over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips for keeping your waist tight

Good Post with Lots of Great Info.

You have to get into the Habit of doing these things every day, and then it becomes easier. I find myself doing Stomach Vacuums while I am cooking throughout the day, they fit in nicely........................... JP

Recently been doing things to keep the waist tight such as planks in the morning after fasted cardio, vacuums, and wearing my belt during cardio on the treadmill. One thing I've been considering is a waist trainer throughout the day.

Anyone have a recommendations on some?
Not sure about it being a waist trainer.....but I have a friend at my gym who competes and always trains with a "wrap" called Sweet Sweat.

He said it pulls all the subq water he holds in that area away.....and that he notices a big difference with it.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Of course. It should really go without saying. Genetics plays a massive role in everything. Two guys could be may be on similar diets and both weight 250 and one has a 32 inch waist and the other a 42 inch waist. The point of my post is no matter what your genetics are there are ways to shrink (or make it appear smaller) your waist through improved digestion and exercise etc. I have naturally very wide hips and this is why I have a wider waist but by controlling the distention I can dramatically change my look.

I forgot one obvious tip that all will know. Obviously the bigger and wider you make your shoulders and lats the smaller your waist will look. The key is balance though as many in the pursuit of that added growth will blow out their waist even much. That's why training is the main area to do this and concentrating on movements such as lateral raises, lat pulldowns, pull ups and seated low/high rows etc. SEO can also come into play and site injecting your delts and lats to add to the effect.

I only play devils advocate as I broke every one of your rules and my waist gets down to 28inches :cool:

Not sure about it being a waist trainer.....but I have a friend at my gym who competes and always trains with a "wrap" called Sweet Sweat.

He said it pulls all the subq water he holds in that area away.....and that he notices a big difference with it.

Sweet sweat is a gel that rubbed on the waist and the rubber-lined wrap is put on. It does work, but not really to make waist smaller. Its great when youre already leaned out before a show and need to tighten that last little bit.
Waist trainers are more compressive, almost like a corset. They work too. Logic says they shouldnt, but they do. Can knock off a couple inches...for men or women.

These are great tips... thanks for the post

I only play devils advocate as I broke every one of your rules and my waist gets down to 28inches :cool:

But that is due to your genetics. Plus how big are you? Not everyone has a 28 inch waist. Hell I wouldn't even want one... 32 inches would be amazing for me. Obviously some guys don't need to follow any of the tips if they already don't have an issue due to their genetics.

It's a bit pointless posting what you just did. It's like someone posting a thread how to use aas to look good and Kai Greene posts well I don't need aas to look great and I can look amazing natural. Or someone posting tips for guys who struggle to build arms and someone posts in the thread I barely train arms and they are 22 inches. Not everyone has the genetics. My post was for people who have an issue with their waist. Hell even if they don't maybe the people with 28 inch waists want a 27 inch waist. I was just offering tips to people cos I know they can work.

Yes it will work. Some things are temporary but they will still work especially if you repeat the process daily. It's like women who get wraps done and sweat out all the sub-q water. Anyone who needs 1 inch (maybe more) off their waist within a few hours could probably do that by wrapping up and sweating.

Good Post with Lots of Great Info.

You have to get into the Habit of doing these things every day, and then it becomes easier. I find myself doing Stomach Vacuums while I am cooking throughout the day, they fit in nicely........................... JP

Exactly. I should have mentioned obviously when I diet down my waist shrinks just like anyone. But I have noticed a big difference when I follow all of the tips I posted. But as you say you have to be consistent. Like with most things you get back what you put in.

Last edited:
But that is due to your genetics. Plus how big are you? Not everyone has a 28 inch waist. Hell I wouldn't even want one... 32 inches would be amazing for me. Obviously some guys don't need to follow any of the tips if they already don't have an issue due to their genetics.

It's a bit pointless posting what you just did. It's like someone posting a thread how to use aas to look good and Kai Greene posts well I don't need aas to look great and I can look amazing natural. Or someone posting tips for guys who struggle to build arms and someone posts in the thread I barely train arms and they are 22 inches. Not everyone has the genetics. My post was for people who have an issue with their waist. Hell even if they don't maybe the people with 28 inch waists want a 27 inch waist. I was just offering tips to people cos I know they can work.

Genetics are a funny way of saying "what I cant apply quantitatively or qualitatively assessment too."

What you're referring to is gut protrusion or your gut sticking OUT, im referring to the whole package width and girth.

YOU WILL NOT IMPACT THE WIDTH EASILY, thats bone structure. While you can impact the girth or distention, its rarely the issue in healthy athletes (other than heavy slin users.)

Genetics are a funny way of saying "what I cant apply quantitatively or qualitatively assessment too."

What you're referring to is gut protrusion or your gut sticking OUT, im referring to the whole package width and girth.

YOU WILL NOT IMPACT THE WIDTH EASILY, thats bone structure. While you can impact the girth or distention, its rarely the issue in healthy athletes (other than heavy slin users.)

I titled the thread "Tips for keeping your waist tight". By that I meant distension so of course your gut sticking out. Of course you can't narrow your hips as you are born that way. It should go without saying. Of course you can't impact the width easily.

Plus I disagree it's only a problem with slin users. I have always had issues long before I ever used slin and hgh. I know loads of people who have issues and they haven't touched slin. Yes slin and hgh can worsen the problem but gut distension is not just for people who use slin. I have also been very healthy as well. It's mainly a food issue imo. Obviously size can come into it as well. Anyone pushing size (comes back to food) will put unnecessary size on their waist. So sure it may stem from the wrong diet and/or food quantity. Guys with good waist genetics can obviously get away with much more than ones without them. But I shouldn't even be posting this as I was just giving some tips for people.

All I done was post a thread trying to help people who may have issues with gut distention. But I get you stating I don't need any of it I have a 28 inch waist... so what... good for you. I never stated everyone needs to follow my advice. Moreover at no time did I imply you can some how change the width of your bone structure. So why are you even going on about that? Although guys with big muscular obliques can definitely become or appear wider. So that's why I mentioned the body weight exercises and the twists etc. I never stated it would change your bone structure though. Not quite sure were you are getting that from.

I titled the thread "Tips for keeping your waist tight". By that I meant distension so of course your gut sticking out. Of course you can't narrow your hips as you are born that way. It should go without saying. Of course you can't impact the width easily.

Plus I disagree it's only a problem with slin users. I have always had issues long before I ever used slin and hgh. I know loads of people who have issues and they haven't touched slin. Yes slin and hgh can worsen the problem but gut distension is not just for people who use slin. I have also been very healthy as well. It's mainly a food issue imo. Obviously size can come into it as well. Anyone pushing size (comes back to food) will put unnecessary size on their waist. So sure it may stem from the wrong diet and/or food quantity. Guys with good waist genetics can obviously get away with much more than ones without them. But I shouldn't even be posting this as I was just giving some tips for people.

All I done was post a thread trying to help people who may have issues with gut distention. But I get you stating I don't need any of it I have a 28 inch waist... so what... good for you. I never stated everyone needs to follow my advice. Moreover at no time did I imply you can some how change the width of your bone structure. So why are you even going on about that? Although guys with big muscular obliques can definitely become or appear wider. So that's why I mentioned the body weight exercises and the twists etc. I never stated it would change your bone structure though. Not quite sure were you are getting that from.

keep posting...pay the braggart no mind..If he dont weigh over 250..28 waist not impressive..brah

keep posting...pay the braggart no mind..If he dont weigh over 250..28 waist not impressive..brah

I agree and thanks.

IronLion2 can you post a pic of your physique/waist? I am just curious. I am sure you look fantastic so this is not calling you out. Some guys do have smaller waists even at large bodyweights so good for them. But just curious what you look like.

Last edited:

Lucky! I think genetics are the main factor as with everything.

I am one of those people who wakes up with a flat and tight stomach, but once fluid and/or food gets consumed, the distension begins. I have been using Hgh for a couple years and dabbled with slin but nothing crazy. It might possibly be genetic.

I am one of those people who wakes up with a flat and tight stomach, but once fluid and/or food gets consumed, the distension begins. I have been using Hgh for a couple years and dabbled with slin but nothing crazy. It might possibly be genetic.

Everything is genetic but very often we take in things that don't suit our bodies. That could be a certain food, drink or even a drug. My 1st post covers most things. But some people as you state are just unlucky and have issues. I went years consuming huge meals so that never helped. By huge I would regularly have 200g carbs from pasta with a steak for example. Common sense needs to come into play and all that food starts having an effect. Coupled with my wide hips my waist was never going to be under 30 inches.

Some guys are lucky and even at a big bodyweight their waists are still fairly tight. Most of the time it's probably genetic but over the years I have learnt there are lot's of things you can do to prevent distention. The obvious one is not eat a lot of food... who would have guessed :eek::D That's why a lot of smaller guys still have tiny waists. But there are not many 250 pound guys with tiny waists. The food needed to grow that big wouldn't allow it. Again though some process food quickly and eat the right things and have 32 inch waists at bigger bodyweights.

As I posted above my 1st post was just some things I 100% know can help guys who suffer from distention or anyone who wants to reduce their waist size. Matey I am the same and everytime I have my large intra shake now I am a bloated mess :eek::D

Bulking shake for calories and fast digestion has always been

Rice checks, hydrolyzed whey/whey iso blend+ coconut milk

Delicious and I feel my stomach is empty in 2 hours

I agree and thanks.

IronLion2 can you post a pic of your physique/waist? I am just curious. I am sure you look fantastic so this is not calling you out. Some guys do have smaller waists even at large bodyweights so good for them. But just curious what you look like.

There was no disrespect or hate in any of my rebuttals. I just simply hate what we call "waist" is simply your gut. You know I have respect for you elv.

I look ok, if you think you look great 99% sure you dont lmao. I would make a garbage bodybuilder, anyone who thinks a SMALL waist or wrists is good is a fool, I look like a ballerina with 20inch arms. I think I look like Buedina when he's not running a grams of primo and slin. I'll post pictures at the end of the month, on a metabolic reset before my first slin run.

There was no disrespect or hate in any of my rebuttals. I just simply hate what we call "waist" is simply your gut. You know I have respect for you elv.

I look ok, if you think you look great 99% sure you dont lmao. I would make a garbage bodybuilder, anyone who thinks a SMALL waist or wrists is good is a fool, I look like a ballerina with 20inch arms. I think I look like Buedina when he's not running a grams of primo and slin. I'll post pictures at the end of the month, on a metabolic reset before my first slin run.

Fair enough but I still don't get why you posted what you did over me using the word "waist". When I say waist I think of my belly. The dictionary definition of waist is "the part of the human body below the ribs and above the hips, often narrower than the areas above and below." That is the area I am going on about. Yes it's pretty much your "gut" but your internal obliques and transverse abdominis come into play. Even lower back fat can have an effect too. That's why I mentioned some of those body weight exercises as they 100% can make a difference.

I just call it all my waist as that is mine (and most peoples) definition of the entire area. If you buy pants you get a 28, 32, 38 inch waist.

Just post a pic now. I am not going to judge you. I am curious what a 28 inch waist looks like on a man. Some guys do have tiny waists. My waist was 32 inches when I weighed much less and I have very wide hips. Here is a pic of my waist and I don't know the exact measurement but it's EASILY 36 inches in this pic. I bet I could say 32 inches and people would believe me but it's not the truth. I will post 2 as it looks smaller in the top one but the view is blocked. By the way I am nothing special either and would get destroyed on any bodybuilding stage. But that's me so I post my pics. I post pics when I look terrible as well. Just trying to illustrate my waist probably looks smaller when I am in shape than it really is. I would have never posted my pics in this thread if it weren't for your posts. I was just trying to offer tips that have worked for me. I need to show how bad my waist can really be to illustrate the below is really good for me.

116kj84.jpg

66ypnm.jpg

Last edited:
Get out these bad boys :eek: I have been much worst than these pics too. Obviously I look fat but I know for a fact if I tensed when I took these I would look half decent. My whole body is lean and vascular but my belly in them is obviously a mess. Can you imagine the side way on these :eek::p All it takes is 1 bad meal for me and I look a bloated mess so this is why the tips I posted can make a massive difference to me. Others like IronLion2 may not need to do anything and they have tiny waists no matter what. I can have severe issues with bloating if I am not careful.

34pzvgj.jpg

2z74if9.jpg

Last edited:
I typically have a 34" waist all summer at 250 lbs.
Currently closer to 36" at 260 and Once almost had to Buy 38"s when in full bulk.
My Obilques are much larger than normal from yrs of shoveling and swinging Sledge hammers. They look Bad until I get the Striations in them.
But there is So mush Power in these muscle they would be hard to Live without...
But I'll bloat just from drinking too Much Water!

Attachments

• IMG_6400.JPG
    IMG_6400.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 224
Fair enough but I still don't get why you posted what you did over me using the word "waist". When I say waist I think of my belly. The dictionary definition of waist is "the part of the human body below the ribs and above the hips, often narrower than the areas above and below." That is the area I am going on about. Yes it's pretty much your "gut" but your internal obliques and transverse abdominis come into play. Even lower back fat can have an effect too. That's why I mentioned some of those body weight exercises as they 100% can make a difference.

I just call it all my waist as that is mine (and most peoples) definition of the entire area. If you buy pants you get a 28, 32, 38 inch waist.

Just post a pic now. I am not going to judge you. I am curious what a 28 inch waist looks like on a man. Some guys do have tiny waists. My waist was 32 inches when I weighed much less and I have very wide hips. Here is a pic of my waist and I don't know the exact measurement but it's EASILY 36 inches in this pic. I bet I could say 32 inches and people would believe me but it's not the truth. I will post 2 as it looks smaller in the top one but the view is blocked. By the way I am nothing special either and would get destroyed on any bodybuilding stage. But that's me so I post my pics. I post pics when I look terrible as well. Just trying to illustrate my waist probably looks smaller when I am in shape than it really is. I would have never posted my pics in this thread if it weren't for your posts. I was just trying to offer tips that have worked for me. I need to show how bad my waist can really be to illustrate the below is really good for me.

116kj84.jpg

66ypnm.jpg

Look's 32" to Me....
You have a long torso with High Lats, seems to make you Appear very Slim!

As an FYI to some. Pants size is not a measurement. I have seen plenty of people post their pants size as if it is a true measurement over the years. Get a tape measure and put iti right around your belly button or widest area. I find it is usually 2-4 inches bigger then their pants size.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
tomodanotri
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131