over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gravyjay progress log / journal

Mon 7/17/2023

With power restored Sunday, I was back on my normal routine Monday. This is the day I have been kind of playing with and I rotate it between either a pull or push day or combine them and just make it an upper day but not super heavy and more of a pump based workout. I did the upper pump style workout again today and had a long high volume session. My appetite is still pretty high and weight still going up quickly from the bottom of my cut. I'm excited to get to the gym tonight for another leg day.

Fasted Weight: 231.1 lbs

Training Log

1. Iso Lateral Lat Pulldown Machine (Neutral grip - slight rotation toward suppinated at bottom - handles freely move)
    1. 4x12
  2. Hammer Strength Horizonal Bench Press
    1. 4x12
  3. Plate Loaded Chest Supported Row (This machine is similar to a Prime Plate Loaded Extreme Row)
    1. 3x12
  4. Slight Incline Smith Bench Press (I'm doing these trying to focus on upper chest with a shortened ROM)
    1. 2x12
    2. Cluster set after second set (3 more sets with 30 second breaks AMRAP)
  5. Machine Chest Fly
    1. 3x12
  6. Machine Reverse Fly
    1. 3x20
  7. Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press
    1. 2x15
  8. Tricep Pushdowns with D-Handles
    1. 3x12
  9. Pinwheel Curls
    1. 3x15
  10. Kettlebell Tate Press
    1. 3x8
  11. EZ Bar Curl
    1. 3x12
  12. V-Up
    1. 4xFailure
Food Log

View attachment 179588

Gym pictures after training session

View attachment 179589View attachment 179590
Christ, that’s a ton of volume! Almost forty sets.

Christ, that’s a ton of volume! Almost forty sets.

Yeah quite a bit for one session but I keep rest times fairly short during a session like this and there were quite a few body parts involved so not too excessive for any single muscle group.

I also just kind of go by how I feel at this point and if I’m feeling really good I’ll add sets to whatever my original plan may have been.

Yeah quite a bit for one session but I keep rest times fairly short during a session like this and there were quite a few body parts involved so not too excessive for any single muscle group.

I also just kind of go by how I feel at this point and if I’m feeling really good I’ll add sets to whatever my original plan may have been.
I get it. Some days when you’re feeling great, you want to take advantage of that for sure!

Tuesday 7/18/2023

Leg day with mostly a quad focus but I still always warm up with hamstring curls which I've always done since I ran my first John Meadows program and throw some stiff legged deadlifts in at the end.

Fasted Weight: 232 lbs

Training Log

1. Seated Leg Curl
    1. 3x10
    2. Drop set after third set then 10 slow partials then 10 second hold in stretch position
  2. Hammer Strength Belt Squat
    1. Work up to top set of 8 (I consider this 2 work since I'm doing fairly heavy sets of 8 before the top set)
    2. I got 9 on the top set with ~10 lbs more than I got 8 with last week so progressing nicely on this.
    3. 1 backoff set at ~75% AMRAP
  3. Cybex Squat Press
    1. 3x15
  4. Reverse Lunge
    1. 2x10 with 2 cluster sets tacked on after second set
  5. Banded Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    1. 3x10
  6. V Squat Calf Raise
    1. 5x10
  7. Tibia Raise (Superset with calf raise)
Food Log
1689861708876.png

Wednesday 7/19/2023

Wednesday's are an off day for me but kept food high and appetite was really high. Food log shows I ate 5465 calories and it felt easy. Morning weight today was down a pound which is pretty normal for an off day mostly because I don't consume near as much water late a night like I do on my training days. I'd expect a 2-3 lb jump on Friday morning which will put me between 233 and 234.

I've also attached my weekly progress pictures where I try to work on posing but I didn't have much time this week so I kind of rushed through them and still need quite a bit of work on posing.

Fasted Weight: 232.5 lbs

Food Log
1689862085254.png

Attachments

• IMG_1218.JPEG
    IMG_1218.JPEG
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1220.JPEG
    IMG_1220.JPEG
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1230.JPEG
    IMG_1230.JPEG
    70.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1234.JPEG
    IMG_1234.JPEG
    53.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1249.JPEG
    IMG_1249.JPEG
    58.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1245.JPEG
    IMG_1245.JPEG
    60.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1238.JPEG
    IMG_1238.JPEG
    46.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1251.JPEG
    IMG_1251.JPEG
    53.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1258.JPEG
    IMG_1258.JPEG
    68.3 KB · Views: 20
How old are u man?

I'm getting old, I turned 40 this year although I don't feel old. I got started with bodybuilding late in life. I started training and eating consistently around 30 and had never ran any cycles until around 33. I also had years completely off in there between 33 and 40 while we were having kids so I'm hopeful I still have some good years ahead of me because I'm completely addicted / love the bodybuilding lifestyle.

Here's a bit of a throwback to how far I've come. This was me at I think 18 and around 6'3" 135 lbs so I think I'm nearing or have surpassed adding 100 lbs of muscle 😛 .

old.jpg

We are pretty similar then although I can't say I would've ever wore those slippers 🤣. I'm turning 40 in half a year. You're doing great man I think u have lots of room to progress still even at 40. My height has kept me from competing def a disadvantage in the early years of competing until u can fill out the frame. Youre well proportioned for a taller guy. Do u have an eye on the next comp?

We are pretty similar then although I can't say I would've ever wore those slippers 🤣.

:ROFLMAO:

I'm turning 40 in half a year. You're doing great man I think u have lots of room to progress still even at 40. My height has kept me from competing def a disadvantage in the early years of competing until u can fill out the frame. Youre well proportioned for a taller guy. Do u have an eye on the next comp?

Thanks man and yeah hopefully I keep progressing well. My primary goal is to get up to the 240 or 250 range close to stage condition so I still have a ways to go. I was originally thinking 2 years to enter my first competition but I may start looking at some shows next summer / early fall. I'll be looking at shows in the Midwest (Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma). The closest one for me would be NPC Muscle Mayhem Championships which is Sept 2 this year, not sure what it will be next year but probably a similar date.

Thursday 7/20/2023

Another pull day for me and not a whole lot has changed since the last updates. My appetite has stayed high and I'm just slowly creeping calories upwards while not changing anything supplement wise while things are progressing this well. Weight is still rebounding rapidly but still seems to be mostly glycogen/water (maybe some new actual muscle tissue 🙏) as I just have a fuller look but still look lean. Training performance is improving rapidly from the bottom of my cut.

Fasted Weight: 231.5 lbs

Training Log

1. Bent Over Barbell Row
    1. Work up to top set of 8
    2. 2 backoff sets at 75% to failure
  2. Medium Width Neutral Grip Pulldown
    1. 3x15
  3. Rack Pull
    1. 3x6 (Added 20 lbs to previous Rack Pull session)
  4. Chest Supported Row (Similar to Prime Extreme Row)
    1. 3x12
  5. Hammer Strength Machine Pullover
    1. 2x15
  6. Seated Hammer Curls
    1. 3x12
  7. Concentration Preacher Curl
    1. 3x8
  8. EZ Bar Curl
    1. 3x10
  9. Calf Press on Leg Press
    1. 4x10
  10. Tibia Raise using shorty band anchored under a bench (Superset with calf raises)
    1. 4xFailure
Food Log
1690208564582.png

Mon 7/17/2023

With power restored Sunday, I was back on my normal routine Monday. This is the day I have been kind of playing with and I rotate it between either a pull or push day or combine them and just make it an upper day but not super heavy and more of a pump based workout. I did the upper pump style workout again today and had a long high volume session. My appetite is still pretty high and weight still going up quickly from the bottom of my cut. I'm excited to get to the gym tonight for another leg day.

Fasted Weight: 231.1 lbs

Training Log

1. Iso Lateral Lat Pulldown Machine (Neutral grip - slight rotation toward suppinated at bottom - handles freely move)
    1. 4x12
  2. Hammer Strength Horizonal Bench Press
    1. 4x12
  3. Plate Loaded Chest Supported Row (This machine is similar to a Prime Plate Loaded Extreme Row)
    1. 3x12
  4. Slight Incline Smith Bench Press (I'm doing these trying to focus on upper chest with a shortened ROM)
    1. 2x12
    2. Cluster set after second set (3 more sets with 30 second breaks AMRAP)
  5. Machine Chest Fly
    1. 3x12
  6. Machine Reverse Fly
    1. 3x20
  7. Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press
    1. 2x15
  8. Tricep Pushdowns with D-Handles
    1. 3x12
  9. Pinwheel Curls
    1. 3x15
  10. Kettlebell Tate Press
    1. 3x8
  11. EZ Bar Curl
    1. 3x12
  12. V-Up
    1. 4xFailure
Food Log

View attachment 179588

Gym pictures after training session

View attachment 179589View attachment 179590
So, only 2 back movements? If i was you I would be focusing on back and doing 10 to 12 movements

Friday 7/21/2023

Push day

Fasted Weight: 233.6 lbs

Training Log

1. Slight Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
    2. 1 backoff set at ~75%
  2. Slight Incline Smith Machine Bench Press
    1. Work up to top set of 6
    2. 2 backoff sets at ~75%
  3. Hammer Strength Incline Press
    1. 3x12
  4. Machine Chest Fly
    1. 4x15
  5. Plate Loaded Reverse Fly Machine
    1. 3x15
  6. Bottom Partial Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises
    1. 3x20
  7. Top Partial Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises
    1. 3x10
  8. Triceps Pushdowns with D-Handles
    1. 4x12
  9. Dumbbell Triceps Extension
    1. 4x10
  10. Decline Bench Leg Raises
    1. 4xFailure
Food Log

1690216263984.png

Attachments

• side_chest.JPG
    side_chest.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 12
Saturday 7/22/2023

Leg Day (Slight Ham/Glute focus)

Fasted Weight: 234.6 lbs

Training Log
  1. Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Kneeling Leg Curl
    1. 2x8 w/ slow eccentric
  2. Hammer Strength Leg Press w/ feet high and wide
    1. 3x12
    2. 4th set AMRAP (Got 17 with 40 lbs more than previous week. I always make sure I go as deep as possible on these)
  3. Pendulum Squat
    1. 3x12
  4. Glute Ham Raises on GHD
    1. 4xFailure
  5. Hack Squat
    1. 2x8
  6. Selectorized Leg Extension Machine (Life Fitness)
    1. 7xFailure with 45 second rest periods
  7. Hammer Strength Standing Calf Raise
    1. 2x12
    2. 10 partials after each set followed by 10 second hold in stretched position then 2 drop sets to failure (halving the weight ea drop set)
  8. Tibia Raise (Superset with calf raises)
    1. 3x Failure
Food Log

1690217040627.png

So, only 2 back movements? If i was you I would be focusing on back and doing 10 to 12 movements

Would you consider my back that under developed compared to the rest of my physique? I generally consider legs my weakest body part and shoulders are probably my strongest. I will say my back posing needs a lot of work but in the gym I tend to get the most compliments on my shoulders/back.

That being said, if my back does seem like a weaker body part than my chest/arms I'd consider making it more of a focus on this upper day. I do have a dedicated pull day where I do more back movements / volume.

Would you consider my back that under developed compared to the rest of my physique? I generally consider legs my weakest body part and shoulders are probably my strongest. I will say my back posing needs a lot of work but in the gym I tend to get the most compliments on my shoulders/back.

That being said, if my back does seem like a weaker body part than my chest/arms I'd consider making it more of a focus on this upper day. I do have a dedicated pull day where I do more back movements / volume.
I think you have amazing shoulders, arms, and even your legs look good, but yeah been honest I would say your back needs the most work, it's true it looks impressive but only because you are shredded, sorry but i only say what i think and i try not to kiss any body's ass

I think you have amazing shoulders, arms, and even your legs look good, but yeah been honest I would say your back needs the most work, it's true it looks impressive but only because you are shredded, sorry but i only say what i think and i try not to kiss any body's ass

No need to be sorry, I didn't take any offense. I appreciate any honest feedback I get on here (good or bad). The criticism / bad feedback is probably the most useful 😛.

Friday 7/21/2023

Push day

Fasted Weight: 233.6 lbs

Training Log

1. Slight Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
    2. 1 backoff set at ~75%
  2. Slight Incline Smith Machine Bench Press
    1. Work up to top set of 6
    2. 2 backoff sets at ~75%
  3. Hammer Strength Incline Press
    1. 3x12