the parking lot and then drive 10 mins home" dipshit, what if you hit traffic or get in an accident, or anything that prolongs your drive home to carbs?

Not defending broscience but to be fair to those parroting 10g carbs per 1iu slin, that is what diabetics are taught when they first start on insulin. I think its as others have said that its a safe place to start. Don't start where you think you might end up. Start at a safe place and titrate the carbs down from there. If you're bulking though i dont really understand the point of using the least amount of carbs per unit of insulin. Well, i guess the flipside of that is the maximum units of insulin for a given amount of carbs, so i guess that makes sense.
I’m just saying don’t take it as gospel. So many other factors at play.

This has always made me crazy. "I pin in the parking lot and then drive 10 mins home" dipshit, what if you hit traffic or get in an accident, or anything that prolongs your drive home to carbs?
Again, this is why you should always a Gatorade or some glucose tablets with you at all times.

If you're bulking though i dont really understand the point of using the least amount of carbs per unit of insulin. Well, i guess the flipside of that is the maximum units of insulin for a given amount of carbs, so i guess that makes sense.

It’s not so much about bulking or cutting. When you take too many carbs, even with insulin, you expose yourself to prolonged hyperglycemia. Exogenous insulin already compromises our body’s own ability to lower blood sugar for hours after it’s active life. Hyperglycemia will lead to nerve damage, arterial wall damage, among a host of other issues. It’s never smart to use as many carbs per IU, even if you’re bulking. As discussed before, a beginner should absolutely start at 10IU but they need a blood glucose monitor to track and use the appropriate volume of carbs moving forward.

Unless you manage to find yourself in a scenario where there are 0 carbs available anywhere close and you mindlessly pin a bunch of slin, you won’t die. Even then, remember the liver glycogen has reserves.

This is true. The rapid acting insulin we tend to use wouldn't cause hypoglycemia long enough to kill you. You could for sure pass out, maybe wake up a little dumber than before but you wouldn't die. Now, lantus or levemir is a different story, you can kill yourself with those if the dose is high enough.
i can't cite a study on that, although they probably exist, but i did hear that straight from an endocrinologist's mouth.
He told me a story of a dude who attempted suicide w lantus by injecting a huge bolus in one spot. He said they had him on a D10% drip and they still couldn't get his sugars up. A surgeon caught wind of it and proposed that he could just surgically remove the subcutaneous tissue holding the huge amount of lantus, which he did and the guy survived. The endo said the moral of the story was that the guy would have likely succeeded had he injected the same amount of lantus in several different areas all over his body, so it couldn't have just been cut out. Kind of morbid but you get doctors going and they can tell some fucked up stories

It is also one of the most effective, ‘undetectable’ ways to kill somebody.

Or maybe I have read too many true crime books.

It is also one of the most effective, ‘undetectable’ ways to kill somebody.

Or maybe I have read too many true crime books.
Respectfully, too many crime novels 🙂 although people do it. Checking a peptide C level can distinguish between endo- and exogenous insulin. Peptide C levels should closely match endogenous insulin levels. No peptide C w exo- insulin. Like, if someone died from hypoglycemia and there was little to no peptide C in the blood that would strongly point to exogenous insulin. Although there can be some weird, rare stuff with abnormally high endogenous IGF molecules

Respectfully, too many crime novels 🙂 although people do it. Checking a peptide C level can distinguish between endo- and exogenous insulin. Peptide C levels should closely match endogenous insulin levels. No peptide C w exo- insulin

👍

“True” crime.

At the risk of taking this thread sideways . . .

Not preaching.

Insulin is a not a toy to be played with. It is a powerful ‘tool’ when properly utilized. But it is not without some short and long term risks.

I think it is the Chinese that have a symbol that mean’s both opportunity and danger.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws