over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Time to Get Strong Journal

Because I feel better mentally to stand on the carpet.

Because I feel better mentally to stand on the carpet.

Well, hopefully the carpet doesnt get in the way if you just step back like one step. If you can stop walking it back so far youll probably pick up at least 10 lbs or so. Youre tiring yourself out walking like that, and I would think its hard to regain concentration.

Thursday April 10th

Dead Lift
10x135
5x225
3x315
Switch to over/under grip
1x405
1x495(Hard)
1x525(A lot eaiser, but I set up to fast)
1x550 miss didn't even break the floor
1x550

Notes: I think I tried 550 a total of 3 times, but I can't remember, I know I got it on my last set though. And I will say it was the single hardest thing I've ever done thus far in the gym..I fought for that lift like my life depended on it, I balled up everything that pissed me off today and let the bar have it.
My hamstrings and lower back are crazy tight.
I'm going to open around 275 on bench, and 501.5 on dead lift come the meet.
Kinda pissed I gota open so low on DL, but shit happens.

Well, hopefully the carpet doesnt get in the way if you just step back like one step. If you can stop walking it back so far youll probably pick up at least 10 lbs or so. Youre tiring yourself out walking like that, and I would think its hard to regain concentration.

Just something else for me to work on. I'll try next time to just take 1 step back /w 1 foot, then position my other one next to it.

Friday April 2nd

Just did some pull shit stuff today.

10x135 squats
10x205 squats

quad and ham stretch

Did maybe 15 pull ups and like 10 dips.

10 mins cardio

Notes: my lower back is pretty sore from dead lifting, but it's not a hurt sore like when I injuried it.
My hamstrings are also sore as fuck...and I guess I need to work on my lock out shit..I think for the next 7 months, I'm going to keep doing the 531, and follow shanes advice about accessory work..maybe not as much as he does b/c everyone knows I hate it, but a fair bit.

10 mins cardio today

Notes: Super pumped for Saturday, holy shit.

Saturday April 10th
meet day baby!

If you don't want to read the whole thing, just watch my videos atleast and read the first 3 paragraphs/sentences.

First, I would like to think all my family, friends, training partners and the support online for making this possible. A huge thank you to each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

If you like my videos, please just post a comment give it a thumbs up.

The guy hosting the meet (David) was nice enough to let me do both the bench part for myself, to get a personal record and dead lift.
I weighed in at 188 on Friday and was in the 170-195 class (I know, wtf?)

The rule briefing started at 8 am, my grandmother let me spend the night with her so I didn't have to drive so far.
I was so nervous this morning I would literally just look at the food and I'd gag and dry heave...I finally was able to get some down.

1st attempt:
275x1
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuZtYG2GaAc[/YOUTUBE]

I felt really good on it, got it easy, after this one I was a new person, no longer nervious and not talking a mile a minute.

2nd Attempt:
300x1 Miss?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ustGggph2q0[/YOUTUBE]

I felt strong, the best I got in the gym was 295..so I decided just to go for a PR and get 300. I got 2 reds on it b/c my butt was up.
However, Renee, a power lifting judge who was sitting at my feet said it didn't come up and it might have been because of my baggy sweat pants.
It was Davids first meet, and the judges recently got certified about 2 days ago..I know Renee wouldn't say that if it wasn’t true and she'd call me in a heartbeat..so I won't count it as a meet lift per say, but I did get 300 and I'll use that as my training max..it took me about 3 years but I finally got to the 300 pound club!

I took a 3rd attempt /w 300 to say I got it in the meet, I was out of gas and didn't get it.

My friend Kyle got a free sample from some guys giving them out..It’s called White Lighting..and I highly suggest you take 1 serving or try it out before hand. More on that later.

Dead lifts

500x1 Attempt 1 Good
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04dzRgdbO0[/YOUTUBE]

Felt good, looked good, I was happy with how it turned out.

525x1 Attempt 2 Good
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNy0yo07b9A[/YOUTUBE]

Also felt good.

550x1 Attempt 3(PR kind of) Good
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxijAelpJhs[/YOUTUBE]

This is a PR because I didn't know it at the time, but we were using a regular power bar, and not the Oakie we brought..Which makes it a lot harder, so I figure I could have gotten another 10-25 pounds if I had the good bar.

560x1 Attempt 4 Miss
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0IqXId6Zo[/YOUTUBE]

I felt good on 550 so i wanted to go for broke..I wasn’t happy /w not setting a PR b/c I didn't know about the bar.
I felt like I might have been able to muscle it up, but I didn't want to take a chance of risking injury, bottom line I didn't get it.

Now, those pills I took were scary..never again.
I took them, and almost passed out 4 times after each dead lift attempt.
I held my breath the whole time, and after words I was in a different world..I couldn't hear anything, and I barely kept vision of everything..real scary, but I was good after about 20 seconds after each lift.

