over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tore my bicep

Biceps been sore for a few days so I haven't been in the gym. Needed to do back so I figured I'd just do shrugs, rear delts, and rack deads, thinking these wouldnt place any strain on the bicep. Welp, pyramided up in weight on rack deads and the moment I lifted the bar my bicep immediately ripped right off the bone at the tendon. Heard it loudly crunch and tear. On my way into the doctor now to see if they can do surgery.
You think it was partially torn before bc of the soreness you were feeling?

Bro, my arm is starting to have pain. Idk if it's common or not. Do you know? I had my surgery 2 years ago.
I’m not sure brotha. Mine never really hurt when I tore it. Rehab hurt pretty bad for 3-4 months but after that Iv never had and pain other than normal muscle soreness and old age.

I've been feeling a bit of tightness when doing certain movements. Are there movements that put more or less stress on the tendon? I feel like hammer curls really bother it and curls with arm in front of body more so than incline curls with arm behind body

You'll be back in the assless bunny suit in no time.

I have torn both, my right is quite a bit shorter now than the left. Make sure you tell your surgeon to bring it down as low as he possibly can.

I had the distal( elbow ) bicep repaired with what’s known as the button. This was like 15 years ago and the doc said it’s even stronger after the repair then anatomically. I’ve loaded the bicep up with tremendous weight since the repair and it’s been 100%. Knock on wood. It’s a “pretty easy “ recovery as well once you get out of the sling. Don’t sweat it and good luck.
Yah same here. Had the same surgery and its been maybe 6 years. Cant remsmber exactly but that bicep is far stronger than the uninjured one.

Yeah Biggerp, get that shit done dude if you haven't. I was just talking with a couple surgeons who were talking about how muscles and torn tissue scares down and become increasingly difficult to reattach when this shit happens and you wait too long. You're a PM bro and we all want to see you do well.

My insurance isn't going to cover it with where I'm at. It's been like 3-4 weeks now. Today I just said screw it and got back in the gym. The bruising is gone now. The bicep is about 35% shorter than it was before. My wife says it actually makes the bicep look bigger. Which is probably because with my body fat it's hard to tell that the arm is all muscle when it inserts at the forearm like it does naturally. Anyways just gonna start working out again and if something happens in the next few weeks where I find a way to get the surgery, cool, if not, I'll just live with it.

You think it was partially torn before bc of the soreness you were feeling?
Yeah I think so

My insurance isn't going to cover it with where I'm at. It's been like 3-4 weeks now. Today I just said screw it and got back in the gym. The bruising is gone now. The bicep is about 35% shorter than it was before. My wife says it actually makes the bicep look bigger. Which is probably because with my body fat it's hard to tell that the arm is all muscle when it inserts at the forearm like it does naturally. Anyways just gonna start working out again and if something happens in the next few weeks where I find a way to get the surgery, cool, if not, I'll just live with it.

Yeah I think so
Sorry to hear they won't cover it dude. Sucks. I think functionally you should be able to get back the strength flexibility but it won't look the same like you said. Best of luck bro and keep us informed how you do here on out.

Funny enough it didn't hurt even one bit. Felt and heard it tear. Dropped the weight and stumbled backwards out of shock. But complete numbness. Only now, about 30 minutes after it happened, is it starting to hurt.
It’s not the end of the world. As long as you can get it reattached pretty quickly (hopefully you have already), it will heal in a few months and in less than a year you’ll be doing everything same as always.

It won’t look the same and that arm will forever be smaller than the other one, but that’s just life.

Biceps been sore for a few days so I haven't been in the gym. Needed to do back so I figured I'd just do shrugs, rear delts, and rack deads, thinking these wouldnt place any strain on the bicep. Welp, pyramided up in weight on rack deads and the moment I lifted the bar my bicep immediately ripped right off the bone at the tendon. Heard it loudly crunch and tear. On my way into the doctor now to see if they can do surgery.
I registered just to comment on how unbelievably stupid you must be. Even with all those warning signs, you still went ahead and pushed your luck. When will you ever learn?

Yeah I think so
Seems like you didn't learn anything at all. You deserve any future tears coming your way imho. Good luck anyway.

I registered just to comment on how unbelievably stupid you must be. Even with all those warning signs, you still went ahead and pushed your luck. When will you ever learn?
Yup. I went to the gym to do deadlifts despite my bicep hurting. Such a fucking moron! 😂

Many people would not train at all if they didn't train through various pains. I've been so paranoid about a quad tear that I haven't maxed out a squat in decades and it's pissed me off for decades. It's hard to know when when to ignore the pain and when not to. My quad tendon gets sore a lot when training legs even moderately hard.

Many people would not train at all if they didn't train through various pains. I've been so paranoid about a quad tear that I haven't maxed out a squat in decades and it's pissed me off for decades. It's hard to know when when to ignore the pain and when not to. My quad tendon gets sore a lot when training legs even moderately hard.
I agree I always err on the side of caution and I’ve been lucky. If I feel a tingle I drop the weight and those tingles have left bruises that healed so micro seconds from a tear. That said we train bc we are, he had warning signs but fucked up, posted the truth so we all learn and for that I thank him. Mind you I have several small visible tears that never caused pain or bruised. Honestly to a non bodybuilder they can’t even tell but it’s clear to someone who knows that there’s a minor tear there that healed funny or didn’t and the doc said it’s a tiny tear surgery woukd be worse. Now off the bone full tendon or muscle tear I can’t imagine but it’s part of the game. Shoukd he be training? Not hard no maybe not free weights but to quit would be insanity as well.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws