over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calum Von Mogen bicep tear

Calum is a super nice guy, have met him and spoken with him at Gold's numerous times....but he doesnt seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

These injuries he's gone through have been a direct result of his own stupidity....trying to curl 225 with Bradley Martyn. Trying to scale a wall and rupturing your quad....

Either way, its a learning moment for him. If he wants to compete and stay relevant (who knows if he really does), taking dumb risks like this wont cut it.
Feel bad for him though.

I just rewatched the video of him tearing his quad and you can hear the pop. He is catching injury after injury. Maybe needs to chill just a bit.

i guess once it began to look like Calum's essentially guaranteed future of being a massive star began to fade... it was time to jump ship, and look for something better :eek:

He's made some poor decisions, but I do feel bad for him. Same bicep torn twice, torn quad, significant other gone, physique permanently changed - that's a lot to deal with in such a short period. This recovery period would be a good time to reinvent himself, whether he remains a public figure or not.

Really makes me question why his tendons are so prone to tearing/rupture?

Karma!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn6qRLLgQ8g"]Calum Von Moger & Taylor Both Injured - YouTube[/ame]

Career Von Over

But hey, you gotta live. Hopefully he makes a good recovery. When your physique is your living, you have to avoid injury if possible. He rides a bike with no helmet and dies gym stunts (first injury) and repelling (second injury).

There's also more money in a strong Instagram/YouTube following that competing in classic bodybuilding. People will be following his recovery.

Who would you rather watch on YouTube ? This likeable dumbass or Shaun Roden? Exactly.

Last edited:
Career Von Over

But hey, you gotta live. Hopefully he makes a good recovery. When your physique is your living, you have to avoid injury if possible. He rides a bike with no helmet and dies gym stunts (first injury) and repelling (second injury).

There's also more money in a strong Instagram/YouTube following that competing in classic bodybuilding. People will be following his recovery.

Who would you rather watch on YouTube ? This likeable dumbass or Shaun Roden? Exactly.

That's exactly why bodybuilding will forever remain a super niche sport with no mainstream appeal. Guys have no personality, no charisma, won't say anything to build up shows ('I'm going to win!', 'XXXX looks like shit', etc.), and generally don't want to be seen except when they get on stage.

Bodybuilding deserves the pathetic following it has.

Career Von Over

He is likeable and you can't blame him for wanting to live life! Who are we to criticize someone who isn't affecting our paycheck. It just sucks because I was curious to see how well he would do and also how fast he would recover. It was going well until this latest accident. I'm sure he will tone it down some but he loves to push the boundary.

Happier times...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-5xkCXhVro"]Golden Hour With Karina & Calum Von Moger - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
These two major injuries so close back to back is telling me that he has a genetic affinity towards getting injured. He probably has poor tendon/cartilage strength. Knowing this, if he wants to make some money while he's young and relevant, he needs to do risky stuff and focus only on bodybuilding. I don't think he takes bodybuilding seriously, but I do believe that he takes the money it could bring him seriously.

i guess once it began to look like Calum's essentially guaranteed future of being a massive star began to fade... it was time to jump ship, and look for something better :eek:

Calum seems like a nice guy but she probably saw the big picture and her friends told her to leave his dumbass...a man approaching 30 that jumps off cliffs isn't exactly reliable/ long term relationship material.

I think women are turned off by injured men just subconsciously. Makes sense if you think about it. An injured man couldn't provide or protect in the caveman days. Reminds me when I got in a fight two years ago twisted my ankle going down the stairs, amazing how I won the fight and Im the hero/badass she fucked my brains out.....but a few days later we got into it over some bullshit and she called me a "cripple ass" and she was turned off by me being immature. Meanwhile the guy threw a drink at my face and punched me first :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Calum seems like a nice guy but she probably saw the big picture and her friends told her to leave his dumbass...a man approaching 30 that jumps off cliffs isn't exactly reliable/ long term relationship material.

I think women are turned off by injured men just subconsciously. Makes sense if you think about it. An injured man couldn't provide or protect in the caveman days. Reminds me when I got in a fight two years ago twisted my ankle going down the stairs, amazing how I won the fight and Im the hero/badass she fucked my brains out.....but a few days later we got into it over some bullshit and she called me a "cripple ass" and she was turned off by me being immature. Meanwhile the guy threw a drink at my face and punched me first :rolleyes:

you're basically correct in what you're saying... but you're painting her (and women in general) in a rather charitable light IMO.

yes, a woman's love is conditional and purely transactional.

it's basically Briffault's Law in action

"The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place. ... Past benefit provided by the male does not provide for continued or future association."

and the horrible things that she said to him are an example of what's called 'the light switch effect' - wherein a woman can love you one moment, and in a split second, hate every fiber of your being.

this explains how a woman so easily disengages from a man who she 'loved'.. she adores you, and then is disgusted by the very thought of you.

she loves you, but has simultaneously always despised you.

These two major injuries so close back to back is telling me that he has a genetic affinity towards getting injured. He probably has poor tendon/cartilage strength. Knowing this, if he wants to make some money while he's young and relevant, he needs to do risky stuff and focus only on bodybuilding. I don't think he takes bodybuilding seriously, but I do believe that he takes the money it could bring him seriously.

Or the year round Winny use. Can't stay that dry and lean all the time and expect to stay injury free.

What happens is the meth keeps them awake. Then no sleep and meth equals hallucinations. Bad news!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads