mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which steroids are most harmful to the kidneys?

Which steroids cause the most damage to kidneys?

• Deca

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • EQ

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Trenbolone

Votes: 184 41.4%
  • Testosterone

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Anadrol

Votes: 133 30.0%
  • Dianabol

Votes: 42 9.5%
  • Winstrol

Votes: 40 9.0%
  • All steroids, it is dose dependant whether damage occurs

Votes: 112 25.2%

• Total voters
I think it's the benezol alcohol content in the gear that harms the kidneys. The thing that got me thinking this is a friend made me home-made fina/tren ace from cattle implants. I told him exactly how to make it, but he screwed up and made the benezol alcohol 40% of the total solution. After using it for awhile my urine test came back with blood in it and highly abnormal results. I recently googled kidney damage and benezol alcohol. A rat study came up proving that b.a. kills the kidneys in high dose. The reason I checked off tren in the poll here is because it's difficult to convert cattle implants to injection without using around a 20% b.a./b.b. solution. Any less and the implants don't dissolve.

:yeahthat: nailed it right on the head, ive heard the same thing before!! :headbang:

Agreed that AAS are not directly toxic to the kidneys and that kidney dammage in AAS users is related to uncontrolled BP.

Another key point here is the standard blood test of kidney function - creatinine -is totally dependent on muscle mass. Creatinine is a breakdown product of creatine, and your body's stores of creatine are most dependent on total muscle mass. Creatine supplementation will also raise total body stores.

If you have two people with the same kidney function and one has twice the muscle mass of the other, the one with 2x muscle mass is going to have a creatinine level that's about 2x higher. i.e. A 200 lbs bodybuilder with a blood creatinine level of 1.5 has much better kidney function than a 100 lb weakling with a creatinine level of 0.9.

Many docs forget to take this into account when advising what to do re elevated creatinine levels.

The place BBers get into trouble with kidneys is pre-contest, lasix, etc. which can cause acute kidney failure if not monitored carefully.

Yes, excellent post.

I recently had some blood work done and my creatinine levels came back slightly elevated. It gave me a bit of a scare but when I asked my doc about it he told me that my levels were ok based on my muscle mass being above average. He also told me that taking a lot of protein and eating a lot of meat and exercise can also significantly increase creatinine in the body.

Kinda makes sense cause that a lot of us would have this since most of us are doing some sort of training/exercise on a daily basis and consuming 300g plus of protein/day.

This put me at ease but I'm definitely going to monitor it. Watch my blood pressure and drink plenty of water.

,and creatine is basically a worthless supplement and can damage kidneys, so i dont see why anyone should take it. thats my opinion.

is it that creatine damages kidneys, or that taking creatine causes falsely elevated creatinine levels....I would go with the latter

I see a lot of "bro science" floating around in this thread.

It is the high blood pressure that ruins the kidney's. And I know most of you running gear are not keeping track of your BP on a daily basis.

Bro science before Ho science.:D

What solvent does IP use to keep everything from crashing? what does he use for antimicrobial?

Whatever Tom Prince and Flex Wheeler were doing.

Kidney problems

Uncontrolled blood pressure, dehydration, excessive consumption of creatine supplements, some pain meds and other issues can negatively impact kidney function no matter what androgen is used.

Have any of you read any scientific studies on AAS effects on kidneys?

The news articles I have read about BB's failed kidneys say the doc's don't know what is causing it. There was a type of kidney disease that is particular to the bodybuilders and does not occur in the general population, making high bp less likely to be the sole cause in these cases.

superdrol was the worst.

Yeah that shit is toxic as hell. A buddy of mine did a cycle of m-drol and towards the end was complaining to me about kidney pain while sleeping and upon waking. I firmly believe it was the m-drol damaging his kidneys.

fucking prohormone superdrol. horrible kidney pain and rusty piss from that shit. got bloodwork done during the course and kidney function was high and liver enzymes were so bad i was asked if i was an i.vdrug user because the doc thaught i could of had hep c. couldnt get any gear for a few mos one year so i tried it. horrible experience. also creatine monohydrate. stones many times from it. stopped taking it about 6 yrs ago and been fine ever since. but the main thing is running high blood preassure for too long. that will fuck up normal renal function and can kill your ass. and aas will jack up bp for sure. thats what you need to be aware of cause its no joking matter

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyjoe8605
NapsGear