over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Add another to the growing list

Darn. RIP.

Does anyone know if this was his first heart attack?

These guys keep jacking up their dosages to keep up with the competition. It's always gonna come back and bite you in the ass.

RIP Ed. More guys that use aas need to be aware of the health risks associated with gear including all the meds and ancilliaries needed to combat the side effects. Thank you Dante for reminding us how fragile life really is.

Sad news. Rip. I've also had 2 young friends pass in the last year. Both weren't bodybuilders. Life is precious

death happens to us all. everyone wants to die healthy....
would you rather go the long,slow,nursing home route? or would you prefer quick and spontaneous. the only issue is whether you feel guilty enough to stop for the sake of your family. apparently, drugs are more important.
at my gym I talk to guys 300 pounds who never get blood tests, their bp is sky high, they have wives and kids....and they don't care.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

death happens to us all. everyone wants to die healthy....
would you rather go the long,slow,nursing home route? or would you prefer quick and spontaneous. the only issue is whether you feel guilty enough to stop for the sake of your family. apparently, drugs are more important.
at my gym I talk to guys 300 pounds who never get blood tests, their bp is sky high, they have wives and kids....and they don't care.

Those guys are selfish pieces of shit in my book. Not caring about your health when you have a wife and children is saying that you don't give a shit about them. I feel bad for their wives and children.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Those guys are selfish pieces of shit in my book. Not caring about your health when you have a wife and children is saying that you don't give a shit about them. I feel bad for their wives and children.

I agree. Like, yes this sport can be selfish...Health can be maintained though, stop upping the doses and staying on if health is declining.

Is it your goal just to get as big as possible so you can be buried at a young age in the biggest coffin they can make.

It is too bad, only 40. Still had a whole life time in front of him.

It is sad seeing this happening more and more. Hopefully keeping some of the younger guys, as myself's head in check.

HEALTH COMES FIRST

I agree. Like, yes this sport can be selfish...Health can be maintained though, stop upping the doses and staying on if health is declining.

Is it your goal just to get as big as possible so you can be buried at a young age in the biggest coffin they can make.

It is too bad, only 40. Still had a whole life time in front of him.

It is sad seeing this happening more and more. Hopefully keeping some of the younger guys, as myself's head in check.

HEALTH COMES FIRST

I mean we all do things that are dangerous in our lives, but to show complete disregard for your life and your families life is just crazy. If you want to run cycles then that's cool, but at least take care of the side effects! I don't get why people chose to run around with high blood pressure when their is a easy fix. That's the really selfish part. Their are simplistic treatments, but people still chose to gamble. I can't imagine dying at 40 years old. My daughter will be graduating and my son will be right behind her. That's something I do NOT wang to miss and I don't want to let my kids down.

What really eats at me is that the warning signs are typically there and are easily dealt with and/or maintained. You are healthy until you aren't.

This is a waste. :-/

i just want to say something...and you guys can take it for what it is.

why is it when someone that is a lover of the outdoors when they go missing and die, or are eaten by some wild animal, fall from a cliff or trapped in an avalanche or something that people say well at least he died doing something he loved.

then when you have these body builders drop dead doing what they love we have a huge debate about how unhealthy the sport is yadda yadda. and cant find the silver lining.

is it because its self destructive? we all know the risks dont we? just like the man who charges out into the wilderness knows the risk. just a thought.

everyone that is saying we need to be more aware of the health risks with gear use is crazy. Ed knew the risks and he made the decision. What if dorian and ronnie said hey i dont want to compete because of the health risks...they would never of been mr. o ...ed knew what he was getting himself into he had a goal in mind and was going for it.

he was trying to climb mount everest and did not make it. thats all.

anyways RIP.

Good. Point.

However, what you just just described is people (typically) dying by freak accidents. High risk or otherwise.

This is (almost) totally preventable, unless he WANTED to die, that is a different monster entirely.

Just devil's advocate.

Condolences to the family.

i just want to say something...and you guys can take it for what it is.

why is it when someone that is a lover of the outdoors when they go missing and die, or are eaten by some wild animal, fall from a cliff or trapped in an avalanche or something that people say well at least he died doing something he loved.

then when you have these body builders drop dead doing what they love we have a huge debate about how unhealthy the sport is yadda yadda. and cant find the silver lining.

is it because its self destructive? we all know the risks dont we? just like the man who charges out into the wilderness knows the risk. just a thought.

everyone that is saying we need to be more aware of the health risks with gear use is crazy. Ed knew the risks and he made the decision. What if dorian and ronnie said hey i dont want to compete because of the health risks...they would never of been mr. o ...ed knew what he was getting himself into he had a goal in mind and was going for it.

he was trying to climb mount everest and did not make it. thats all.

anyways RIP.

Because sometimes you gotta know when to climb back down. Those other endeavours happen spur of the moment, they go into the wilderness and dies its sudden and random.

On the other hand in BB you will notice the signs, you can combat them.

He just looked very unhealthy when he first came into the scene.

He was told to stop competing because of previous heart issues but kept goimg

This point right here makes all the difference in the world.

The is a huge difference between a BBer just dropping dead and one who HAD heart problems and was warned numerous times to back off/chill out/stop....

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311