advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats wrong with my sister?? Need advice.

Fullybuilt

Banned
Ok this is pretty weird but my sister looks about 40lbs heavier than she is. She is about 5'5 180lbs but seriously looks 130lbs. She worksout hardcore. She does about 2hrs cardio daily and 30min lifting. Eats super clean, has a lot of muscle but doesnt look nearly 180lbs. Not trying to sound gross or anything, but when you see her, your first reaction is "damn thats a good looking girl." Now, she used to have a thyroid problem and was prescribed synthroid, but lost her health insurance so she stared taking cynomel at 25mcg daily. She took it for about a year, and all of a sudden these last 4months she gained about 40lbs. My first reaction was maybe the cynomel was underdosed,but its not. She just seems to keep gaining weight. Like 1/2lb EOD. She's definatley burning much more cals than she's taking in, so we can't seem to find the problem. Any ideas? She got health insurance so she's gonna see the dr.,but anyone know a good Dr to go to for this? Maybe a female endorcrinologist? What blood tests should she ask for ? Thanks

Well, she should just start by seeing a primary care physician. They will run a TSH on her (among other labs) to see where her thyroid is at. It could be that her hypothyroidism has progressed and she needs more exogenous hormone.

Synthroid (or any T4) is much better than T3 for the steady maintenance of thyroid levels.

Other than that, it is anyone's guess but she really needs a doctor to interpret her labs to decide what is best to do. I wouldn't just keep using the T3.

I don't know where you live, but she might find a women's free health clinic she can use - most decent sized cities have something like that.

Im thinking along the same lines. She has been using cynomel the past year and swithced up to IBE's T3 the past couple months. Maybe she needs a more steady thyroid med like synthroid. The odd thing is that she hasnt gotten fat though. Its like she gained 40lbs but I have no idea where it went. That much of an increase you would think you would notice a little chub or water or something, but she really looks identical to when she was 40lbs lighter, except she's added muscle. Also when her thyroid was low she felt tired all the time. Now she has lots of energy, so maybe the thyroid isnt the problem.

Snarf said:
Well, she should just start by seeing a primary care physician. They will run a TSH on her (among other labs) to see where her thyroid is at. It could be that her hypothyroidism has progressed and she needs more exogenous hormone.

Synthroid (or any T4) is much better than T3 for the steady maintenance of thyroid levels.

Other than that, it is anyone's guess but she really needs a doctor to interpret her labs to decide what is best to do. I wouldn't just keep using the T3.

I don't know where you live, but she might find a women's free health clinic she can use - most decent sized cities have something like that.

is your scale off? LOL... not trying to joke but like you said 40lbs on a 5'5 frame is a decent amount of weight, consider over a 25% increase...

like snarf said, definitely go and get blood work done, that will tell the tale..

later man,

My wife just went through all that shit. Get off the aftermarket shit and get to the Dr. They'll straighten it out but it might take a couple months. 25mcg isn't shit so if she does have a thyroid problem, that wasn't doing anything unless it was barely lower than normal. My wife says go to a Doc and NOT an endocrinologist. Have him check T3, T4, and TSH so they are all in balance. The TSH is usually the balance but looking at the T3 and T4 will double check the TSH. Tell her to check out drugrx.com and search synthroid(or levothyroxine). Good Luck, thats miserable shit to have to deal with.

Correct me if I'm wrong but our body produces 25 mcgs of t-3 naturally so to gain an affect if she's not producing enough t-3 then she would have to do at least 50 mcg's to get the effect from the t-3...

If you want some advice go and see your primary care Dr....A thyroid is not something to be taking litely....It very well could end up with a permanent problem with her thyroid...Then as she get's older it will have a snowball affect on her...Then you'll be worrying about renal failure...

Nothing personal guys but there's a point and time that we try and give the best advice we possibly can but you have to see the Doc on this..
Don't fuck around with the thyroid....

Fullybuilt said:
Ok this is pretty weird but my sister looks about 40lbs heavier than she is. She is about 5'5 180lbs but seriously looks 130lbs. She worksout hardcore. She does about 2hrs cardio daily and 30min lifting. Eats super clean, has a lot of muscle but doesnt look nearly 180lbs. Not trying to sound gross or anything, but when you see her, your first reaction is "damn thats a good looking girl." Now, she used to have a thyroid problem and was prescribed synthroid, but lost her health insurance so she stared taking cynomel at 25mcg daily. She took it for about a year, and all of a sudden these last 4months she gained about 40lbs. My first reaction was maybe the cynomel was underdosed,but its not. She just seems to keep gaining weight. Like 1/2lb EOD. She's definatley burning much more cals than she's taking in, so we can't seem to find the problem. Any ideas? She got health insurance so she's gonna see the dr.,but anyone know a good Dr to go to for this? Maybe a female endorcrinologist? What blood tests should she ask for ? Thanks

From what I understood, T4 (synthroid) was for long term and T3 (cytomel) is only for short term bursts. I am not totally sure, but is it possible she may have been on T3 to long?

Correct me if I'm wrong but our body produces 25 mcgs of t-3 naturally so to gain an affect if she's not producing enough t-3 then she would have to do at least 50 mcg's to get the effect from the t-3...

If you want some advice go and see your primary care Dr....A thyroid is not something to be taking litely....It very well could end up with a permanent problem with her thyroid...Then as she get's older it will have a snowball affect on her...Then you'll be worrying about renal failure...

Nothing personal guys but there's a point and time that we try and give the best advice we possibly can but you have to see the Doc on this..
Don't fuck around with the thyroid....

THYROID

MY MOTHER HAS A THYROID PROBLEM AND HAS HAD IT FOR YEARS THIS SHIT ALMOST KILLED HER. NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY AT ALL. THIS MIGHT BE A LITTLE PERSONEL BUT ASK YOUR SISTER IF HER PERIOD IS MORE PRONOUCED (IN EXCESS). IF SO THEN SHE NEEDS TO FIGURE THIS OUT A.S.A.P. THIS MEANS IT IS WELL ON ITS WAY OF TAKING PERMANENT EFFECTS ON HER BODY ALSO HOW OLD IS SHE. IF SHE IS IN HER MID TO LATE 30'S THE THYROID WILL EXCELORATE VERY QUICKLY. THE ONLY OTHER OPTION MY MOTHER HAD IN ORDER TO TAKE CARE OF IT WAS TO GET HER UTERIS CUT OUT. AVOID THIS AT ALL COST AS THE SURGERY IS LIFE THREATNING AS WELL AS THE SIDE EFFECTS. GO TO A DOCTOR FOR THIS ONE SIS. IF MONEY IS A CONCERN THEN THIS IS THE TIME TO PULL OUT ALL STOPS GET HER BETTER MAN LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS AND I COULD ASK MY MOTHER AS SHE HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THAN SHE CARES FOR.

It looks liek everything was fine until she switched from real pharma drugs to the powder, underground research kind. Which goes to show you NEVER know what in that stuff. I've used a few of these liquid type products & non of them ever came close to the real stuff. The t3 I used from life science research was bogus & I gaine weigth from it since I switched from real t3 to their stuff. Same with the anti e's etc. For medical purposes, never trust these shaddy liquid type places or even ip.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear