over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplements for 13 and 15 year olds?

Lene28

Registered
These are my cousins boys; the 13 year old plays football and runs the hurdles and the 15 year old runs long distance. any supplements these guys should be taking to help with performance and recovery? I was thinking along the lines of creatine and beta-alanine.

These are my cousins boys; the 13 year old plays football and runs the hurdles and the 15 year old runs long distance. any supplements these guys should be taking to help with performance and recovery? I was thinking along the lines of creatine and beta-alanine.

I wouldn't hesitate to give those to my son if he were around that age. Also would consider an Animal Pak a day and the most nutrient dense foods that whoever can get them to eat. Good food is their best natural hormone precursors at that age.

First i would recommend someone making sure they are eating enough and eating the right food. Most teenagers eat nothing but junk. This would improve performance the most. Supplement wise, a good multivitamin, whey and possibly creatine but I doubt it

Eighty percent of girls and 75% of boys ages 4 to 18 have inadequate intake of calcium.
Low intake of vegetables, whole grains and fruits is evident in the inadequate consumption of dietary fiber and potassium by 95% of all kids.
Over the past decade, children’s eating patterns have been markedly low in vitamins A, C, D and E.

The best supplements for those kids is a healthy diet and lots of love from their parents. I have a child athlete by his own interest and I do give him a light protein with skim milk and peanut butter before workouts and just skim milk after. He's 9 and regularly kicks the asses of 11 and 12 year olds at our Kempo dojo. I never press him to do more than he wants to do.

Creatine and protein, if they don't get enough through their diet. Beta alanine could also be useful, especially for the sports you mentioned.

Get there diet in line. If the can manage to keep that I track for a while then maybe look for something small to add. I would stay clear of giving them the idea that supplements are a key to results. There are way to many adults that have yet to grasp the basic idea that diet is the best way to achieve real results.

diet in line is first importance and id say bcaas creatine and a multi for sure

Because most teenage boys, especially the athletic ones, are metabolic blast furnaces. Their bodies demand energy.

Correct but junk food isnt the correct route. They eat junk because its easy to get ahold of.

A vitamin/mineral would be a good start along with some additional protein. You could see how that goes and add some creatine and beta alanine later if you like.

They eat pretty good. Their grandfather raises beef master grass fed cows. His dad feeds them a good amount of fruits and vegetables as well. Limited candy/junk and no cokes.

Thanks for the input guys!

When I was 17 phosphagen came out(eas creatine) and it helped me break through my first plateau. Stress the importance of water. Get them off cokes and anything like that early on so carries through life. Multi, little extra vitamin c and a b complex. Basic basic basic

They eat pretty good. Their grandfather raises beef master grass fed cows. His dad feeds them a good amount of fruits and vegetables as well. Limited candy/junk and no cokes.

Thanks for the input guys!

Nice. That grass fed beef and puberty is all they need for base growth, lol. Sounds like diet is great in comparison to most teens. Protein powder, vitamin c, d and or a multi would be great for those guys. They're getting a lot of great nutrients though.

The only supplement should be food. If an ectomorph - then it should be LOTS OF FOOD.

i remember when i was about 15 and started to drink protein shakes. I thought they were a wonder drug haha

get arganine in with that beta alanine and creatine pre workout. you prob save money just finding a pre workout with all that stuff in it but you want to watch the ones with tons of caffeine. need that NO for good pumps.

also what others have said you want to make sure you are eating at least a couple solid meals before your lift. nice starchy carbs help fill muscles

get arganine in with that beta alanine and creatine pre workout. you prob save money just finding a pre workout with all that stuff in it but you want to watch the ones with tons of caffeine. need that NO for good pumps.

also what others have said you want to make sure you are eating at least a couple solid meals before your lift. nice starchy carbs help fill muscles
Agmatine > arginine
Citrulline malate is great
Creapure as well.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb