advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which coach to hire? (milos, any, farah, dennis)

Shelby for sure, I was extremely happy with him.

He doesn't just give you a diet and training guide he teaches you about what you are doing and helps you understand why you are doing things a certain way.

Just seen you chose someone else, but keep Shelby in mind for the future

Shelby is a good coach and a good communicator but he destroyed my Gfs metabolism.. And hours of cardio

I'm not taking clients but my suggestion would be Scott Stevenson or Milos.

Keep in mind that ALL coaches only post pictures (including me) of their best people....there are many athletes that don't peak properly so know that not one single coach is infallible, and they all (including me) make mistakes.

JM

Very admirable for you to admit and why I respect you a lot John.

There are a lot of good coaches out there. Not one of them has a magical "secret," nor do any of them nail it 100% of the time. My suggestion is to find someone with the knowledge base needed that you CONNECT with and ride it out for at least a while. I will say the longer you are with a coach the better chance they will have of bring a progressively better package by becoming familiar with your body.

Shelby is a good coach and a good communicator but he destroyed my Gfs metabolism.. And hours of cardio

I'm sorry to hear that bud, but if it's any sentiment, often times a "destroyed" metabolism is just one that is very downregulated and with time and precision in food increases, etc. can and will bounce back. The only time I've had issues with clients that I REALLY can't get their metabolism to respond is folks that have yo-yo dieted their entire lives.

The reality is that some people....women especially...need a lot of cardio and low food to get into stage shape. Their are outliers but again, like John mentioned, they are good for marketing and are the ones made visible. You shouldn't get into competing for health; Hopefully it was made apparent that their could be side effects from really pushing things.

Lots of cardio and low food is relative BBOY. I won't throw names under the bus but I've seen clients from almost all coaches in this thread (I will say Layne TOO), that have come into a show doing what some feel is "too much" cardio and "too little" food.

Lots of cardio and low food is relative BBOY. I won't throw names under the bus but I've seen clients from almost all coaches in this thread (I will say Layne TOO), that have come into a show doing what some feel is "too much" cardio and "too little" food.

really? hmm layne has me doing 12 minutes of cardio twice a week, is that alot? I do agree with coaches doing way to much cardio and not enough food, im seeing it right now at my gym with a few people. but my problem with your post was saying most women NEED more cardio and fewer calories to get in shape, NO they don't they just need to make sure their metabolism stay high by lifting hard and heavy and eating enough calories but still be in a slight calorie deficiet and not OVER CARDIO! its all about keeping your metabolic rate as high as possible, fat loss will result in this action.

LOL I have never worked with anyone thats answers emails as fast as shelby Starnes... what the fuck is up with that, like 2 seconds and i have an answer to my email...CRAZY!

im currently working with Layne Norton and im so fucking impressed, i dont even have words for it! sooooooooo simple yet sooooooo effective, Im doing the least amount of cardio that i have ever done in my life and im in the best shape i have ever been in at 11 weeks out....CRAZY!

Ive considered layne for nationals. Are his prices competitive w others? So many choices that for something like nationals I dont wanna choose wrong.

Ive considered layne for nationals. Are his prices competitive w others? So many choices that for something like nationals I dont wanna choose wrong.
his prices are ok? there are cheaper people but sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you don't. Im very happy with my decision.

really? hmm layne has me doing 12 minutes of cardio twice a week, is that alot? I do agree with coaches doing way to much cardio and not enough food, im seeing it right now at my gym with a few people. but my problem with your post was saying most women NEED more cardio and fewer calories to get in shape, NO they don't they just need to make sure their metabolism stay high by lifting hard and heavy and eating enough calories but still be in a slight calorie deficiet and not OVER CARDIO! its all about keeping your metabolic rate as high as possible, fat loss will result in this action.

No not at all bud! I said SOME people need (especially women). Those are the outliers just like those with freaky fast metabolisms...women that prep on 400g carbs a day type, etc. Usually it falls in the middle for sure, especially if a coach is smart and doesn't just push things because they feel that is the only way to do things.

And yes I agree about lifting heavy....this is a pet peeve of mine...not to sound elitist but the % of people that actually put the intensity into their training needed to do things adequately and in a way that is conducive to building a PHYSIQUE rather than just straight weight loss is sadly lower than I'd like :\ Many of these "slow metabolism" types could be corrected just by upping their training intensity...telling nutrients where they need to go, and building active tissue.

Last edited:
Often times people look at a coach's results and make a determination, but one key factor is how well the coach and client mesh and have values and an understanding that align.

If one coach's communication style is completely different than the client's it won't work. I feel it is best for people to do their due diligence and "interview" coaches to find one that fits. After all, this is someone you are putting your health in and you want to ensure that you will have an effective relationship that leads to the achievement of you goals. Take some time to email, text or talk with a few different coaches before you find someone that meshes with you.

There is no ONE best coach for everyone.

How about Jordan Peters in the UK?

I have been working with Jordan for the last 7 months and have put on a good 29lbs still with abs. The guy knows his stuff and gives great tuition. I would recommend him 100%.

I'm working with Shelby for Junior USA prep and I couldn't be happier. I'm low maintenance, but he replies in a matter of minutes!

Gordon Falcetti(flex on here) and his wife ifbb pro Jamie Pinder(Falcetti maybe now they got married) do training as well....

Does anyone have a basic price breakdown of what each of these guys charge for lets say 12 week prep, offseason, etc.... that would be soooo helpful...

Last edited:
just search on the net and you will find the exact diet you will be using :cool:

shit at this point just ask for a reprint at FedEx they have it on file.

Funny part about a lot of the coaches mentioned is if you ARENT doing a contest prep they don't pay that close of attention, which means all the specific necessary changes never happen because you are not a client of importance at the time, some of them pay close attention because some clients are they're pride an joy that make them look good, but I know people who have used a few of the mentioned coaches offseason and prep and could tell the difference in there behavior, bodybuilding is year round not just contest time an amazing coach is there 365 days out of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner