mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who takes curcumin and why? Dante hints it to be great for the health of bodybuilders

**broken link removed** The only place I could find an inject-able.

They use DMSO as a carrier. Resveratrol is only soluble at a rate of 16mg/mL in DMSO. That makes for a lot of DMSO in a muscle to get a little reveratrol.

I wonder how a micronized suspension would work? Just like test or winny suspension? Who wants to try their homebrew skills?

Well I've heard winny suspension hurts like a motherfucker. Is anything worth it that has you cussing everytime you move? :star-w:rs

Good thread...i'm taking some curcumin...but i think i'm gonna bump up the mg's. to 3000k per day.

Yes, and if his board wasn't private, I would LOVE to see what would happen if you went over there and posted that resveratrol was bunk.
Would be extremely entertaining to say the least.

Bunk? No. Without actual research done on healthy humans? yes.

And I've argued plenty of times with Animal before. We go way back.

Resveratrol's effects on Sirt1 is what the studies are about. Diabetic or not, activation of Sirt1 is where much of the magic comes from.

There is an entire forum dedicated to the use of these products with plenty of studies supporting it and real people (like myself) getting real results.
I'll stay at that forum when it comes to discussion of these type of products.

I just checked your '19 post history' and they are all either flames or one line 'know it all' comments. No one likes posters like you.

Don't use resveratrol, its not for you.

You're actually trying to negate my comments by my post count? Really? lol Your mistake (This seems to be a running theme with you) is thinking that this is the only board I post at. Well, I post at AF mostly, and I have many thousands of posts there. Go ahead and read them at your own leisure.

From what I can see, you're clearly not much of a scientist. How exactly do you measure those "results"? How do you know its not something else that you are taking? How do you know its not just a placebo effect?

Those are basic questions that you need to answer. And yes, you're making a claim and now you have to defend it. Shocking, I know.

TeamLifeResearch are in the another board that is extremely private and still going.

Wow, I guess Instynct is still around then as well. Man, most of the older crowd that I started posting with (Yeah, I feel old now) seems to have gone private.

Its hard to get a hold of them since they are extremly private and only selective few have access to them.

Wow, I guess Instynct is still around then as well. Man, most of the older crowd that I started posting with (Yeah, I feel old now) seems to have gone private.

Although if your supplementing B12 or synthelamin that should be handling the homocysteine

TMG (trimethylglycine) works well to reduce homocysteine too..

Well I've heard winny suspension hurts like a motherfucker. Is anything worth it that has you cussing everytime you move? :star-w:rs

I don't know what the deal is with that pain. I know a drug can be delivered via a painless (mostly) suspension. I was givin a microencapsulated suspension in my hip a few times. The drug was then released over a period of 30 days. It was a big ass 4 mL inject too. I would be a little sore for like 2 days, and that was it.

If the inject is sterile, and resveratrol doesn't by itself cause irritation, a suspension may work.

Back in the day, Animal used to make injectable Acetyl-L-Carnitine at 250mg/ml, and boy was that fun to shoot.

After that, shooting suspension/prop was a cake walk.

You're actually trying to negate my comments by my post count? Really? lol Your mistake (This seems to be a running theme with you) is thinking that this is the only board I post at. Well, I post at AF mostly, and I have many thousands of posts there. Go ahead and read them at your own leisure.

From what I can see, you're clearly not much of a scientist. How exactly do you measure those "results"? How do you know its not something else that you are taking? How do you know its not just a placebo effect?

Those are basic questions that you need to answer. And yes, you're making a claim and now you have to defend it. Shocking, I know.

I did not imply that post count had anything to do with your knowledge, I just observed that the majority of your posts on this forum were flames or one line 'know it all' statements.
You are clearly a highly opinionated individual, and I think you just like to argue. Maybe I am wrong, but that is the impression I got when glancing at your post history.

You may be highly intelligent, I have no idea. I am just going from what I have read of yours on this forum, and It seems to me like you use this place to blow off steam.
I don't see anything constructive coming from a discussion between you and I, so I will leave it at that.

Have a good day.

Resveratrol's effects on Sirt1 is what the studies are about. Diabetic or not, activation of Sirt1 is where much of the magic comes from.

There is an entire forum dedicated to the use of these products with plenty of studies supporting it and real people (like myself) getting real results.
I'll stay at that forum when it comes to discussion of these type of products.

I just checked your '19 post history' and they are all either flames or one line 'know it all' comments. No one likes posters like you.

Don't use resveratrol, its not for you.

Bwaaahhhhh!

Now I remember this guy j Adams... Dude says it's impossible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, regardless of chemical enhancement!

Lmao....

Thanks for reminding me who this guy is!

I take oral resveratrol. I take the life extension version with the quercetin and the pterolstilbene (and then take grapeseed extract at nite)

Resveratrol with Pterostilbene, 100 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules

Instant and long-term bioavailability
Interested consumers need to distinguish between instant and long-term
bioavailability of resveratrol.
"Quercetin can be mischaracterized," says Sardi, "since it allows
resveratrol more passes through the liver before it is finally conjugated
(attached to) sulfur and glucuronate molecules. Eventually, all resveratrol
is metabolized in the liver. Once bound to these molecules, resveratrol is,
for a time, not biologically active, but this (Quercetin) process prolongs the life of resveratrol in the blood circulation up to 9 hours. Otherwise, resveratrol has a short half life (time it takes for 50% to degrade), about 14 minutes.

Dante: By itself resveratrol's bioavailability is pretty much useless.....I love the potential benefits of it but Ill be the first one to tell you that I truly dont know if the way i use it with the Q and P....is foolproof in working. I base my usage on the following.

Sulphation of resveratrol, a natural compound pr... [Xenobiotica. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Glucuronidation of resveratrol, a natural produc... [Xenobiotica. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Sulphation of resveratrol, a natural product pre... [Xenobiotica. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Ellagic acid and quercetin interact synergistica... [Cancer Lett. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Resveratrol by itself:
Metabolism and bioavailability of trans-re... [Mol Nutr Food Res. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Antioxidant effect of trans-resveratrol... [Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Sulphation of resveratrol, a natural compound pr... [Xenobiotica. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
Nobody disputes that the oral bioavailability of resveratrol alone is small.

With that said, how is the French paradox possible? Is JM onto something with fats enhancing oral bioavailability?

I did not imply that post count had anything to do with your knowledge, I just observed that the majority of your posts on this forum were flames or one line 'know it all' statements.
You are clearly a highly opinionated individual, and I think you just like to argue. Maybe I am wrong, but that is the impression I got when glancing at your post history.

You may be highly intelligent, I have no idea. I am just going from what I have read of yours on this forum, and It seems to me like you use this place to blow off steam.
I don't see anything constructive coming from a discussion between you and I, so I will leave it at that.

Have a good day.

Well, the way I see it, when somebody says something truly retarded (this thread wasn't retarded btw, but many are), they deserve a good flame for being so out of touch with reality. And that's when I usually post because I just can't stand ignorance of that magnitude.

The 'bro' science that is all pervasive in our community really needs to be stopped in its tracks.

So there you have it. That's why I post sporadically on here.

I take oral resveratrol. I take the life extension version with the quercetin and the pterolstilbene (and then take grapeseed extract at nite)

Resveratrol with Pterostilbene, 100 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules

Instant and long-term bioavailability
Interested consumers need to distinguish between instant and long-term
bioavailability of resveratrol.
"Quercetin can be mischaracterized," says Sardi, "since it allows
resveratrol more passes through the liver before it is finally conjugated
(attached to) sulfur and glucuronate molecules. Eventually, all resveratrol
is metabolized in the liver. Once bound to these molecules, resveratrol is,
for a time, not biologically active, but this (Quercetin) process prolongs the life of resveratrol in the blood circulation up to 9 hours. Otherwise, resveratrol has a short half life (time it takes for 50% to degrade), about 14 minutes.

Dante: By itself resveratrol's bioavailability is pretty much useless.....I love the potential benefits of it but Ill be the first one to tell you that I truly dont know if the way i use it with the Q and P....is foolproof in working. I base my usage on the following.

Glucuronidation of resveratrol, a natural produc... [Xenobiotica. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Sulphation of resveratrol, a natural product pre... [Xenobiotica. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Ellagic acid and quercetin interact synergistica... [Cancer Lett. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Resveratrol by itself:
Metabolism and bioavailability of trans-re... [Mol Nutr Food Res. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Antioxidant effect of trans-resveratrol... [Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Dante pretty much says what I have been saying: He has no idea if its actually working because the science is iffy at best.

Kudos to him for actually being objective.

Bwaaahhhhh!

Now I remember this guy j Adams... Dude says it's impossible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, regardless of chemical enhancement!

Lmao....

Thanks for reminding me who this guy is!

I'm still waiting on you to actually rebut what I said. The old "Well, it works, look at me and these guys" is quite simply not going to cut it.

Anecdotal evidence such as the one you continually point to only goes so far. if you can't back it up with hard science, then I'm sorry, but you have a lot of work to do in the researching dept.

I'm still waiting on you to actually rebut what I said. The old "Well, it works, look at me and these guys" is quite simply not going to cut it.

Anecdotal evidence such as the one you continually point to only goes so far. if you can't back it up with hard science, then I'm sorry, but you have a lot of work to do in the researching dept.

You may be bright - you may not be...

Not much evidence of either here. I can only go by what you've posted, which is flawed to say the least.

As for waiting for a "rebuttal", I saw where you f'd up immediately, and asked myself if you did it on purpose in a poor attempt to bait and feed your ego (I'm smarter than these guys, let's see if anyone catches it... BTW, I pulled that crap with my teachers in HS when I was bored), or was it arrogance on your part?

I shouldn't have to spoon-feed you, but why not re-read your posts in that thread - specifically the ones involving MATH (you know, math reading comprehension, the stuff they're teaching my little one in grade school). Assemble your "formulas" correctly, and we'll move onto point #2.

You may be bright - you may not be...

Not much evidence of either here. I can only go by what you've posted, which is flawed to say the least.

As for waiting for a "rebuttal", I saw where you f'd up immediately, and asked myself if you did it on purpose in a poor attempt to bait and feed your ego (I'm smarter than these guys, let's see if anyone catches it... BTW, I pulled that crap with my teachers in HS when I was bored), or was it arrogance on your part?

I shouldn't have to spoon-feed you, but why not re-read your posts in that thread - specifically the ones involving MATH (you know, math reading comprehension, the stuff they're teaching my little one in grade school). Assemble your "formulas" correctly, and we'll move onto point #2.

High school was 15 years and three degrees ago for me.

So, we're back to you side stepping the actual question yet again. Don't worry, I'll be waiting right here for your answer with baited breath. Your "assertions" on the prior topic basically come down to creating energy out of nothing (So "It's magic!!" as Lyle would put it). When pressed for an answer, you either run away(last thread), or say something to deflect the actual question (this thread).

So man up and give me straight answer. If you just don't know the science, then say that. There's no shame in that.

Fine...

1. You broke a formula by placing energy gained on the energy utilized side of the equation. You try to disprove 1+1=2 by saying 1+2=1 is wrong... duh!

2. Your understanding of human physiology is flawed. The body does not work like end of day accounting where when you goto bed, you "tally" calories in vs calories out, and make a decision... Do we build muscle or lose fat?

3. Trying to use an individual moment/snapshot of surplus/defecit/hormonal balance does not take into consideration the hypothetical timeframe (30 days IIRC).

4. Can You Build Muscle On A Calorie Deficit? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2011 Apr;21(2):97-104.
Effect of two different weight-loss rates on body composition and strength and power-related performance in elite athletes.
Garthe I, Raastad T, Refsnes PE, Koivisto A, Sundgot-Borgen J.
Source
Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Oslo, Norway.
Abstract
When weight loss (WL) is necessary, athletes are advised to accomplish it gradually, at a rate of 0.5-1 kg/wk. However, it is possible that losing 0.5 kg/wk is better than 1 kg/wk in terms of preserving lean body mass (LBM) and performance. The aim of this study was to compare changes in body composition, strength, and power during a weekly body-weight (BW) loss of 0.7% slow reduction (SR) vs. 1.4% fast reduction (FR). We hypothesized that the faster WL regimen would result in more detrimental effects on both LBM and strength-related performance. Twenty-four athletes were randomized to SR (n = 13, 24 ± 3 yr, 71.9 ± 12.7 kg) or FR (n = 11, 22 ± 5 yr, 74.8 ± 11.7 kg). They followed energy-restricted diets promoting the predetermined weekly WL. All athletes included 4 resistance-training sessions/wk in their usual training regimen. The mean times spent in intervention for SR and FR were 8.5 ± 2.2 and 5.3 ± 0.9 wk, respectively (p < .001). BW, body composition (DEXA), 1-repetition-maximum (1RM) tests, 40-m sprint, and countermovement jump were measured before and after intervention. Energy intake was reduced by 19% ± 2% and 30% ± 4% in SR and FR, respectively (p = .003). BW and fat mass decreased in both SR and FR by 5.6% ± 0.8% and 5.5% ± 0.7% (0.7% ± 0.8% vs. 1.0% ± 0.4%/wk) and 31% ± 3% and 21 ± 4%, respectively. LBM increased in SR by 2.1% ± 0.4% (p < .001), whereas it was unchanged in FR (-0.2% ± 0.7%), with significant differences between groups (p < .01). In conclusion, data from this study suggest that athletes who want to gain LBM and increase 1RM strength during a WL period combined with strength training should aim for a weekly BW loss of 0.7%.
PMID: 21558571 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

5. **broken link removed**

Resistance weight training during caloric restriction enhances lean body weight maintenance
DL Ballor, VL Katch, MD Becque and CR Marks
Department of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

To assess the individual and combined effects of weight loss and weight training on body weight and body composition, 40 obese women were randomly assigned to one of four groups for an 8 wk weight-loss study. These groups were control (C); diet without exercise (DO); diet plus weight training (DPE); and weight training without diet (EO). Body weight decreased for DO (-4.47 kg) and DPE (-3.89 kg) compared with C (- 0.38 kg) and EO (0.45 kg). Lean body weight (LBW) increased for EO (1.07 kg) compared with DO (-0.91 kg) and C (-0.31 kg) and for DPE (0.43 kg) compared with DO. Upper-arm muscle areas (determined by radiograph) increased for DPE (11.2 cm2) and EO (10.4 cm2) compared with C (2.7 cm2) and DO (2.1 cm2). It was concluded that weight training results in comparable gains in muscle area and strength for DPE and EO. Adding weight training exercise to a caloric restriction program results in maintenance of LBW compared with DO.

The only people that can gain muscle and lose fat on maintenance calories are untrained individuals and athletes coming off a very long lay off. Nobody really understands why that happens.

#5 is useless as its done on untrained obese women.

#4 I need the actual study. I requested it and it will be sent to me so that I can read the protocol they used. So I'll get back to this thread after reading it.

#1,2,3:

At the most basic level, it is actually energy in vs energy out. The Physics involved are very straight forward. What actually happens in the body, is that bio-chemical processes are inefficient and there are energy losses. But if you count up all the energy loses with the actually energy used up by the body, energy in has to equal energy out in order for the body to maintain homeostasis. If there's an imbalance, the body has to look for the deficit somewhere for the energy (fat, muscle), or if there's a surplus, it has to store it (fat,muscle)

That's how it works. There's no voodoo science involved here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrob7107
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity