advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What happened to bodybuilding photographer Chris Lund?

powerlifter1983

Registered
Newbies
He had the best workout pictures back in the day and was notorious for destroying Jean Pierre Fux’s career.

He had the best workout pictures back in the day and was notorious for destroying Jean Pierre Fux’s career.
This statement likely refers to a bodybuilder or fitness personality known for sharing impressive workout photos and allegedly negatively impacting Jean Pierre Fux's career. However, without specific names or context, it's challenging to identify the individual in question or provide more details about the situation.

This statement likely refers to a bodybuilder or fitness personality known for sharing impressive workout photos and allegedly negatively impacting Jean Pierre Fux's career. However, without specific names or context, it's challenging to identify the individual in question or provide more details about the situation.
Nice Chat GPT--ish response if I do say so myself....

This statement likely refers to a bodybuilder or fitness personality known for sharing impressive workout photos and allegedly negatively impacting Jean Pierre Fux's career. However, without specific names or context, it's challenging to identify the individual in question or provide more details about the situation. mcdvoice
Is this information was helpful or not?

I believe he passed away. I have spoken to him a couple times. They used to have the photographers numbers listed in the magazine. He did one shoot where I wanted a copy of the pic for my garage. Cool guy. I also called and spoke to the photographer that took Dorians black/white pics in the 90's. I begged him for a set of those pics. He was nice but I didn't get them until years later. I have a couple signed by Dorian on my wall.

I believe he passed away. I have spoken to him a couple times. They used to have the photographers numbers listed in the magazine. He did one shoot where I wanted a copy of the pic for my garage. Cool guy. I also called and spoke to the photographer that took Dorians black/white pics in the 90's. I begged him for a set of those pics. He was nice but I didn't get them until years later. I have a couple signed by Dorian on my wall.
Sad his passing. Always wondered what happened to him.

Always thought he was one of the best physique photographers.

Remind me, who took those famous fotos of Dorian? His name is on the top of my tongue . . . I want to say Kevin Horton?

Cool that you got a set of those fotos.

If memory serves, the story behind the that shoot is that they thought Dorian was too big, would not be ‘accepted’, would blow people’s minds so he lost weight on purpose for the contest. I think I heard it on a podcast with Peter McGowan (sp?). Don’t know if true but if so it would be a first.

If memory serves, the story behind the that shoot is that they thought Dorian was too big, would not be ‘accepted’, would blow people’s minds so he lost weight on purpose for the contest. I think I heard it on a podcast with Peter McGowan (sp?). Don’t know if true but if so it would be a first.

I think Dorian had already won the show when the pics were published. I mean the others were psychologically defeated and some said as much.

Dorian said he thought he needed to be ultra shredded for his first the year before. Said he did everything the same, just shorter diet, thus it only appeared as if he had added a bunch of muscle from 92-93.

Sad his passing. Always wondered what happened to him.

Always thought he was one of the best physique photographers.

Remind me, who took those famous fotos of Dorian? His name is on the top of my tongue . . . I want to say Kevin Horton?

Cool that you got a set of those fotos.

Yes, Kevin Horton. I called him and he wouldn't share the pics even for money. Took me a few years to get them. I had torn off the pages from the magazine until I got them. Those pics were amazing.

You are a bull dog 🙂 Glad you got some original prints. Part of bb history.

I think Dorian had already won the show when the pics were published. I mean the others were psychologically defeated and some said as much.

Dorian said he thought he needed to be ultra shredded for his first the year before. Said he did everything the same, just shorter diet, thus it only appeared as if he had added a bunch of muscle from 92-93.

🤔 might have to investigate that, find the podcast or interview. You got my curiosity. Makes me think I am losing my mind which is not too far off the mark 😉

Lund was a great photographer.. but did ruin a couple careers.. he always insisted on having the bodybuilder use unrealistic poundages for the photograph.. he insisted on it.. this in turn ruined Fux by tearing off both quads.. Orville Burke snapped a tricep off securing a shoot that, when he went into surgery, he had a stroke from the anesthesia.. ruined his career.. many others complained of injuries also. Finally guys like Shawn Ray and others refused to do the shoots in those conditions.. not a big fan of his but he did take good photographs.. the sunglasses were a bit much in the photos but.....

🤔 might have to investigate that, find the podcast or interview. You got my curiosity. Makes me think I am losing my mind which is not too far off the mark 😉

Just to make sure, I meant he had "won" because the competition was so mentally flattened by seeing the pics. Some pro said everyone at Golds already knew he would win, wouldn't even have to strike a pose, just walk out in socks like in the pics lol.

But now that I think about it, 6 weeks until the O wasn't much time to get the pics published in the magazine, deppending on deadlines.

Made even Vince Taylor try HIT for a while lol.

Just to make sure, I meant he had "won" because the competition was so mentally flattened by seeing the pics. Some pro said everyone at Golds already knew he would win, wouldn't even have to strike a pose, just walk out in socks like in the pics lol.

But now that I think about it, 6 weeks until the O wasn't much time to get the pics published in the magazine, deppending on deadlines.

Made even Vince Taylor try HIT for a while lol.
Thank you for the clarification. I completely misunderstood you.

.. the sunglasses were a bit much in the photos but.....

Some claim there were very clear homosexual undertones in his pics, with the daisy dukes etc. Never got an inkling about that then. But then again, Weider started out publishing clearly gay magazines. Painful looking at his early mags lol.

Lund was a great photographer.. but did ruin a couple careers.. he always insisted on having the bodybuilder use unrealistic poundages for the photograph.. he insisted on it.. this in turn ruined Fux by tearing off both quads.. Orville Burke snapped a tricep off securing a shoot that, when he went into surgery, he had a stroke from the anesthesia.. ruined his career.. many others complained of injuries also. Finally guys like Shawn Ray and others refused to do the shoots in those conditions.. not a big fan of his but he did take good photographs.. the sunglasses were a bit much in the photos but.....
Correct, he had me doing dips with 200lbs.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear