advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who should have taken 1st, and didn't, it can be past or present.

x1xjcramair1x1

Registered
I was talking with a friend I train with every so often earlier today, and he asked me this exact question:

- "Who should have taken 1st but didn't, and it still bothers you?"

Kevin 95' Olympia...Levrone vs Yates. Ronnie is the most dominant bodybuilder ever, in my opinion, and Kevin didn't have what it took to beat Ronnie. Dorian on the other hand had mediocre legs, weak chest/arms, and a wide waist. Dorian's back and conditioning were nearly unrivaled. The bottom line is I had Levrone winning in 95' but I could be biased as Yates's physique was not my favorite, to say the least.

What's a show and loss that stands out to you, and why?

It doesn’t bother me but . . .

Mentzer over Schwarzenegger. Very controversial. Not the best Arnold but the best Mentzer. Ruined Mike I believe.

Platz over Columbo. Not the best Columbo but the best Platz.

Anybody over Dickerson. I love a lot of thing’s Dickerson brings to the stage but I think he is probably the weakest Mr. O.

This is just off the top of my head. If I had a list of Mr. O’s I could probably conjure up a few more.

Mentzer over Schwarzenegger. Very controversial. Not the best Arnold but the best Mentzer. Ruined Mike I believe.

Anybody over Dickerson. I love a lot of thing’s Dickerson brings to the stage but I think he is probably the weakest Mr. O.

This is just off the top of my head. If I had a list of Mr. O’s I could probably conjure up a few more.
Never really thought about Mentzer over Schwarzenegger ruining Mike, but it could be the driver.

Hands down they robbed Mentzer…. Poor fella never was 100% after that… Just one of those life moments that literally shit all over you and you’re forever scarred.

Cage

Arnold is my favorite out of the 80’ lineup.

Intercontinental Wars have begun over threads like this lol

I liked Levrone '92 over anyone in that Olympia line-up. And that line-up was INSANE! In fact, that '92 Olympia version of Kevin is quite literally one of the greatest and coolest physiques of all time in my eyes...

Aaron Baker over Flex Wheeler at the 1995 Ironman. Great showdown, but Baker outmuscled and out-conditioned Wheeler. Especially from the back.

Also, that show overseas where Flex Lewis beat Hadi Choopan? That was a bit of a head scratcher.

Just a few off the top of my head that haven't already been said.

Oh jeez, DUH!??? SERGIO OLIVA beat the fuck out of Arnold in 1972!! In Essen Germany. In fact, Sergio should have never lost to Arnold, period. Hail, Sergio.

Ronnie Coleman over Günter Schlierkamp in GNC Show of Strength in New Orleans.
Ronnie over Gunter and I’ve never even seen pics of that show.

Oh jeez, DUH!??? SERGIO OLIVA beat the fuck out of Arnold in 1972!! In Essen Germany. In fact, Sergio should have never lost to Arnold, period. Hail, Sergio.
No shit! How could I forget?

One of the greatest matchups between two of the greatest bodybuilders. Sergio brought arguably his best physique and his best conditioning ever. His posing sucked but the Victory pose by him is unequalled.

Arnold looked like, well, Arnold. Sergio was from another planet.

Sergio went on to lose to Pearl at the London NAABA Mr. Universe. Sergio was probably bigger than ever. And while you may not be impressed or even care for Bills physique he was better that day. (It was a rigged contest for those in the know.) And if you have ever seen him in person you could not fail to be impressed.

I saw Sergio guest pose, was backstage too and he was the most impressive bodybuilder I have ever see. Bill was no slouch either, have met him twice and not in contest shape but he is a big big man. Hands the size of a baseball glove.

Mentzer looked great in pictures on his own, but next to Arnold he looked like a child. No amount of TikTok revivals are going to change that fact:

1706254476689.png 1706254504454.png
1706254549620.png

If we are to believe Serge's story and it is true that he stopped eating and training before the '75 O because he was told he was barred three weeks before the show, and later reinstated then this Serge may have beaten Arnold:

1706254932791.png

Mentzer looked great in pictures on his own, but next to Arnold he looked like a child. No amount of TikTok revivals are going to change that fact:

View attachment 190833View attachment 190834
View attachment 190836
In all fairness to Arnold at the '80 Olympia, there are a few pics floating around on the internet of him a few days after that event, and he looked AWESOME afterwards lol... if that version of Arnold had showed up, there would have been no controversy at all. He missed his peak by a day or two... just needed more Carrot Cake ;)

In all fairness to Arnold at the '80 Olympia, there are a few pics floating around on the internet of him a few days after that event, and he looked AWESOME afterwards lol... if that version of Arnold had showed up, there would have been no controversy at all. He missed his peak by a day or two... just needed more Carrot Cake ;)

Yeah I agree, and I think in fairness to Mentzer he clearly missed his peak too. In all the pictures I saw he looked flat and bloated, and he looks better in photo shoots away from the stage. So maybe an off day for them both.

I saw both Arnold and Sergio in early 80s. I was more impressed with Sergio. He was very thick and had a very complete physique. His waist to thigh comparison was insane.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws