over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whats up w/ this ROID GUT??

s.norman

Registered
i just can't take it anymore. my stomach has ballooned out big time since i inc. the dose of my te/deca cycle from 650/400 to 1g/600. this is ridiculous i'm even embarassed about my huge gut. i lost my appetite for 1 year so i was only able to get to 245 at 10% in the summer. i couldn't eat! a couple months ago when i inc. dosages and re-gained some of my appetite i got up to 260 at 5' 11".

i'm not even eating enough and my b.f. isn't that5 bad. why is my gut so huge? there is a term called "roid gut" is this what it is?

no... it's called bloat.
how about cutting down carbs for a couple of days, increasing fiber, and increasing your water intake. A good idea is to also spend a couple of days just not eating much, and staying away from carbs. say from monday til thursday just eat a small breakfast like 2 or 3 eggs and some cheese, skip lunch, then just have a steak for dinner. keep water high, and fiber high on thsoe days... then go back to your diet.

no... it's called bloat.
how about cutting down carbs for a couple of days, increasing fiber, and increasing your water intake. A good idea is to also spend a couple of days just not eating much, and staying away from carbs. say from monday til thursday just eat a small breakfast like 2 or 3 eggs and some cheese, skip lunch, then just have a steak for dinner. keep water high, and fiber high on thsoe days... then go back to your diet.

Just remember to have PLENTY of water with that fiber like Buselmo said or your fecal matter might turn as hard as cement. I thought just taking in fiber would do it to me, and it actually worsened the issue without enough water!

Logan

A detox would work, I dont think its the gear moreso the ammount of food you are eating. A good fiber supplement and degestive emzynes would help also try eating a small peice of fruit with meals.

1. Like was said - water retention in the abdominal cavity
2. If you have a predisposition to visceral fat accumulation - androgens will accelerate it.

i always though "roid gut" was caused by doing heavy weights for abs while on gear, causing a blocky waist from the muscles getting larger, not an actual bloated gut?

i have the same thing,it drives me crazy when people say you look great just need to lose a bit around your waist.
my bodyfat is not high,i don't believe im too bloated.
i have always been this way,it just gets worse on "hrt"

Whey?

Are you using Whey....? If so, huge amounts of whey could be giving you bloat. You know that noxious crop dusting odor that we all enjoy so much walking next to everyone. Whey bloats me up so bad, looks like I'm pregnant. Pepto Pro and LBA's only...

definately roid gut...you're not gonna wanna ever take steroids again.

this study points to deca increasing visceral fat storage.

mebbe swap the deca for eq?

Oral anabolic steroid treatment, but not parenteral androgen treatment, decreases abdominal fat in obese, older men.

Lovejoy JC, Bray GA, Greeson CS, Klemperer M, Morris J, Partington C, Tulley R
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1995 Sep 19:614-24

Abstract
OBJECTIVE: To compare the effects of testosterone enanthate (TE), anabolic steroid (AS) or placebo (PL) on regional fat distribution and health risk factors in obese middle-aged men undergoing weight loss by dietary means. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, carried out for 9 months with primary assessments at 3 month intervals. Due to adverse blood lipid changes, the AS group was switched from oral oxandrolone (ASOX) to parenteral nandrolone decaoate (ASND) after the 3 month assessment point. SUBJECTS: Thirty healthy, obese men, aged 40-60 years, with serum testosterone (T) levels in the low-normal range (2-5 ng/mL). MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Abdominal fat distribution and thigh muscle volume by CT scan, body composition by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), insulin sensitivity by the Minimal Model method, blood lipids, blood chemistry, blood pressure, thyroid hormones and urological parameters. RESULTS: After 3 months, there was a significantly greater decrease in subcutaneous (SQ) abdominal fat in the ASOX group compared to the TE and PL groups although body weight changes did not differ by treatment group. There was also a tendency for the ASOX group to exhibit greater losses in visceral fat, and the absolute level of visceral fat in this group was significantly lower at 3 months than in the TE and PL groups. There were significant main effects of treatment at 3 months on serum T and free T (increased in the TE group and decreased in the ASOX group) and on thyroid hormone parameters (T4 and T3 resin uptake significantly decreased in the ASOX group compared with the other two groups). There was a significant decrease in HDL-C, and increase in LDL-C in the ASOX group, which led to their being switched to the parenteral nandrolone decanoate (ASND) after 3 months. ASND had opposite effects on visceral fat from ASOX, producing a significant increase from 3 to 9 months while continuing to decrease SQ abdominal fat. ASND treatment also decreased thigh muscle area, while ASOX treatment increased high muscle. ASND reversed the effects of ASOX on lipoproteins and thyroid hormones. The previously reported effect of T to decrease visceral fat was not observed, in fact, visceral fat in the TE group increased slightly from 3 to 9 months, although SQ fat continued to decrease. Neither TE nor AS treatment resulted in any change in urologic parameters. CONCLUSIONS: Oral oxandrolone decreased SQ abdominal fat more than TE or weight loss alone and also tended to produce favorable changes in visceral fat. TE and ASND injections given every 2 weeks had similar effects to weight loss alone on regional body fat. Most of the beneficial effects observed on metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors were due to weight loss per se. These results suggest that SQ and visceral abdominal fat can be independently modulated by androgens and that at least some anabolic steroids are capable of influencing abdominal fat.

i just can't take it anymore. my stomach has ballooned out big time since i inc. the dose of my te/deca cycle from 650/400 to 1g/600. this is ridiculous i'm even embarassed about my huge gut. i lost my appetite for 1 year so i was only able to get to 245 at 10% in the summer. i couldn't eat! a couple months ago when i inc. dosages and re-gained some of my appetite i got up to 260 at 5' 11".

i'm not even eating enough and my b.f. isn't that5 bad. why is my gut so huge? there is a term called "roid gut" is this what it is?
do you run ?

you can try to switch from carbs to fat. 1gram of carb =4 cal. 1gram of fat=9 cal. that way you get enough calories but drasticly reduce the amount of food (in terms of grams and quantity)you take in. LESS FOOD LESS GUT. Should see difference in two days or so. When switching back to more carbs try to incorporate black beans into a meal or two 1/2 cup has around 15g. of fiber. Will help with digesting your food. In fact when switching to more fat the only carbs you should be getting is from fiber such as black beans, broccoli.

A detox would work, I dont think its the gear moreso the ammount of food you are eating. A good fiber supplement and degestive emzynes would help also try eating a small peice of fruit with meals.

Good Advice here

Are you using Whey....? If so, huge amounts of whey could be giving you bloat. You know that noxious crop dusting odor that we all enjoy so much walking next to everyone. Whey bloats me up so bad, looks like I'm pregnant. Pepto Pro and LBA's only...

thats right for me its whey and dairy that give me that look, like some have suggested lay off them and take bappers advice aswell

no... it's called bloat.

I agree with the above statement, except I would not eat the cheese if your bloated. Also make sure that your sodium intake isn't too high. Increasing your cycle dosage will make you more prone to hold water, especially if your sodium intake is high. Also, go .5 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight for a week and see if theres a change. Make sure your eating small meals...dont stretch your stomach with food volume.

i will go out and get digestive enzymes

i use cytogainer from cytosport it has a lot of maltodextrins and whey..it has a lot of cals andn i inc.m it w/ olive oil...3 shakes for me w/ this mix is 4500cals and i eat a little too. my stomach is huge i will try gas-x..is this a good idea?

i've been sick and i lost my appetite plus i'm not working outr right now...my gut is still so huge even w/o the food...this all happened when i inc. the dosages plus taking more cytogainer and eating some..i still haven't regained my regular appetite after i lost it for some reaSON

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDiesel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws