over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adderrall or Vyvanse

TurboNikko

Registered
So my doctor prescribed adderrall to me for ADHD but my insurance won't cover it because of my age. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me, if someone needs a medication, what difference does age make? I'm only 30, not 90. Anyway, does any sponsor here offer it or does any one know where to get it without breaking the bank?

Ask and see if you insurance company will cover concerta ?

My son has tried them all and we now bounce back and forth between Concert and Vyvance , with my son we have to steadly increase the dose , what we started doing was when we felt we needed up up the dose we just changed over and when it was time to change back the Vyvance worked again though not as long but then we upped the dose.

check with the pharma companies , alot of them have assistance programs that greatly reduces the cost of the drug you can buy it or so that the insurance company will pay for it

I've used both. I like Vyvanse better for a couple of reasons. 1, it was much cheaper than the Adderall XR I was taking previously. I have decent insurance and the Adderall was like 70-80 whereas I'm only paying 40 for the Vyvanse. Also, I sleep better on the Vyvanse. I think the Adderall XR just took too long to wear off. If I took it any later than 8am I would have a hard time going to sleep that night.

Vyvanse is way better than adderal because I feel it has way less side effects. Less anxiety and racing mind. It's the focus of adderal without the cracked out feeling. Good sense of well being as well.

Vyvanse is way better than adderal because I feel it has way less side effects. Less anxiety and racing mind. It's the focus of adderal without the cracked out feeling. Good sense of well being as well.

I felt the focus was a bit less on vyvanse but overall it's a much better medication. Unless you plan on misusing the medications then aderall can be pretty interesting.

See if they will prescribe it for social anxiety. That is what is done for my bro. You might have to see a psych for this diagnosis. He legitimately has that and ADHD, but the insurance will only cover vyvanse for the SA oddly enough. It doesn't do much for the SA but works for his ADHD. Good luck.

I find it funny that Doctors prescribe Amphetamine to kids like it's candy, yet Marijuana is only a medical possibility in 16 states. And even in the 16 Medical Marijuana states, children are hardly prescribed medical marjuana for ADHD. When a natural alternative is available, the medical industry are still turning kids into speed freaks, keep in mind that they are running a business and they have to make money by pushing their drugs.

I believe Medical marijuana to be a godsend for people with ADD, kids should be taking it who have ADD, but because of an ignorant stigma it will be kept away from them.

Vyvanse works great for me. A lot better then adderal.
Pot sucks. I hate it. Gives me panic attacks. Pot is not great for everyone.

I've used both. I like Vyvanse better for a couple of reasons. 1, it was much cheaper than the Adderall XR I was taking previously. I have decent insurance and the Adderall was like 70-80 whereas I'm only paying 40 for the Vyvanse. Also, I sleep better on the Vyvanse. I think the Adderall XR just took too long to wear off. If I took it any later than 8am I would have a hard time going to sleep that night.

Geez, what insurance do you have? I get sixty 30mg adderall XR for $15 after insurance pays there portion. I have Kaiser and that's the only good thing about them, but everything else is a pain in the ass with them. I also want to try Vyvanse bc it has less sides and the adderall keeps my bp higher than I'd like, but kaiser won't pay for Vyvanse unless adderall, Ritalin, and concerta doesn't work. I hate insurance companies.

Is it the reason for the adderall that the insurance company is denying it? I get it prescribed to me simply to counter the drowsiness from my pain medications.

Vyvanse is a lot healthier long term (theoretically, the way it's absorbed and the amount of active ingredient). But subjects don't get the same "kick" Adderall gives. As a result, many find it hard to switch from Vyvanse to Adderall cause they don't feel it kick in.

Geez, what insurance do you have? I get sixty 30mg adderall XR for $15 after insurance pays there portion. I have Kaiser and that's the only good thing about them, but everything else is a pain in the ass with them. I also want to try Vyvanse bc it has less sides and the adderall keeps my bp higher than I'd like, but kaiser won't pay for Vyvanse unless adderall, Ritalin, and concerta doesn't work. I hate insurance companies.

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. I didn't get the details from them yet. I took the script to Walgreens and got a call shortly after that there was an issue with my insurance. When I called Walgreens to speak with a pharmacist, they told me my insurance wouldn't cover Adderrall xr because of my age. I have to call BCBS on Monday to get more info.

This has been discussed many times the use of adderall etc. and if u havent started I urge u not to.My wife was prescribed adderall for many yrs. and became very addicted she endedup in rehabs and then in a mental hospital couple times. Ive had many dissagree with me on here in the past about this subject but if i can help one person not get hooked i will.Doctors push that shit now cause of kickbacks etc like all med sales.At first u feel great and after time u can and most likely well be hooked.my wife started out incenley enough taking it the way she was supposed to but then as tollerance went up she would take months worth in 10-15 days.Of then shed crash without it and couldnt function so when aderall turned to cocaine then crack.Im not trying to lecture here just giving a heads up as it has placed many hardships in my boy wife and i life.

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. I didn't get the details from them yet. I took the script to Walgreens and got a call shortly after that there was an issue with my insurance. When I called Walgreens to speak with a pharmacist, they told me my insurance wouldn't cover Adderrall xr because of my age. I have to call BCBS on Monday to get more info.

Should cover generic. Made by same pharma and cheaper. You could also get your doctor to fill out a form requesting that your insurance covers you but that usually doesn't happen unless you've been on the medication for a long time or have another good reason.

Both of those are very expensive in name brand, concerta as well. Adderall has generic in instant release and they are very cheap, the extended release are 3 times the price even as generic but get online and get a prescription discount card and find one that shows you local pharmacies and the price.

Walmart, sams, kroger are usually the least expensive. The generic IR are very affordable. Things like concerta and vyvanase are name brand only and very expensive. I don't like them or Ritalin or any of the methylphenadines (sp).

Just be very careful and only use what you really need. People tend to abuse these easily, and they are a life saver if you need them, but a curse if you can't control use. Personally these are one thing that I can take if needed or do without. Opiates I can't even touch but haven't even looked at one in years and years. Pat myself on the back. Lol.

And with adderall it actually increased my appetite but I rarely use them.

Good luck.

This has been discussed many times the use of adderall etc. and if u havent started I urge u not to.My wife was prescribed adderall for many yrs. and became very addicted she endedup in rehabs and then in a mental hospital couple times. Ive had many dissagree with me on here in the past about this subject but if i can help one person not get hooked i will.Doctors push that shit now cause of kickbacks etc like all med sales.At first u feel great and after time u can and most likely well be hooked.my wife started out incenley enough taking it the way she was supposed to but then as tollerance went up she would take months worth in 10-15 days.Of then shed crash without it and couldnt function so when aderall turned to cocaine then crack.Im not trying to lecture here just giving a heads up as it has placed many hardships in my boy wife and i life.

Although OT I agree with you. I'm not sure it will always lead to crack or cocaine because that comes from coca leaves but it could turn into a meth addiction. Either way it's very addictive and if stopped suddenly you will go through an extreme withdraw. I feel docs overprescribe this drug and most don't really need it. There are people that medically need this so dont flame me because I do know this but want everyone to be safe. Addiction is no joke!

Anthem and they wouldn't let me get a generic. Thus, I was paying like 70 for the XR. Much happier paying less for the Vyvanse, not to mention I feel better on it. I think it has to do with the fact that Vyvanse is only 1 type of methamphetamine whereas Adderrall is a mixed-salt. Either way, I sleep much better with the Vyvanse.

Not sure what state you're in but in Mass, as of last month walgreens does not accept blue cross/blue shield insurance for ANY prescription! Not sure if its like that in other states or not. This sucks royally as i'm self-employed and pay $1700 per month for my family's health insurance and in the last two months they doubled my co-pays and now I can't go to Walgreens either which is the closest pharmacy to my house :banghead::banghead:

Is your script for adderall xr or ir? Xr is expensive but ir is not. You might want to get a price for ir and consider paying for it out of pocket if its not that bad.
I can't see them denying you adderall because of your age. I'm 35, have the same insurance and they pay for both xr and ir every month for me. I started taking it when I was 32 also.
If you truly have adhd then adderall can be a life-changing drug. I struggled with multiple problems for 32 years before i was finally properly diagnosed. Since starting adderall my life has totally changed for the better. I still have anxiety issues but I am now very productive and I can actually talk to people when I have to, which is something I could never do before.
In regards to the stimulant effects that adderall can produce, don't let it scare you. People with adhd rarely experience those side-effects. It has the totally opposite effect on me. It actually relaxes me and slows me down. My mind races and I can't sleep when I DON'T take it. I can take 20mgs of adderall at 9pm and be sleeping at 10pm.
It has truly been a miracle drug for me, I suggest that you at least TRY it to see if can help you as well.
Good luck bro

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner