over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Biceps never sore?

jdog55

Banned
Sometimes ill do squats and my legs are so sore the next day.
Sometimes ill work my triceps really hard and they will be sore the next day.
Sometimes ill bench high reps and my chest will be sore.

Never are my biceps sore like my other muscle groups get. Sometimes the bone on top of my elbow is sore from the curls, but never the actual bicep. Any ideas? Are yall the same way?

Never are my biceps sore like my other muscle groups get. Sometimes the bone on top of my elbow is sore from the curls, but never the actual bicep. Any ideas? Are yall the same way?
More volume.

I am the same way and like the big man said more volume
lots of reps, lots of sets, barbells, dumbells, cables

I do 3 exercises 3 sets each .I can see where i am at and if i can't strictly curl the 45 pound bar for 10 slow reps i know my biceps will be cooked and pretty much cause soreness.

Just switch things up more volume, less volume, more intensity, superset, giant set, German volume, DC rest pause, whatever floats your boat.

but soreness doesn't equal growth imo especially if you are doing certain thing to get better recovery (food, supplement, super supplement). I can train bicep/tricep/shoulders eod without ever getting sore. Big muscle get sore big time though. I mostly only get sore the first or second time I start a new program. As long as I'm progressing in weight or rep I stay with the same program (usually takes 4-6weeks). I mean if you are not getting sore and weight/rep are going up. You're recovering, so you can hit the muscle more often (hint DC training) and gives your muscle more opportunity to grow overtime (not just from 1 workout every week)

You probably have some structural issues and muscle imbalances like me. From constant shoulder injuries and surgeries I feel as if my biceps no longer get stimulated and I never feel sore either.

I'm going to try to have that fixed by this guy in my area who does Rolfing and muscle reconstruction.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Better mind muscle connection
Squeeze at the top and hold... Then squeeze harder.. U should feel each individual fiber flexing hard
8-15 rep range

I used to be the same and my biceps sucked, but now I really focus on feeling the muscle work instead of just moving the weight. Biceps now get sore and are much improved. Also try flexing them and holding for 10 seconds periodically throughout the day and between sets to establish a better mind-muscle connection.

What kind of poundages are you guys curling with as far as DBs goes and EZ curl bar goes? My biceps never get sore either. I rarely go over the 35lbs on db curls and 80lbs on the ex curls bb curls. I have some bad forearm issues that doesnt allow me to go real heavy. Back in the day I could go so much heavier but I'm older now and its too painful if I try.

For me..it's more the control and feel than the weight. BUT! I try to go as heavy as possible most days with good form, with the occasional real heavy cheat bar curls. Also the bottom stretch on preachers is important..I see too many guys stop before they extend their arm...

Grab a 20 pound dumbell, perform this all as one giant set. 20 pounds is a good starting point. These are concentration curls. Use strict form.

40 reps w/right arm+40 reps w/left arm
30 reps w/right arm+30 reps w/left arm
20 reps w/right arm+20 reps w/left arm
10 reps w/right arm+10 reps w/left arm

All continuous one after the other. If your arms don't get sore from that, you are cheating. It tough to cheat at concentration curls, but I've seen people do it.

Your problem is most likely that you are using other muscles than your biceps to get the job done.

does anyone do feeder workouts for arms? For awhile I was doing 30-50 reps 2-3 sets everyday for arms and they were definitely sore

Why do you guys care about being sore? It's about progress. Sometimes I get sore, others I don't...don't even think twice. You can do 100 rep sets and be crazy sore the next day but what did you gain?

Last edited:
Grab a 20 pound dumbell, perform this all as one giant set. 20 pounds is a good starting point. These are concentration curls. Use strict form.

40 reps w/right arm+40 reps w/left arm
30 reps w/right arm+30 reps w/left arm
20 reps w/right arm+20 reps w/left arm
10 reps w/right arm+10 reps w/left arm

All continuous one after the other. If your arms don't get sore from that, you are cheating. It tough to cheat at concentration curls, but I've seen people do it.

Your problem is most likely that you are using other muscles than your biceps to get the job done.

That should do the trick.

Why do you guys care about being sore? It's about progress. Sometimes I get sore, others I don't...don't even think twice. You can do 100 rep sets and be crazy sore the next day but what did you gain?

To me being sore is the key to what we do and actually its the second day soreness that is most important. If your not getting sore after training its an indication that your body has adapted to the movement/workload and that it is time for a change.

Try using some different methods - drop sets, partials, negatives, 21's, etc. Super and giant sets are great, too. I've noticed recent improvement and DOMS using a rep range of 15-20 for med loads and 8-12 when going heavy.

That doesnt mean they are not growing, my shoulders never get sore yet they are my biggest part!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear