over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Will the obesity trend end?

I don't think so. I work with a 20 year old guy he's 5ft 10, 400 lbs, walks super slow, he has foot issues, management doesn't like that he's so slow. And quite frankly I'm tired of moving out of the way when he comes toward me walking in slow motion, taking u so much space . I've thought just walking toward him to see what happens instead of moving out of the way. He has a laid back personality which makes it better . On his break his eats a cheese stick or pizza. Morbidly obese. He doesn't seem to care. His brother used to work there and morbid obese as well, only 21, on antidepressants and blamed quitting his job on not taking his meds which is legit. I think it's because assistant manager , she's extremely unpleasant.
Thankfully while manager can be stern and rigid sometimes, wes neutral and sometimes pleasant to be around.He got another job . May have been his excuse to get out of there.
Was he this way when they hired him? I have never seen an overly fat person in the world place that wasn't lazy. I may hire one for an it job, but any job that requires someone to be efficient and work hard physically no chance.

I think the number of people becoming overweight is slowing. But i would tend to think that is more due to people getting closer to maximum density with the amount and type of food they are eating more then anything. Most people aren't as crazy as bodybuilders who will willing over eat and be uncomfortable to gain weight. The industry has supplied foods that are low fat, low carb etc and that has only helped to get people bigger it seems. The cheapest food to produce seems to be the type that is also the best for putting on BF. I can see where a magic diet pill could help some but would probably allow others to eat even more as they would consciously or subconsciously think they could get away with it. Through out history getting fat has been beneficial and those are the ones that could survive the best. Man might need to evolve for some time before nature finally decides that being a good lazy fat storing machine is no longer the best way to survive. Nature is about surviving and trying do do what is easier for survival. So lazy is something nature likes as well.

Was he this way when they hired him? I have never seen an overly fat person in the world place that wasn't lazy. I may hire one for an it job, but any job that requires someone to be efficient and work hard physically no chance.
Yes he was 50 lbs less over a year and a half ago, when started but his stepdad worked there, he quit, and got his two step-sons on.

probably it will get worse.
shitty food is cheap food.
people also seem to cling to the idea that you need to eat several times a day all our social systems support this too.

It’s cheaper to be fat than in shape.

Chicken breast is over 10.99 a lb in San Diego.
People on a budget cannot afford that. Top ramen .99cents some ding dongs for $1.

Vegetables are expensive, fruit is expensive.

I don’t know what the fuck is going on in the United States right now. Gas is expensive, food is expensive, houses are outrageous which is making rent outrageous. United States is so fucked soooooo fucked.

I was at the super market tonight my daughter wanted Parmesan cheese. 8 fucking dollars. I’m not willing to pay that much. I’m gonna start going to self checkout and ring in everything as bananas.

Obesity will end when StarCaps are returned to the market.

Those who know will know!!

V
It’s cheaper to be fat than in shape.

Chicken breast is over 10.99 a lb in San Diego.
People on a budget cannot afford that. Top ramen .99cents some ding dongs for $1.

Vegetables are expensive, fruit is expensive.

I don’t know what the fuck is going on in the United States right now. Gas is expensive, food is expensive, houses are outrageous which is making rent outrageous. United States is so fucked soooooo fucked.

I never supported that argument and they have been using it for years. A can of beans is less then a dollar. Boxed meals and processed shot is more expensive. It's expensive for someone that wants to eat 300 grams of protein a day but not to eat healthy for a regular person. Eggs can be found for around 2 dollars a dozen here and the average person probably eats two or three so that plus some oatmeal is cheap. Low feet Greek yogurt I also get at Aldo's and it's 55 cents for each one. Chicken breast here is usually 5.50 to 6 dollars a pound but I just stick up when I see sales. Just got a bunch for 2.69 a pound. Whole chickens for a crock pot and some potatoes also can usually be found cheap. Can find deals on pork a lot. Lettuce is cheap as is rice.

People are just lazy, look at society they would rather go to fast food joint and eat then take 30 minutes to cook a healthy meal, it seems there is less self pride, I want to look clean, dress nice, I want a clean yard, house, and vehicle, more and more people just don't care if there slobs, it's to easy to be lazy, and it's cheaper to eat like shit, so it probably won't change anytime soon

In my opinion:

1. A drug that reduces hunger is likely not going to really work with the obese population because hunger is very rarely the reason behind their overreating.

2. Supply chain problems are increasing food prices. But it seems to affect perishable foods more (meat and other animal products, vegetables, fruits, etc.) and highly-processed crap is less expensive to start with. So, if anything, price increases due to supply chain issues, people might start consuming more crap and less "quality" foods.

3. I'm not saying that the crazy conditions we had in the past 2 years will keep up, or if things get better or worse (could be some massive societal changes), but I believe that there is a strong connection between the overall mood of the population and over-indulging on "pleasure foods". Basically you feel like crap, almost depressed, and you eat crap to get a quick "pleasure hit". It's no surprise that during the "pandemic" there was an average weight gain of 20lbs or more in the population (a decrease in activity level also played a role).

4. If we keep moving toward the "acceptance/equaiity above everything else" then there will be less and less incentive to avoid getting fat. Heck, it is even frowned upon to talk about the health risks of obesity now! That's seen as fat-phobia. Like it or not, the main driver of significant personal changes are 1) social acceptance and 2) survival. So if being obese loses all negative stigma and we avoid mentioning the health risks, then the motivation to avoid becoming obese, or lose fat if we have too much, will get lower and lower. The cancel diet culture (i.e. eating properly and exercising) is gaining traction to the point of being in great shape is seen by many as something negative.

I like some of the comments of the above poster...

Many of these folks are not obese due to hunger. Our neighbor is morbidly obese and had one of the surgeries and said she is literally never hungry. She has gone from about 350 to 325. Not active at all and just eats many smaller meals and it's all related to psychological issues.

In m any ways we are borderline promoting obesity with our acceptance and lack of more focused discussion on the health ramifications. C$#id is the best example. Study after study showing how detrimental obesity is and our obesity rate has increased since it started! How many PSA's did you all see urging folks to get in shape, lose weight, eat right?

There will be some shifts and ebbs and flows but the more we live a life of convenience it's going to continue to be an issue.

The “food chain collapsing” argument is irrelevant. It only affects the shit WE LOVE (meat, fruit, veggies) and has made 0 difference in highly processed food. We will shift a point where most food is made in a lab and processed to death, continuing the obesity trend.

In my opinion:

1. A drug that reduces hunger is likely not going to really work with the obese population because hunger is very rarely the reason behind their overreating.

2. Supply chain problems are increasing food prices. But it seems to affect perishable foods more (meat and other animal products, vegetables, fruits, etc.) and highly-processed crap is less expensive to start with. So, if anything, price increases due to supply chain issues, people might start consuming more crap and less "quality" foods.

3. I'm not saying that the crazy conditions we had in the past 2 years will keep up, or if things get better or worse (could be some massive societal changes), but I believe that there is a strong connection between the overall mood of the population and over-indulging on "pleasure foods". Basically you feel like crap, almost depressed, and you eat crap to get a quick "pleasure hit". It's no surprise that during the "pandemic" there was an average weight gain of 20lbs or more in the population (a decrease in activity level also played a role).

4. If we keep moving toward the "acceptance/equaiity above everything else" then there will be less and less incentive to avoid getting fat. Heck, it is even frowned upon to talk about the health risks of obesity now! That's seen as fat-phobia. Like it or not, the main driver of significant personal changes are 1) social acceptance and 2) survival. So if being obese loses all negative stigma and we avoid mentioning the health risks, then the motivation to avoid becoming obese, or lose fat if we have too much, will get lower and lower. The cancel diet culture (i.e. eating properly and exercising) is gaining traction to the point of being in great shape is seen by many as something negative.
And Christian touched on what no else did in the thread; the behavioral and psychological effects of food. Remember in the Calum Von Moger thread when people were questioning why he would continue down a dark path when he seemingly had everything? I said it was because meth altered his brain chemistry and he is incapable of seeing it that way. While food addiction is not as severe, it is real that a dependence can develop. Especially with sugar. If you sit back and watch regular people eat you can pick up on compulsions. Maybe one of your co-workers, without fail, has a can of Coke at the same time every day. Or a relative eats a meal and always eats cookies after as dessert.

Depression and boredom can absolutely result in overeating. Eating "gives you something to do" and making eggs and oatmeal isn't exciting. Ordering a pizza and picking toppings and maybe adding breadsticks sounds a lot more appealing. If you're sad, something like Ruffles chips are the ultimate feedback loop: high salt, high fat, high carb. Open bag and put hand to mouth until happy. Effortless.

Behavioral components of bad nutrition start at youth. Bad parents feed their children garbage and they think it's normal and that's what food tastes like. They become products of their environment and at the young age of 25 may have a doctor tell them to change their eating habits because they can do some serious damage. It sounds simple to some people if they value their health. But you're actually asking someone to give up the only thing they've known for over two decades and they can't do it. Not unlike smoking.

@jstrong20 all the foods you listed, none of them taste good to someone struggling with obesity. They also do not want to take the time to prepare it when they can move their thumb on their phone and have something on the doorstep within the hour.

Recently i was doing shopping in supermarket and there was obese woman with a child. Kid was constantly want something so mather said: be quiet , mummy trying to find a food. My toughts: you look like you dont have a problem with that …😁

Food stamps and other public benefits should be coded so that they can NOT be spent on sodas and junk food. Lean meats and vegetables only. If people want to eat poorly, they can only do so with EARNED money.

Oh, a man can dream. The short answer is what slesh said: No.
I have a cousin who is morbidly obese and is on them. Him and his wife are your typical wellfare
In my opinion:

Agree with all. This "accept and love everyone" mindset is insane. I can count on one hand the people in this world I love. What is acceptance? I accept that my cousin is 500lbs or that my male co worker wears a dress and dates his cousin. How would I not accept it? But if someone asks me what I think of each of them, I'm going to give them an honest answer. Lol.

I accept that people are fat and don't exercise and use Uber delivery because they think driving to the store is too much work. But im not going to call them beautiful and not call them lazy.

I seem to recall a natural uncoupler called usnic acid, was in kombucha i used to get like 16 yrs ago, then all of a sudden the shit wasn’t around anymore……
Usnic didn't work, but sodium usnic did. Then I believe supplement companies couldn't get insurance for it. DNP Light.

Usnic didn't work, but sodium usnic did. Then I believe supplement companies couldn't get insurance for it. DNP Light.
It was in the kombucha i used to buy, naturally. They were made to remove it 🤔

And i sure as hell got hot AF after drinking that kombucha, but thanks professor, glad to know it didnt do anything

Recently i was doing shopping in supermarket and there was obese woman with a child. Kid was constantly want something so mather said: be quiet , mummy trying to find a food. My toughts: you look like you dont have a problem with that …😁
In-laws dragged us to an all you can eat buffet (nothing says healthy like a stuffed sausage). Father (extra large) and little girl in line in front of me. She was complaining she wasn't hungry and didn't like anything there. The father made her overflow her plate with some of the unhealthiest food on the planet. She was about 10. Now tell me she has a snowballs chance in hell not ending up obese.

Years ago ted Nugent was on the Oprah Winfrey show...she was making a case that killing animals was inhuman...ted says "before you grill it you gotta kill it and it doesn't look like you've missed many meals"...I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna have a heart attack...

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws