mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reversing heart hypertrophy/plaque: Can it be done?

Ah. I misunderstood and thought it was the concentrated juice. TY

Studies have been done with the juice too, can take either. I believe the the study range for the juice was from 2oz to 6oz per day with 6oz per day being the best I believe but would have to double check that.

I see that different manufacturers standardize there products with different ingredients from the plant. Ellagic acid vs punicic acid. Do we know which is better? Or to what Jarrow standardizes theirs to?

I see that different manufacturers standardize there products with different ingredients from the plant. Ellagic acid vs punicic acid. Do we know which is better? Or to what Jarrow standardizes theirs to?

"contains a wide range of polyphenolic compounds including ellagic acid, anthocyanins and ellagitannins."

Don't think it's standardized just has all compounds?

Last edited:
It's very hard to find data on this. Has anyone ever successfully been able to do this? And I'm not talking about LVH here.

With respect to LVH, I've seen an example where LV heart walls go from moderately thickened to 'paper thin' and severely dilated in a matter of days, and then back to moderately hypertrophied within several months after.

This may not be possible if the LVH is the result of coronary artery disease.

Last edited:
Not sure about decreasing plaque in the arteries but an awesome product to try is Meldonium. It's the cardiac drug all the Russian athletes have been testing positive for. It is meant for treatment of cardiac patients as it inhibits l- carnatine, which I think causes the heart to prioritize glucose for fuel as opposed to fat ( not totally sure though).

I bought some on Amazon ( Mildonrate) and noticed an improvement in endurance exercise performance. Normally I would go for an hour bike ride with an average HR of 150-160bpm...when taking Meldonium I was going just as fast but my HR was 140-150bpm. It also seemed to lower my blood pressure. Anyway my 2 cents..if anyone else has experience with Meldonium I'd like to hear from you.

Well that’s interesting for sure. Anyone else have any insight on the stuff?

At first glance, I’m not sure I’m a big fan of lowering carnitine levels as a bb’er or as a keto guy.

Interesting nevertheless.

Has anybody ever tried “systemic proteolytic enzymes” or Nattokinase to remove protein debris inflammation and plaques in the circulatory system?

I’ve been on these for 10 years - no idea if they work or not (no scans prior) but after reading all the literature I was compelled enough to stay on these. Lol.

I’m an old fart and my Carotid Artery Calcium score was “0”. Zero evidence of plaque

We all know that there’s no way to attribute this to anything specific because there are so many variables at play so while I am thankful for that score, I’d be speculating as to why it was so good.

Not sure about decreasing plaque in the arteries but an awesome product to try is Meldonium. It's the cardiac drug all the Russian athletes have been testing positive for. It is meant for treatment of cardiac patients as it inhibits l- carnatine, which I think causes the heart to prioritize glucose for fuel as opposed to fat ( not totally sure though).

I bought some on Amazon ( Mildonrate) and noticed an improvement in endurance exercise performance. Normally I would go for an hour bike ride with an average HR of 150-160bpm...when taking Meldonium I was going just as fast but my HR was 140-150bpm. It also seemed to lower my blood pressure. Anyway my 2 cents..if anyone else has experience with Meldonium I'd like to hear from you.

Interesting stuff. This is what Maria Sharapova got a 15 month suspension for. May I ask how you even get Meldonium anywhere?

For anyone who cares
https://enzyscience.com/blogs/news/...ach-in-cardiovascular-dietary-supplementation

Has anybody ever tried “systemic proteolytic enzymes” or Nattokinase to remove protein debris inflammation and plaques in the circulatory system?

I’ve been on these for 10 years - no idea if they work or not (no scans prior) but after reading all the literature I was compelled enough to stay on these. Lol.

I’m an old fart and my Carotid Artery Calcium score was “0”. Zero evidence of plaque

We all know that there’s no way to attribute this to anything specific because there are so many variables at play so while I am thankful for that score, I’d be speculating as to why it was so good.

I have used nattokinase on and off. Haven't in a while. CAC score is also 0 but I doubt that's the primary reason.

Interesting stuff. This is what Maria Sharapova got a 15 month suspension for. May I ask how you even get Meldonium anywhere?

I just bought it on Amazon. Outside of the small group of endurance athletes that use it for performance reasons it just a normal cardiac drug that's used in Russia but not North America. There's lots of good info on the Meldonium Wiki page.

I just bought it on Amazon. Outside of the small group of endurance athletes that use it for performance reasons it just a normal cardiac drug that's used in Russia but not North America. There's lots of good info on the Meldonium Wiki page.

https://www.amazon.com/Meldonium-Ol...ds=meldonium&qid=1568996798&s=gateway&sr=8-17

This stuff? I thought it was a prescription drug. Surprised to see it being sold like that. I'd have to study it much more before I would even consider taking it though. Given that it improves endurance, I have to wonder if it can increase hematocrit and hemoglobin, which would be a deal breaker for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Meldonium-Ol...ds=meldonium&qid=1568996798&s=gateway&sr=8-17

This stuff? I thought it was a prescription drug. Surprised to see it being sold like that. I'd have to study it much more before I would even consider taking it though. Given that it improves endurance, I have to wonder if it can increase hematocrit and hemoglobin, which would be a deal breaker for me.

Interesting....I'm from Canada, and so I was able to buy this

https://www.amazon.ca/Meldonium-Mildronate-500mg-Grindex-Latvia/dp/B076ZTJF7J

I don't think it has an effect on hermatocrit or hemoglobin. I think it's main actions are circulation improvement as well as improving heart efficiency by prioritizing glucose for fuel as opposed to fat.

Sorry to reply twice, but I wanted to add that the primary purpose of Meldonium is for heart patients. That's what it was invented for, and the performance benefits for sports was discovered later. So things like increasing hermatocrit most likely don't apply as that would be detrimental to anyone with heart problems.

Sorry to reply twice, but I wanted to add that the primary purpose of Meldonium is for heart patients. That's what it was invented for, and the performance benefits for sports was discovered later. So things like increasing hermatocrit most likely don't apply as that would be detrimental to anyone with heart problems.

Or it could be life saving in heart patients who are anemic. I wouldn't automatically assume that.

Or it could be life saving in heart patients who are anemic. I wouldn't automatically assume that.

Agreed, I'm also concerned about elevated hermatocrit for obvious reasons. But I guess I felt confident that it wasn't increasing due to Meldonium usage based on what I had read about it, as well as the fact that my blood pressure seemed to go down when taking it. But these are just my unscientific observations, I'd be interested in hearing about anyone else's experience with Meldonium.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131