Now I will say I fell in love /w the platform from the March meet I went to, but this really kicked it for me. I'm going to do my Nov meet still as planned, and I can't wait to smash my PRs. I'm going to try my best to smash a world record in that federation in the junior division for dead lift.

I got 2nd place..They totaled it weird..Instead of pound for pound, they added up the total of your 3 lifts and who ever had the highest won..god bless Shane who got 720 DL and lost to someone who got 500 twice.
Had I know how they were going to total the winner, I might have done something different, but it's no biggie, I'm glad to have the experience under my belt..I need to drink a lot more water before hand.

I have a new best friend for meets, and his name is Ammonia caps. :D
I also got some advice from Joe(Shanes coach) about my form and what I need to work on.
I need to get my hips down more..I'll lower the weight and just hammer this for a couple months.
and 2. I need to strength my lower back a LOT..he didn't tell me that, but I can feel it.

The guy who got first was Kyle, my buddy from the gym, and I believe he should have won it. I'm happy /w the results and can't wait to get back onto the platform again soon.

I highly encourage anyone reading this if they're thinking about doing a meet, go ahead and do it, your excuse might be I’m not strong enough..Well guess what? You'll never be strong enough, so just go have fun, and smash some records.

Thanks everyone for reading and watching my videos!

Monday April 19th
Week 1 Wave 7

Squat
5x135
5x205
3x250
------
5x290
5x335
5x+(8)380

250x20

Quad stretch 90 seconds

Ham curl
100#x3x15

Notes: Felt good to be back, but I didn't feel like myself today..the last 3 reps on my squat were kinda ugly..I hope next week I'll feel better.

5x135
5x155
-----
3x180
5x205
5x+(9)235

Incline
10x180

Tri Hell

Chest stretch
60# 60 sec

Lat pulldown
150#x3x15

Notes: P good workout..I need to do some cardio...my chest felt like it was 15 inches thick when I got done.

Thursday april 22nd

deadlift
Did form work...245 for more reps than I wanted to remember..prob around 30 or 40..working on form.

Did SLDL 5x10 185

Donkey calf raises 3x12

Friday April 23rd
Wave 7(4) Week 1

SoP
5x60
5x75
3x90
--
5x110
5x120
5x+(7+3)135

Did some pull ups between sets

3x15 dips Had to stop b/c I had a big bump and I was hitting failure

did some bi curls
35#x10 35#x5

Was useless after this.

Notes: Good workout I guess..I hope I can stay commited to SoP for once.

Monday April 26th
Week 2 Wave 7

Squat
5x135
5x205
3x250
-----
3x315
3x365
3x+(6)405

Widow maker
285x20

Quad stretch
90 secs

Notes: I feel really sick like I'm gona throw up after squatting today..I got the widow maker P easy..so that' felt good..405 felt good too, I could have gotten 1-2 more I think, and it's a PR.

Tuesday April 27th
Week 2 Wave 7

Flat Bench Press

5x95
5x135
3x155
-------
3x190
3x220
3x+(7)245

Incline Press
185x6 or 7

Tri Hell
Needs to be lowered

Chest Stretch
60# 65+ sec

Lat Pulldown
155#x3x15

Notes:
Good workout, need to lower weight on the Tri hell, and also get 1 more board..i thgink we're missing either 3 or 4.

Thursday April 29th
Week 2 Wave 7

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
265xa ton

SLDL 225x3x10

Notes: Just working on form..I'm having my hips a littler higher than normal so I can driver easier and it feels less awkward...maybe 1 inch above parallel.

Friday April 30th
Week 2 Wave 7

SoP
5x60
5x75
3x90
----
3x115
3x125
3x+(6+2)140

4x15 sets dips
2x15 hypers

Did a set of 7 pull ups between everything pretty much

Notes: Decent workout, first time doing it over at cook.

Monday May 3rd
Week 3 Wave 7
Squats
5x165
5x205
3x250
-----
5x335
3x380
1x+(5)425

295x20

Quad stretch 90 seconds

Ham curls
120#x3x15

Ham stretch
40 seconds

Notes: Carb loaded over the weekend, had an amazing workout. Best one I've had in a while..I can't wait to start doing more cardio.

Tuesday may 4th
Week 3 wave 7

Flat Pause Bench
5x135
5x155
---
5x205
3x230
1x+(5)260

Incline BB Press
190x8

Tri hell

Lat Pull down
160x3x15

Chest stretch
60# 70 sec

Notes: Really good chest workout, I had about 1-2 left in me for bench..PR ofc.

Thursday May 6th
Week 3 Wave 7

Deadlift
285xa lot

SLDL
275x5x10

notes: I need some shin guards good lord.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity