advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best prescribed sleeping aid for bodybuilders from your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before sleeping.

3 Hours before sleeping.

-Dont consumme anything(No food or liquid)
-Dim the light in the house
-Dont watch tv
-Dont go on computer
-Dont use electronic device

One thing you could do is Read something that dont have alot of pictures for 1 hour before sleeping.

-In the bedroom, Put Heavy curtain that block the outside light.

-Turn off the alarm clock and use and alarm clock without lights(Electronic)
-Use an alarm clock that is with battery without led lights

The room should be pitch black. This is key.
No lights what so ever,not even the alarm clock.

Before sleeping.

3 Hours before sleeping.

-Dont consumme anything(No food or liquid)
-Dim the light in the house
-Dont watch tv
-Dont go on computer
-Dont use electronic device

One thing you could do is Read something that dont have alot of pictures for 1 hour before sleeping.

-In the bedroom, Put Heavy curtain that block the outside light.

-Turn off the alarm clock and use and alarm clock without lights(Electronic)
-Use an alarm clock that is with battery without led lights

The room should be pitch black. This is key.
No lights what so ever,not even the alarm clock.

these things probably are true but it will never happen for me in this life,lol

Zopiclone is what hospitals in Canada prescribe.
Works great.

I've been using mitrazapine, generic for remeron, I had symptoms of sleep apnea and I had a sleep study done about 3 months ago, they said I didn't have sleep apnea but I wasn't getting much rem sleep. I've been on the mitrazapine for about 3 weeks, the first 2-3 times taking it it gave me that knockout feeling and drowsiness the next day but I don't experience that anymore. I'm definitely getting sleep but can't say for sure yet wether it's quality, some days I still have that midday sluggish feeling but it's better than Benadryl every night

I prefer a heavy indica. Helps me hit those macros are the end of the day, too ;).

I've been having sleeping problems for well over 2 years now and lately it has gotten real bad to the point where some days I couldn't even function properly at work because of either no sleep or 1 hour of sleep.

I've started visiting my doctor lately and she has no problem prescribing me almost whatever she just gives me options and prescribes me tabs for just a week to try out and then I revisit to tell her it works and I want the full prescription or it doesn't work and I want to try something new.

I've been shooting in the dark lately and have had almost all bad outcomes and I was wondering what you guys use here for sleep that's prescribed from your doctor so I could also pass it on to her.

Med's I've tried so far.

Ambien (Zolpidem) - Started dosing at 10mg's felt nothing, went up to 20mg's didn't help me fall asleep one bit felt like I wasn't using anything. Didn't notice anything from it.

Zopiclone - 7.5mg dosage knocked me straight out but I was tired until the day after for 24 hours so I basically still couldn't function during the daytime. Felt like I could fall asleep anywhere and anytime, head wasn't there at all walked everywhere aswell didn't trust myself driving and didn't want to bring anyone in danger.

Also horrible metallic taste in your mouth that seems to last forever.

Diazepam (Valium) - Pretty much same experience as zopiclone without the horryfic metallic after taste.

What do you guys recommend, I've been reading around and I'm visiting my doctor tomorrow I was thinking about giving Xanax a try?
Ive tried various doses of ambien and lunesta and have either sleepwalked or sleeptalked with both. I wont try either again out of fear I'll try to operate a motor vehicle.

Argumentum ad ignoratiam

I take kratom, ashgwanda, melotonin, l theanine, valerian root, and st johns wort plus a shot of growth before bed...knocks me out usually

I'm personally not a big fan but try Benadryl, start with 50mg then up to 100mg

Yes Benadryl/DIPHENHYDROMINE 25mg works well...but recent reputable studies link it to Dementia. Damn it because it works. Now Ive switched, after 20yrs or so of Benadryl, to

Melatonin 3mg 2days
ZMA 2days
repeat over and over..I remember becoming resistant to Melatonin so I hope the 2 days off helps.

Last edited:
Are you sure your problem is not related to the "quality" of sleep? aka Sleep apnea?

I was going to ask the same thing, I was recently prescribed a auto pap machine, it took a couple sleep studies to finally get it. And honestly the first week it was tough to get used to, but now I look forward to using it. Sleep is much improved.
I was waking up about once an hour and couldn't figure out why, here I was goin hypoxic from not breathing, I quit breathing in average 15 times a hour. My body was starving for oxygen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoroughly agree with this, and "not" just because I like to blaze, this is good advice, not addictive (I don't feel ).

Melatonin is actually good for resetting your sleep rythem, or (circadian rhythms ) .

Years ago, when I used melatonin, I remember peeps reporting that it gave them vivid and sometimes wild dreams.

Size2XXL

An indica strain of cannabis and 3mg of melatonin will knock me out. Smoke 1hr before bed, melatonin 20mins before.

I honestly believe this way is healthier than any prescription drug

Yes sirree brother....! 4:20 get the calorie count up..!

Lol..!

I prefer a heavy indica. Helps me hit those macros are the end of the day, too ;).

I've been having sleeping problems for well over 2 years now and lately it has gotten real bad to the point where some days I couldn't even function properly at work because of either no sleep or 1 hour of sleep.

I've started visiting my doctor lately and she has no problem prescribing me almost whatever she just gives me options and prescribes me tabs for just a week to try out and then I revisit to tell her it works and I want the full prescription or it doesn't work and I want to try something new.

I've been shooting in the dark lately and have had almost all bad outcomes and I was wondering what you guys use here for sleep that's prescribed from your doctor so I could also pass it on to her.

Med's I've tried so far.

Ambien (Zolpidem) - Started dosing at 10mg's felt nothing, went up to 20mg's didn't help me fall asleep one bit felt like I wasn't using anything. Didn't notice anything from it.

Zopiclone - 7.5mg dosage knocked me straight out but I was tired until the day after for 24 hours so I basically still couldn't function during the daytime. Felt like I could fall asleep anywhere and anytime, head wasn't there at all walked everywhere aswell didn't trust myself driving and didn't want to bring anyone in danger.

Also horrible metallic taste in your mouth that seems to last forever.

Diazepam (Valium) - Pretty much same experience as zopiclone without the horryfic metallic after taste.

What do you guys recommend, I've been reading around and I'm visiting my doctor tomorrow I was thinking about giving Xanax a try?
I use to take 35mg of Anatriptoline I think that's how it was spelled. Stuff was amazing slept like a baby. Wish I had some now.

I switch off between melatonin and xanax. Also, HGH helps but I realize it's not affordable for most.

I use to take 35mg of Anatriptoline I think that's how it was spelled. Stuff was amazing slept like a baby. Wish I had some now.

Your thinking of Amitriptyline. I do not know enough about it to give much of an opinion - except it would certainly relax me. I have not had it in over 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner