over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why am I so weak no matter what?

BlueShocker

Registered
Newbies
Hello.

A bit about me, I’m 6’1 190lbs. I’m 24, been training for a four years. Last 2 years I learned how to train hard, and properly under a coach.

Honestly though, I’ve learned that no matter what I seem to do... getting stronger hardly comes to me. It doesn’t matter what gear I’m on, what training split I’m running. I never seem to get much stronger. My physique changes (not nearly as much as I’d like, but mild progress), but strength is practically stagnant.

For example, I lift maybe 70-80s for dumbbell incline on a good day. On the hammer strength iso lateral chest press I’ll do maybe 1.5-2 plates for a heavy set. For hack squats I’ll do 2 plates etc.

Am I just being impatient, since I’m still new to this? I focus on training very intensely, and to failure. I currently run PPLx2 and do maybe 16-32 sets depending on the body part. Even when I am eating in a surplus, it seems to be little differences. I even barely feel when I’m on anadrol (I look fuller, but strength is the same).

I’m open to anything. I want to learn...

Things of note:

I do eat high protein, and plenty of carbs.

I am solely interested in hypertrophy, yet I still feel I should be stronger for my stats?

How are you gauging your strength?

I have a similar conversation with my younger brother a couple months back. He was bitching that he never got stronger. I asked How Do You Know? And he said he would randomly try and max out once every couple weeks....no. Are you writing things down in a logbook? Are you logging multiple rep ranges in lifts and trying to break them every couple weeks? How is your recovery?

Strength is not something that just happens and sneaks up on you - there are steps you have to take steps in order to see this stuff. Writing down your lifts, focusing on recovery, keeping certan variables constant, etc. Saying, "Im not getting stronger" doesnt really mean anything unless you tell us what you are doing and HOW YOU KNOW you arent getting stronger.

Hello.

A bit about me, I’m 6’1 190lbs. I’m 24, been training for a four years. Last 2 years I learned how to train hard, and properly under a coach.

Honestly though, I’ve learned that no matter what I seem to do... getting stronger hardly comes to me. It doesn’t matter what gear I’m on, what training split I’m running. I never seem to get much stronger. My physique changes (not nearly as much as I’d like, but mild progress), but strength is practically stagnant.

For example, I lift maybe 70-80s for dumbbell incline on a good day. On the hammer strength iso lateral chest press I’ll do maybe 1.5-2 plates for a heavy set. For hack squats I’ll do 2 plates etc.

Am I just being impatient, since I’m still new to this? I focus on training very intensely, and to failure. I currently run PPLx2 and do maybe 16-32 sets depending on the body part. Even when I am eating in a surplus, it seems to be little differences. I even barely feel when I’m on anadrol (I look fuller, but strength is the same).
Yeah you’re undereating and overtraining. You don’t grow in the gym and more isn’t better. Cut your ppl down to 4 days a week and stop doing so much volume.

Take a whole week off and start fresh.

Pick 1-2 movements per body part per day and only do 2-3 failure sets per movement.
If you were truly training hard you wouldn’t be able to do that much volume or that many days. You’d be destroyed.

Post your exact diet down to ounces and grams for the past 3 days.

The biggest thing that I found was exercise selection. I train muscle groups every 5 days and found if I try and hit a PR for that exercises every workout then it feels like I actually regress. Ie. I might hit barbell rows at 405 x 7 one week and then 5 days later only hit it for 3, and then 5, 8, 3 etc. However if I have a workout A and workout B so do barbell rows, then 5 days later interchange it with t-bar rows, then back to barbell rows so you are only trying to hit a PR on that exercises once every 10 days

Don't stress out about it too much honestly. Some bodybuilders are very strong at some movements and don't look incredibly developed in those body parts, other bodybuilders lift much smaller poundages for the same reps but are way more developed. Look at Phil Heath vs Nick Gloff for example. A lot of strength is geneticallly predetermined with just how your skeleton and joints are put together. As long as your physique changes you are doing fine. I have a powerlifting friend who literally squatted 180kg his first time ever doing the lift weighing around 95kg; he squats 240+ now but his legs are tiny compared to another bber friend of mine who has a tiny frame and never squats more than 2 plates.

Some things that hinder gains: Over training, improper rest, crappy diet or not eating enough, same repetitive routine, low testosterone, stress.

Crappy genetics?

"I'm eating right and training hard , get plenty rest and my gear is legit"

Generally not even close to accurate.

Post your EXACT diet , training split and gear doses.

Just because you hired a "coach" doesn't always mean you hire someone who knows anything.
Every needle dick that ever got tanned for a men's physique show is a coach now days.

How are you gauging your strength?

I have a similar conversation with my younger brother a couple months back. He was bitching that he never got stronger. I asked How Do You Know? And he said he would randomly try and max out once every couple weeks....no. Are you writing things down in a logbook? Are you logging multiple rep ranges in lifts and trying to break them every couple weeks? How is your recovery?

Strength is not something that just happens and sneaks up on you - there are steps you have to take steps in order to see this stuff. Writing down your lifts, focusing on recovery, keeping certan variables constant, etc. Saying, "Im not getting stronger" doesnt really mean anything unless you tell us what you are doing and HOW YOU KNOW you arent getting stronger.
Yes, I log my sets. I do a top set/back off approach for my first couple lifts (compound movements), then go into more volume based for accessory lifts.

"I'm eating right and training hard , get plenty rest and my gear is legit"

Generally not even close to accurate.

Post your EXACT diet , training split and gear doses.

Just because you hired a "coach" doesn't always mean you hire someone who knows anything.
Every needle dick that ever got tanned for a men's physique show is a coach now days.
Diet, I’ll go ahead and give macros if you’d like. I don’t want to give exact diet as I don’t want to “call out” my coach. I think he’s a good guy.

Macros are 400 protein, 450 carbs, 60g fat (this is through MFP, so it’s tracking trace protein as well).

Training is, as I said, PPLx2.

Push A
Incline smith top set and back off
HS shoulder press top set back off
HS decline press 4x15-20
Lateral raise machine 4x15-20
Tricep EZ bar pushdown 3x20
Tricep rope pushdown 3x10-12
Single arm extensions 3x15

Pull A
Rear delt flies 4x15-20
Single arm cable lat pulldown top set back off
Smith BOR top set back off
HS high row 4x10-15
Seated cable row 4x10-15
Pullovers 3x15
Machine preacher curl 3x20
Hammer curls 3x10
Incline curls 3x12

Legs A
Calves 4x15-20
Hack squat top set back off
Plate loaded leg press top set back off
Single leg leg press 4x15-20
Adductor SS Abductor 4x20
Leg extension work up to just one large drop set
Lying leg curl 3x10-15

Other 3 sessions are same volume, just different movements. I take everything to perceived failure in their rep range. Some sets obviously I go harder than others for, but with every movement at least one set is absolute failure.

I don’t feel overstrained necessarily

Don't stress out about it too much honestly. Some bodybuilders are very strong at some movements and don't look incredibly developed in those body parts, other bodybuilders lift much smaller poundages for the same reps but are way more developed. Look at Phil Heath vs Nick Gloff for example. A lot of strength is geneticallly predetermined with just how your skeleton and joints are put together. As long as your physique changes you are doing fine. I have a powerlifting friend who literally squatted 180kg his first time ever doing the lift weighing around 95kg; he squats 240+ now but his legs are tiny compared to another bber friend of mine who has a tiny frame and never squats more than 2 plates.
Honestly, I’d say I “look” like I lift (at least in a tank, 6’1 and 190 of course in clothes I’m nothing special but I can’t expect to be with those stats). I have decently capped delts, good arm vascularity, noticeable chest. Perhaps I just need to add size, and strength will come...

Yeah you’re undereating and overtraining. You don’t grow in the gym and more isn’t better. Cut your ppl down to 4 days a week and stop doing so much volume.

Take a whole week off and start fresh.

Pick 1-2 movements per body part per day and only do 2-3 failure sets per movement.
If you were truly training hard you wouldn’t be able to do that much volume or that many days. You’d be destroyed.

Post your exact diet down to ounces and grams for the past 3 days.
I trained low volume high intensity for my last bulk from 180 to 210. It made no difference for me in strength, or physique.

Diet, I’ll go ahead and give macros if you’d like. I don’t want to give exact diet as I don’t want to “call out” my coach. I think he’s a good guy.

Macros are 400 protein, 450 carbs, 60g fat (this is through MFP, so it’s tracking trace protein as well).

Training is, as I said, PPLx2.

Push A
Incline smith top set and back off
HS shoulder press top set back off
HS decline press 4x15-20
Lateral raise machine 4x15-20
Tricep EZ bar pushdown 3x20
Tricep rope pushdown 3x10-12
Single arm extensions 3x15

Pull A
Rear delt flies 4x15-20
Single arm cable lat pulldown top set back off
Smith BOR top set back off
HS high row 4x10-15
Seated cable row 4x10-15
Pullovers 3x15
Machine preacher curl 3x20
Hammer curls 3x10
Incline curls 3x12

Legs A
Calves 4x15-20
Hack squat top set back off
Plate loaded leg press top set back off
Single leg leg press 4x15-20
Adductor SS Abductor 4x20
Leg extension work up to just one large drop set
Lying leg curl 3x10-15

Other 3 sessions are same volume, just different movements. I take everything to perceived failure in their rep range. Some sets obviously I go harder than others for, but with every movement at least one set is absolute failure.

I don’t feel overstrained necessarily
So, you train 6 times a week? You didn't mention your bodyfat either. Far as I am concerned not enough healthy fats either. How about posting a picture?

Yes, I’ve trained as low as 4 and as high as 6 through my time.

Many people, though, train 6 days a week? Even very successful bodybuilders... no?
If you are training 6 days a week doing that routine, there lies your problem. Some body builders take drugs too to compensate recovery.

If you are training 6 days a week doing that routine, there lies your problem.
Can you explain? I’ve done 4, 5, 6 days and feel no difference...

And as I said, there are successful people who train 6x a week no?

Can you explain? I’ve done 4, 5, 6 days and feel no difference...

And as I said, there are successful people who train 6x a week no?
You are not a successful bodybuilder, so don't compare yourself to what others do. Personally I put you on a 3 to 4 day DC Training routine. Like I said, post a picture here.

Personally while I'm a fan of higher protein dieting at your size I'd swap out a little of the protein for some more healthy fats from day grass fed beef and free range eggs.

As far as the training
I might have misunderstood , but..
You do one top working set then progressively back off of the weight and intensity??

The first thing I would do is change your macros a little as mentioned above and then get on a solid structured training program like DC , Fortitude or one of John Meadows plans and keep a log book. Steady force the progression and follow the plan to the T , rest days are critical for most people.
You also don't mention if you have had and labs done to see if you are all on the up and up.
How's your blood sugar?? Could your insulin sensitivity be shot??

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131